• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sun Rise Tournament (SRT) [Road to APEX]

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
You may have no idea how much I would LOVE that ruleset not to change from how is it written right now.

Ayuha

Smash Rookie
I started to make a list of entries.
If you had written a comment here, please confirm.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Forgot to say, we'll be in Japan from August 3rd to the 17th. As well, it'd be a good idea for anyone staying for a while to purchase rail passes.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
Ayuha: Are you really sure about this rule? "(Pools : Best of 1)"
this is really unusual for non-japanese players.

also is there new information about housing? :)

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I agree with the whole pools thing too. For an event this large and for having an entire day dedicated to pools, we should be able to do best of 3 pools. I would hate to have lost to someone game 1, download them for game 2 but it's only one-match pools.

:phone:

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Wondering if there will be Melee here. In fact, kinda curious on how to get in touch with the Melee community. I'll play Brawl as well though...But I'll be in Japan for 2 months.

ハイハイ!僕は狼です。六月から八月まで、東京に住んでいるつもりです。東京でスマブラを遊ぶために誰と連絡をしましょうか?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
The funniest thing will be M2K in Japan. I wish I can see that live. Please let me know how funny it is.

No offense M2K, but you get confused/lost often and it is kinda hilarious so I can imagine my self crying on the floor from laughter at you getting confused over there.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
The funniest thing will be M2K in Japan. I wish I can see that live. Please let me know how funny it is.

No offense M2K, but you get confused/lost often and it is kinda hilarious so I can imagine my self crying on the floor from laughter at you getting confused over there.
Shoot, lol. I'll try to go to the Brawl tournament just for this. :p

And when someone checks/responds to my message...how close is this to Suginami-ku, Tokyo?

Ayuha

Smash Rookie
>>Okami BW
If you're in Suginami-ku, it's about a 40 minutes' train ride to PiO (SRT venue). It depends on which line you take, but I recommend to use JR line first and ...
I'll make a train guide so please wait.

>>Eikelmann
I added you to the list too.

>>Keitaro
We're not talking about streaming players' figure yet, but if we think about many players from abroad, I guess it'd be better if we did.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
Yeah, I'm going to really really try to go. I think I can. Though I'd also like to get in touch with Bombsoldier, Kou, and the Melee community if at all possible! I just don't really know how. :x

Hall

Smash Ace
Don't forget to add good 'ol Hall to your list of attendees. I'll be staying August 6th to August 27th.

Tesh

Smash Hero
1. Too much taunting is prohibited

Is this a rule against excessive trash talk or about actual in game taunting? If its the latter, then its just ********.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Mew2King is going to Japan and will be there for the first 2 days of SRT. The 3rd day he will be taking a plane back to USA for a tourney in the midwest called MELEE-FC10R that begins on a Sunday and ends on a Tuesday I believe. It is mainly a Melee tourney, and M2K hasn't placed top 3 in a Melee National in quite a while, so I don't see why he can't just stay in Japan and enter their tournament for a better shot at both money and fame.

M2K has already taken out Esam2x/Nairo/Vinnie2x at the last two tournies he entered. 2 of those guys placed top 4 at Apex and Vinnie could be better than both, and M2K beat all of them. His chances of doing well at this tournament are much more possible than FC.
In b4 impulse and getting 2nd 2 PP???

Hype:
Example 1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVgZbH5ljgQ (Look at the last minute)
Example 2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPYX8mj_Zqg (Last minute)
Example 3) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZxks07zUEY (whole match basically XD)
Example 4) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unqMcgptIAA (mid match)

Hype = If you / the people get very excited about something. (A match, A thread, whatever)

That said, if the tournament needs more Hype, that basically means that the people should go nuts about this tournament.

Like everyone posting:

"DAAAAAAAAAAAMN THIS WILL BE SOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT HYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYPE" etc.
Yes yes and YES

:sonic:

Ayuha

Smash Rookie
>>About taunting rule

I think this rule is only for Japanese players, as many Japanese cannot understand spoken English.
Giving hype is OK. What is prohibited is like
"事故れ!(Make a mistake and lose)"
and something like that. Things that makes others feel bad is not permitted. So you don't have to worry.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Ayuha, whats the ROB laser glitch? You have it in the opening post
/spammin
But im very curious...

Ayuha

Smash Rookie
>>About "ROB laser glicth"
It's one of the bugs. If this happens, ROB will be able to shoot its laser finitely (any time in a row without charging).
However, what conditions we need to make this happen is not sure yet. So its not prohibitted.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
Suinoko told me, that Nietono will probably house us. If so, we just need his contact data. Sui Aqua is also able to speak in japanese with him!

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Can't wait to see how the people that advocate using the Japanese Ruleset react to Bridge of Eldin being included in the counterpick list >_>

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
And now, I predict people will complain hard enough they'll force its removal...

DeLux

We should be doing it the Japanese way though Kyokoro!

They might be on to something. Maybe training on Bridge of Eldin helped them beat us at Apex so we should follow in their ungodly footsteps.

Do not question the Japanese Brawl methods. They are right and we are wrong.

DeLux

It's big and flat?
It does seem like the oddball out compared to their other stages though.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm pretty hyped to see what's going up in this tourney.

Last time, I've been to a tourney where distant planet was legal, and I wasn't sure why, lol.
I'd like to see the reasoning behind using BoE as a Counterpick, as it could be fun to watch on stream (if there is going to be one, of course).

Mysteek

Smash Cadet
I'll be in Tokyo from August 1 to August 13. Now I have to choose between SRT and ''Summer Comic Market'' (夏コミックマーケット) :(

On an unrelated note: How is the melee community in Japan? Is there a place I can reach people who play melee? I can't seem to find any information about it (lack of Japanese knowledge is probably a big contributing factor) and the last thread about it was in 2010.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
@Stingers I know this isn't it, but it may be related in some way unbeknownst to us right now:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XIW8nhYUY8
and
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0iFnvJW9cE

I mean it's essentially his laser being shot, no actual sight of the laser, BUT the hitbox does remain (not sure if it will linger infinitely as in both scenarios the opposing player took the hit almost immediately). But if it could stay out forever it would be a pretty cool walling technique.

I guess it should be noted that is seems to only happen on pivots, in the first with was a quick turnaround laser and the second was a landing into turn around laser.

OkamiBW

Smash Champion
I'll be in Tokyo from August 1 to August 13. Now I have to choose between SRT and ''Summer Comic Market'' (夏コミックマーケット) :(

On an unrelated note: How is the melee community in Japan? Is there a place I can reach people who play melee? I can't seem to find any information about it (lack of Japanese knowledge is probably a big contributing factor) and the last thread about it was in 2010.
There's a website, but you need a keitai (Japanese cell phone) to register. I think it's all in Japanese too. I'll be registering as soon as I get one. Toph was the one who told me about it, so you could try talking to him. Or me once I get stuff figured out.

Ayuha

Smash Rookie
>>Mysteek
We are not holding a Melee tournament in SRT, as you see in the front page. We have less rate of Melee players than that of Brawl, and we have little connection with them. But I'll try to ask Melee players to come for free matches (if you are coming to SRT for the main event).
The website OkamiBW referred to is "Sma-Com"(スマコム). You need a Japanese cell phone to enter.

Are you still hesitating about Comic Market? If you are not entering doubles tournament, you can go to Comic Market on 10th, and enter SRT on 11th & 12th. While you don't have a particular doujinshi to buy, you don't have to visit Comic Market every day.
In Comic Market, they will have

All kinds of animes & games on 10th
Toho project (東方) & Jump creations on 11th
Originals & "for adults" on 12th

and Cosplays every day.

Top Bottom