• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunrise, Sunset - Isaac for Smash Ultimate #GoldenSunday

SPEN18

Smash Lord
My guess is that this Direct wouldn't be the time that they announce something like Golden Sun, but then again who knows. There's been lots of rumblings about new, unrevealed games so we'll see what happens.

Just pls no Mario Golf

Hopefully we'll see at least one Nintendo franchise that's been absent for a while.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
So, what do you guys think will happen in the Direct?
Release dates for announced games. Ports that people have been asking for (Metroid Prime 1 - 3). Mario Maker (2?). Random indie game here and there. Surprise third party stuff.

I am not expecting Smash DLC reveal (at best Joker gameplay), Golden Sun stuff (I think they might save it for E3 if there is any in plans right now).

Nauzgo

Smash Journeyman
I hope to see 1-2 new games announced, maybe something like Mario Maker, Wario or Pikmin. Oh and the reveal of the new Pokemon game would be appreciated.

What I don't wanna see though is Mario Golf obviously. Then again it isn't very likely that we see something from Camelot anyway.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
Prediction: Some info on Joker maybe. A good 5 to 10 minutes about FE 3 houses. News on upcoming games like the FF ports, DXM etc...
Unlikely would be info on next Smash dlc, but with the instagram post last week, it can see it happening. (with all the rage that will ensue)
Super unlikely: GS remaster annoucement.

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Hopefully Golden Sun stuff.

More reasonably, a port of Xenoblade X and Persona 5, and info on DxM.

But mainly expecting a lot of Fire Emblem, a bit of stuff I don't care, and maybe some Animal Crossing or Pokémon (but I don't believe in it too much).

Edit: adding in DraQue 11 release date + "Brave" in Smash

Last edited:

shocktarts17

Smash Ace
Hopefully Golden Sun stuff.

More reasonably, a port of Xenoblade X and Persona 5, and info on DxM.

But mainly expecting a lot of Fire Emblem, a bit of stuff I don't care, and maybe some Animal Crossing or Pokémon (but I don't believe in it too much).
I believe the rumors are that Pokemon might be getting its own mini-direct later so I'd agree that we probably aren't going to see any Pokemon.

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Alright Adepts just a word of warning. If Camelot is announcing a new game for release in 2019/2020 this year it is a 50/50 chance it will be Golden Sun. Otherwise it's Mario Golf. And considering they have the Tennis engine already in place, it is likely Golf.

The statistics show Camelot are split on a 2019/2020 title but it will happen. Their yearly release gaps are 1-2 years. With Mario Tennis Aces, it makes a 2019/2020 a shoe-in.

As to what however I cannot say. The statistics of what they release in what order is far to random to predict. After all, Lost Age came out before Golf or Tennis on the GBA. While on the DS, Dark Dawn was the only DS title. Camelot are all over the place.

So go in tomorrow night expecting a Camelot announcement at best. Because we don't know which one it will be. But note this.

If Golf gets announced, it means the next title they will release on Switch is Golden Sun provided the Switch lasts another 2-4 years. Which looking at Nintendo Switch hardware sales numbers and reception of the console seems very likely.

Camelot_Release_Years.png

Last edited:

SPEN18

Smash Lord
The statistics show Camelot are split on a 2019/2020 title but it will happen. Their yearly release gaps are 1-2 years. With Mario Tennis Aces, it makes a 2019/2020 a shoe-in.
Would it be more accurate to look at the number of months between releases rather than just the years?

Of course, the release dates are gonna vary by region but you could just do the JP ones or each region separately

Gioka

Smash Journeyman
I am hoping we get something GS announced but given the duration the direct is supposedly having I think this might not be the time for us to get that info. Aside from confirme Three Houses info I am expecting on something Metroid related, maybe some Joker info and MAYBE something KH related

Jupiter Ivan

Smash Ace
I am hoping we get something GS announced but given the duration the direct is supposedly having I think this might not be the time for us to get that info. Aside from confirme Three Houses info I am expecting on something Metroid related, maybe some Joker info and MAYBE something KH related
I’m expecting Joker gameplay reveal, a healthy amount of Three Houses and a variety of small announcements.

I don’t expect GS, but I also don’t expect Metroid. Prime 4 has been restarted, it’s unlikely they have much information to share atm. Maybe later on in the year, but not so soon after announcing they’ve started over in development.

I don’t expect Pokemon. An announcement like that is for sure one that would be closer to E3.

As for KH, hard to say. I think it’s a bit soon to announce a side game. Maybe a port of 3, but I have a feeling that if that was in the works, we’d have heard about it much sooner.

FlintIke

Smash Journeyman
I guess there will be some basic stuff like Mario, PKMN and maybe something about Metroid and FE. Other than that I could only expect a Joker Gameplay Trailer with Release Date.

And we might also get another character reveal alongside Joker. "Brave" probably. But I wouldn't bet on it since I am not 100% certain that even Joker will be there.

ZelDan

Smash Master
I'm not exactly expecting anything on Metroid, unless there was some secret Metroid project they've been working alongside MP4, which I don't really see happening at all.

That aside, some stuff I'd like to see:

• Finally some more info on Bayonetta 3. Kinda hoping it's not going through what MP4 is, or worse...
  • Mario Maker Switch
  • A new Mario RPG that's actually exciting.
  • Golden Sun stuff (duh)
  • some serious DLC for Mario Odyssey
  • New Zelda. There are rumors about a 2D Zelda, and I'd be down for that.
  • Ideally we'd get an another Smash newcomer reveal, even if the model isn't ready we could maybe just get a teaser trailer similar to Joker
  • We know there will be FE Three houses, and hopefully it won't be Fates-tier
  • Would be cool to see a less focused on or dormant Nintendo franchise to get some love (F-Zero, Star Fox,Star Tropics, Kid Icarus, Punch Out,Ice Climber etc.)
  • A Wario Land game, you remember Wario had platformers before, right Nintendo?
  • Mother 3 please

Frosty Pops

Smash Journeyman
I don’t know how Death Battle works, but if it’s a popularity contest we’d get bodied.

Or we use this as a chance to rally, flex our popularity muscles and show the world our might.

Probably the former though.
Here is how it works, to quote the show.
Our combatants are getting prepared. And it is our job to analyze their weapons, armor, and skills to find out who would win a death battle.

They then do a history of each character and go over their abilities and weapons as well as impressive feats they have accomplished.

Then they go.
Alright our combatants are set. It's time for a death battle!!!!!

Then they do an animated fight and someone dies. Then they go over why this person won either by an ability that gave them an edge or comparing their stats and one being much faster or stronger.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
In regards to the Direct, I don't expect any GS content. I fully believe that if we see something GS-related this year, it will be at E3. However, I personally would like to see news on Persona 5 (please for the love of the Wise One come to Switch), FF7, as well as the usual out of left field pick (I think it will be F-Zero this time around).

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
I’m really hoping we get golden sun news tomorrow but of course like many I think e3 will be our real shot. If anything i hope to see at least one surprise tomorrow like f zero returning. If any smash news comes, I’m crossing my fingers for Sora.

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
It hasn't exactly been...glowing....in our corner of the wold. Has it? We don't really have much of a reason to do so, but every time direct season his I feel it necessary to try and pick my head up regardless. I don't expect anything great for us all tommrow. But then again. I have no reason not too either. Just gotta be positive, if possible.

FlawedAI

Smash Ace
Here's a nice video I just watched by Arlo: it talks about how all the "fan rules" for character choices end up broken. He also touches on Assist Trophies, and while the only one he mentions by name is Waluigi, I feel it applies to our current situation as well.

Link

SPEN18

Smash Lord
yeah I think the focus on marketing and third parties is hurting Isaac's chances for DLC even more than being an AT

ZelDan

Smash Master
yeah I think the focus on marketing and third parties is hurting Isaac's chances for DLC even more than being an AT
I mean, we only have had one DLC character confirmed so far, and while Erdrick's chances are looking good, he still isn;t 100% confirmed or official yet. And if he is, there's still 3 spots left.

If after the third character we see another third party/marketing pick, then I'll probably expect the last 2 to be as well.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
We've had only one character reveal though so it's too early to say if 3rd parties really are the main focus. Still I really don't expect AT promotions to be a possibility until if they choose to go beyond the fighter pass

Tetiro

Smash Ace
Would it be more accurate to look at the number of months between releases rather than just the years?

Of course, the release dates are gonna vary by region but you could just do the JP ones or each region separately
I do consider this and eventually I will be getting onto it.

Right now I am too busy with the Isaac cosplay making to do so. But when I do, Golden Sun shall be the first one!

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
I believe the rumors are that Pokemon might be getting its own mini-direct later so I'd agree that we probably aren't going to see any Pokemon.
Yeah, that's why I think we won't have something crucial in Pokémon department. The anniversary is coming later this month and includes Q&A with Treehouse. Why that? I don't believe there's enough Pokémon stuff right now to involve Treehouse, but more info on the next Gen until then is likely.

Edit:
PolarPanda shared a "hint" for Smash in the Direct in the SquareEnix character discussion. Not sure what it could mean, it seems it's a hint for a new game (some say Pikmin or F-Zero).
Later in the same thread, people linked to a post from Vergeben backing Erdrick too as a newcomer in Smash. There's also several SquareEnix higher-up retweeting this Direct, including DQXI producer.
On Elma's thread, there's also this Twitter post from Caitlin Glass, Elma's VA. Caitlin is probably involved in the voice acting of some character in the Nintendo Direct, may it be XCX, or maybe a new role in female Erdrick, some Fire Emblem 3H character, or something else.

Last edited:

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
Hey, lads.

New GS announcement at the beginning of the year would be amazing, especially since we haven't had news for anything is a really long while.
I think it'd be smart if they were actually working on a GS game to announce it now when everyone's itching for news, and (if it was to release next year) maybe release it early summer if there's nothing big around that time.

I think this is one case where announcing it early could be a benefit; say we get a early-mid 2020 release, announcing now would give a lot of people the opportunity to get into GS, whereas if they were to announce and release close to each other, people would look to Dark Dawn and maybe say, "That game was ehh." no it wasn't I'll fight you and just not be as interested as if they had more to go on.

I also feel Octopath's success is a really good thing for the more traditional JRPGs in terms of less up-to-date Nintendo fans, people who don't keep up with news as much as we do. "hey, Octopath was good, maybe I'll try this." kinda thing.

Also, obligatory-even-if-I-get-burned HYPEEEEE

SPEN18

Smash Lord
mean, we only have had one DLC character confirmed so far,
e've had only one character reveal though so it's too early to say if 3rd parties really are the main focus.
I mean, my expectations for DLC have less to do with just Joker and more to do with the nature of DLC in general

Also, 4's DLC gave somewhat of a blueprint as to how these things go down. Of course, it could be different this time, but based on everything we've been hearing it hasn't seemed too different so far

KoopaSaki

Smash Ace
Well another direct come and gone and honestly l guess Camelot is still at work on whatever there game is. So I guess we gotta wait until e3 for any more news regarding their next game.

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
I'm really hyped about Astral Chains.
The music fits so well.

Daemon x Machine demo is also great.
Overall pretty pleased with the Direct.

Undella2

Smash Journeyman
I sure would have preferred Minish Cap over Link's Awakening, but what can ya do?

I miss this when it was a party here
To be fair, nothing really super newsworthy related to Golden Sun has come out of Nintendo/Camelot for, like, two to three months now.

It's pretty impressive that the thread's gone on for so long during that time period almost purely off of fanwork and support.

Isaac: Venus Adept

Smash Lord
That was an ok direct some great announcement and some I didn't care for although it looks like some heavily rumored games didn't show up like they were expected while a few did. I replied to Nintendo's tweet about the Link's Awakening remake so feel free to share the tweet
Also I downloaded the Daemon X Machina demo and tried to make the mech and the avatar character look like Isaac and Flint as much as I could

Last edited:

NoOtherPersona

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4922-9697-9289
20190213_220747.jpg
well I can officially call myself a golden sun fan now I finally got my hands on the original two

ZelDan

Smash Master
I love Link's awakening, and the art style itself is nice, it's the character models that I'm still iffy on.

I'm really curious what kind of stuff has been changed or added with it. Is the DX content in the game as well? Will that animated trailer be in the game and will there be more, or was that just for the trailer?

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
Look at the bright side, there were no announcement for a Mario Golf, Camelot is still open.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If the Switch were an inhospitable place for your more niche RPGs, you'd have seen a very different Direct.

And yet we still wait.

Kalaam

Smash Ace
The Link's Awakening remake looks weird because it's Link Between Worlds' engine. It looks like a 3DS emulation on switch, that's weird. (further confirm that 3DS is dead).
Looks like a very small side project too, they reused a lot of assets from other stuff.

SoccerStar9001

Smash Lord
The Link's Awakening remake looks weird because it's Link Between Worlds' engine. It looks like a 3DS emulation on switch, that's weird. (further confirm that 3DS is dead).
Looks like a very small side project too, they reused a lot of assets from other stuff.
Hopefully this means GS remake wouldn't end up stuck on the 3DS.

Top Bottom