• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sunday, Feb. 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
I just died on the inside.

Is the press confrence going on right now as we speak?

.Yoshi

Smash Journeyman
Haha hilarious! And people thought Japan was getting screwed.

This happened with RE4 too and it was a huge hit. No worries.

Exorcist

Smash Journeyman
9:16 a.m.: Smash Bros. will have full Wi-Fi multiplayer capabilities. Lots of new levels and many new characters, including Sonic the Hedgehog. A "unique way of sharing between users, even online," according to Iwata -- this relates to some user-created content for the WI-Fi service in relation to Smash Bros., sounds like.

9:14 a.m.: NOA's George Harrison takes the podium. He's going to give us an update, he says. We get to play for the "first time" Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Link's Crossbow Training, Battalion Wars 2, Mario Party DS, Advance Wars 2 and Master of Illusion. We'll also get an updated look at Galaxy.

At 9:45, Smash Bros. demonstration. At 10:00 a.m., open gameplay. At 12:30, lunch. And then more open gameplay for the remainder of the day, methinks. Everything except Smash Bros. Brawl will go live on Monday, media included, I presume.

9:02 a.m.: Evidently we're only able to film a combined five minutes of gameplay footage for each game. However, we will also be able to film gameplay demonstrations in full. Of course, you should note that we can only post Brawl stuff today. The rest will have to wait until next week. I apologize in advance, but don't shoot the messenger

Apparently, everything except for Super Smash Bros. Brawl coverage will be under embargo until Monday. But we will, according to what I've heard, be able to film a Brawl presentation and write in detail about the fighter today, which sounds fantastic.

Our questions will soon be answered?

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
This is, in my mind, a good thing. Now we get it on a Sunday. So there will actually be a midnight launch. Oh, will that be fun. All night, playing Brawl!!!111

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
I've a lot of interest in this game. Thank a lot Nintendo/Sakurai. I'll be surpirsed if it ever sees the light of day. What overhype.

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
Anyone keeping up with the blog? They're demonstrating Brawl to the media.

You have to hit the smash ball before you can use it? Did I read that right?

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
I've a lot of interest in this game. Thank a lot Nintendo/Sakurai. I'll be surpirsed if it ever sees the light of day. What overhype.

You're forgetting the #1 rule of video games: any time Nintendo or Blizzard delays a highly anticipated game, the end result is always spectacular.

Honestly, this is the best thing to happen to Brawl. Melee was rushed, and it's STILL an amazing game. Brawl, however, is shaping up to be the greatest video game ever.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
The delay kind of sucks.

But, the good news is that IGN is getting hands-on time all weekend and we're going to get flooded with juicy info. Also, with having to wait until February 10th, that's more than two more full months of daily updates. Imagine how many characters we'll get to see. :)

Aryman

Smash Master
3DS FC
1934-0665-4529
They chose Pikachu and Donkey Kong?? Why wouldn't you try Sonic or any of the newcomers?? Ike, Diddy, Meta Knight?? Come on...

JPW

Smash Ace
i'm more concerned about the Aussie Date now. I'm hoping Mid March.

but knowing Australia has the Easter Break in April that be a good time downunder. Holiday season and all.

I'm going to accept on the grounds that they drop a PAL release date soon.

I would love it if it turned out we got it after Japan.

And you guys got it last.

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
YAY! I thought the release date was going to be Feb. 4 but I was 6 days early. XD

I am a bit disappointed that we have to wait longer but I'm glad that Brawl isnt being rushed and is going to be even more awesome! ^_^ The delay actually gave mii more hype :D

December is going to go by really quick for mii, then I'll just have to wait for January to pass by, but Super Mario Galaxy, Corruption and Melee will help time go by. Then on Feb. 10...BRAWL! YAY!! :DDD

oh yea, and we'll still be getting updates so..more YAY! Man, I hope Falco is revelaed before Feb. 10 XD

Sir James

The Doctor
Ugh..I knew this was coming. Although this extra wait will suck, we have to stop and think just how amazing this game will be. Sakurai really wants this game to be the best of the decade. He could have released it sooner and rush it out, but he's taking his time and is ensuring it still gets the legendary status that it deserves.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

NOOO WAAAAAAA feb...10th... UGH

DAAAAA
gramssdiv...

breath... this is probably for the best, oxy, you can live through this. The game will onyl be made better... User created content? F YES! I hope it is a stage editor!!!

PLZ GOD

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Well, it's like Shigeru Miyamoto always says "A delayed game is eventually good; a bad game is bad forever."

Besides, I have it reserved, so I'm good.

It's kind of a good thing, too, because I originally intended to get it as a Christmas present.

Cenedar

Smash Ace
February 10th... this game was delayed by a little over two months. Two long, tortuous months...

Of course, you gotta take the bad with the good. This is just what happened to Twilight Princess, and that game ended up being incredible. Nintendo doesn't delay without good reason. Sakurai is obviously doing all he can to not rush this game, like Melee was.

Here's hoping that they make the most of their time and polish this game to utter godliness.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
the delay does indeed suck... but i would rather be known for delays than bad video games...

Neo-X

Smash Journeyman
****! DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! I WAS GOING TO GET IT FOR CHRISTMAS SO I DIDN'T HAVE TO USE MY MONEY! Evil Nintendo..delaying the best game on the Wii...

Burninator

Smash Journeyman
For someone who decided to 'take his time' from the beginning of development, WHY ANNOUNCE A GOD**** RELEASE DATE IF YOU'RE NOT ABSOLUTELY SURE.

I really did die inside.
To give people something to look forward to, and then crush them. Leaving them to forever cling to his every word, and gain total influence over them. He controls their world. Their happiness is brought on by character additions. Their sadness comes with the announcement of great delays. All who are caught in his web of deceit shall be forced to join his army and help him to take over the world.

GenG

Smash Lord
There is a new stage in the selection screen. I'm talking about the first stage of the second row. Looks like Brinstar Zero.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
****!!!!!!!!! Wtf!! How Could They Do This!! 2 Years Are Enough!!!**** I Have To Wait 4 Months Now,whats Christmas's List Then? **** This Is The Worst Day Of My Life,the Last Time I Was Happy Was Yesterday!!!george Harrison? Is He The Guy From Beatles?**** This Other Guy,and His Putret *** Plz Bring The Release Date Back To Dec.3!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom