• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Sabrar

Smash Ace
how do you view Jack so far? I know last time there was a lot of discussion of who was scum more you or jack, although you both had good town metas to me so I’m wondering how you feel about that here.
That happened late D2, this is early D1 so I don't think the two are comparable.
I have a town-lean on Jack currently based on a quick re-read because his start this game is completely different from Oasis. There he came in with opinions, questions, seemingly moving the game forward. Here I don't think he has any significant content in his first dozen or so posts. That would actually give me scum-vibes but I find it unlikely that he would change his playstyle so quickly and if he truly hates RVS (#78) then it makes sense.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
I've played one game of forum-maf on the Mafia Colosseum site previously, which has been linked. That is the only game of forum mafia I can recall participating in before this one.
Congratulations! I dub you newbie Town.

That happened late D2, this is early D1 so I don't think the two are comparable.
I have a town-lean on Jack currently based on a quick re-read because his start this game is completely different from Oasis. There he came in with opinions, questions, seemingly moving the game forward. Here I don't think he has any significant content in his first dozen or so posts. That would actually give me scum-vibes but I find it unlikely that he would change his playstyle so quickly and if he truly hates RVS (#78) then it makes sense.
FWIW, Jack said in scumchat that him trying hard is actually a scum tell.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I've played one game of forum-maf on the Mafia Colosseum site previously, which has been linked. That is the only game of forum mafia I can recall participating in before this one.
Wait I thought you played Mafia in MTGS maybe I'm thinking of someone else.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ninja's shadow seems like an experienced player if they use the term '>rand town' for triss. Although if that is the case I feel they can be using the role better. Ninja, can we get a reads list from this shadow of yours? Why are they fine with you sitting on Pythag right now?

Jackrito

Smash Ace

FWIW, Jack said in scumchat that him trying hard is actually a scum tell.

I generally try more as scum true off old meta. It depends more on my mood now how I play then alignment. atm I'm burned out from Oasis and some other games so playing a bit more chill and less emotional.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Xivii Xivii , bessie bessie and... Pythag Pythag what do you think of Trisscar?[/QUOTE]

My issue is that he sees the benefit of claiming, yet doesn't seem sold on getting the town on board with this idea.

If I thought I had a winning strat I think I'd be pushing it a little harder, instead he has only enacted this strategy for himself, with the safest possible claim.

He also doesn't seem to considering that I might be scum.

Xivii and Bessie take issues with me (and 3DS+Shadow the Hedgehog), why is he not considering their perspective?

Ehhhhh... hm
I think people are assuming we have four to five maf this game, which if it follows what appears to be the usual formula is probably the case. If the game does not follow that usual formula then things are going to be interesting.
this is some distancing language. He's not saying how many mafia he thinks there are, he's outsourcing it to the town, or standard formula.

If someone claims something and then does not perform the duties of that thing, that is an easy catch out.
if someone claims something important, and someone else claims a protective or transporter-esque role and that important person dies, then that is suspicious.
Some roles may not want to claim due to their function not working well if they are outed, this is valid but does spread confusion.
Irregardless of how easy it is to match claims, a running tally of things people have said that are specific or overly susp should be kept and shared to all, so that no tampering of it is unlikely to be noticed and so that Town is on the same page, and mafia has less fog to wander in so to speak.
He essentially is giving reasons why it's only a good idea to claim VT.
Or perhaps he's thinking about his strategy NOW, instead of when he initially went about it.

He also noticeably didn't respond to Ran :

Claiming narrows the pool for scum to use process of elimination on who may or may not be a power role. Mafia don't have that information unless their role specifies such information. Have you made similar claims in previous games, and if so, can you link the post? Jackrito Jackrito is this expected behavior of Trisscar?
And with the Boom v. Triss going on, Boom seems way more convinced than Triss. If Triss isn't convinced why is his vote on Boom? Does he still have the option out there that Boom is town? Then he should be trying to convince boom that it's TvT, right?

I'm just confused about the whole thing, but currently I would be alright with putting my vote on Triss.

I won't yet cause I haven't counted the votes, and I gotta run to work.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
I liked his one post to 3DS, but that's about it. I'm interested to see his thoughts with regard to Triss and Boom, I think he said he'd post them tomorrow, so I'm waiting till then I guess.

He's still pretty unknown

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Jackrito Jackrito No worries, I don't recall doing so but it's entirely possible that I've just forgotten.

I don't have a clue how many maf there are. Most Mafia-likes seem to do either four to five maf in player lists this size, or they do less maf and a turning mechanic. I'm not going to sit here and give a random number beyond that when the role list might as well be All-Any as far as any players beyond actual maf can tell. Who knows, maybe there are no maf and half the town is neutral killing roles instead! *shrug*

Disagree on only valid strat being claiming VT btw. I'm arguing that the least foggy strat for town is to claim openly unless they're a role that kills when people visit them or a role that needs to be quiet otherwise, for example. If someone claims and doesn't then do what they claim, you suddenly have much less room to wonder about than "could literally be anything" that the current idea of withholding all info appears to encourage.
'Course with no role list the strat proposed has much less weight behind it, hence why I am suggesting instead of campaigning.

Boom could just be an aggressive town. I just tend to react with sarcasm and mild teasing when someone attempts to be aggressive for no obvious reason, since while it's a valid strategy I still consider it to be mildly rude.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I find it a little weird that you immediately move to defend Bananas here.
I appreciate and recognize the weirdness, but as an infrequent poster myself, I had to sympathize.

I've had to half my age to get back to a mindset where I need to check SWF every day again.

osieorb18

Smash Ace
A few posts have tread towards publicly accusing a few other players of rule breaking. If you believe a rules violation is the case, please contact the host rather than accusing other players publicly. Thank you.

Last edited:

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Boom could just be an aggressive town. I just tend to react with sarcasm and mild teasing when someone attempts to be aggressive for no obvious reason, since while it's a valid strategy I still consider it to be mildly rude.
More or less rude then ignoring direct questions? I'd like to actually figure out your alignment. It would help me a lot of you actually answered my questions in a straightforward way.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Ah reads list thing. Don't have one as of yet, I tend to sit on things for a while before formulating an opinion on what team people are on, and I've been mildly distracted. Also don't know how most of yall normally act since I'm not going back through old games and I only just met most of ya, so not like I'm spotting any out of character behavior atm.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
and I'm not a fan of looking at the way people played in other games, just feels inconsistent and unreliable, as well as slightly cornering.
So do you have reads not based on out of character activity if you say you don't like it?

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Still susp of how Boomfrog and Handorin (still feel like I'm misspelling that) jumped on so quickly in such a serious fashion. Otherwise eh?

Yesssssss *maniacal laughter*

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Seriously does Trisscar have me on ignore or something? Trisscar Trisscar you're not even acknowledging that I'm calling you out for ignoring my previous questions but you are replying to Ran immediately?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alright here’s my reads so far. For the most I haven’t seen scum games from a lot. The players so my assessments mostly come from recent games or just this one so far:

Town:
Ran: While their post count is down a lot that’s not really a problem. Their content is still strong and pretty much exactly like what it was In oasis. So I’m pretty confident this is town ran again. I haven’t played with scum Ran and only heard a little bit of their play style when scum; but Ran seems pretty town again to me.

Xivii(zen because that’s easy to write): Played two games recently where Zen was town his meta is pretty consistent as such. His content so far also is like those two times. I believe I’ve played with scum Zen as well before but I need to double check that. Only those recent games are in my memory. But with his meta being the same here I’d say he is likely town.

Town Lean:
Logic: having been his scumate before I saw how he played a bit differently. Wanting to appeal town more and later on it was harder for them to adapt to town coming together. So I’ll have to see how they play down the line but I’m leaning town atm. That game had Zen playing a very strong game which put us in a bad situation so I can’t completely just his slot here but I think I have a good understanding of his meta.

Pythag: can’t say much about this slot which is the usual, but I’ve played a lot with pythag. His play here seems likely town and he isn’t acting any different from recent town games.

Null to town lean:
Bessie: I like their content and think it’s fine so far but want to see more. They seem to be creating content like previous games but I’m still very new with their meta.

Null:
Sabrar: Sabrar is acting a lot like let game where he was town. Answering questions, and posing some with about the same activity. He was compared a lot to jackrito last game due to their similar behavior. However with jack being scum that game and sabrar town but more active; I’d say this is more sabrar’s meta and he is possibly town. But I don’t have enough games to commit to one way or another yet; nor has his behavior pinged me.

3ds: I would put him as a town lean because he is still very new to the Game with power roles, and expressed Similar tells this game like last; but the shadow thing is really weird and still has no explanation. So when I hear more I’ll be able to better judge his slot.

Triss: haven’t played with them before but right now it’s either boom is right or wrong imo on his points against this slit. However I don’t particularly have a problem right now and think odds wise they are likely more town in this situation. Although the vanilla townie claim is not a great move imo. However I get the intent behind it.

DeadBannanas: I don’t really have anything to see yet here as they are new:

Mala: same as above.

Spak: I know them as a user from here and there but haven’t played with them I believe. Still I would like a lot more content from them because right now they feel to be slipping under the radar.

Hand: another new slot, but so far I don’t have any pings from them. I’m going to try and get a better understanding of their meta along with Mala and DB. It’s also a bit hard to grasp a hold on new players because their plays can mean anything. But it’s day one so

Laser: I played a game with them just recently where they were scum. Starting with an odd strategy that attracted a lot of attention. Right now I’m tough they seem more involved and I think that’s a more town tell the

Null to Scum lean:
Boom: his behavior is a lot different from the last game I played with him and his push felt really different because of his passive nature last game. I don’t know if he’s adjusting to a new game based on feedback last game, or if he’s scum trying to make what he sees as an easy lynch because it’s someone new. Right now I’m thinking it’s the later though.

Any questions, ask away but that’s my current thoughts on the game.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Z25 Z25 You need to factor in that I am well aware that I'm acting differently and it is intentional. Anyway...

This Trisscar push isn't generating anything new so it's time to move on. I am left with a scum-lean, I really don't like the post-hoc justification for everything and will consider coming back here at day end. However, it's pretty unlikely that I actually picked scum out of the blue D1. If Triss is town then the most suspicious slots on the wagon are Handorin Handorin and Malakandra Malakandra , they both jumped on with a very "me too" attitude. Mala has added their own points and has shown they are paying attention and care about the push. Handorin has not. All their posts since jumping on have been empty filler.

Vote: Handorin

I'd still like to hear Xivii Xivii and bessie bessie 's thoughts about Trisscar

bessie

Smash Journeyman
All right, where was I?
bessie bessie This was discussed in crossover but I don't remember the specifics for you or others, but only for sabrar because he was the one I pushed. Why did you format your question in that way?
Annoyed because it’s like you weren’t even reading my content. That was my only fourth post in the game so it’s not like I have a lot. In my first post I said I don’t do RVS. In my third post I say that I will only vote when I’m serious. I seldom vote until later in the Day. And I thought you should also have remembered that from playing with me previously.

People who have played with boom, does he usually tunnel people as scum, or go very aggressive by drawing attention to himself?
BoomFrog can be aggressive and draw attention to himself regardless of alignment.

I haven't played a lot with BoomFrog as scum. Most of my analysis on him in the previous game was more or less accurate--he's a flexible player who is hard to pin down, especially early in the game, and often veers into very scummy territory intentionally even as Town. I don't recall him being this aggressive off the top of my head. Maybe bessie bessie has something in her copious notes about our old games. Best guess is that he is trying to compensate for last game where he was given a hard time for being wishy-washy.
I think BoomFrog’s style is pretty consistent, I’ve tunneled him pretty hard when he turned out to be town. When I suspected him in Crossover I think it was on a technicality, some claim that I knew wasn’t true? My mind is drawing a total blank on Unlikely Superheroes; he got caught but I can’t remember why, maybe I’ll dig through some notes. Like you, I have a weirdly selective memory.

Xivii Xivii , bessie bessie and... Pythag Pythag what do you think of Trisscar?
I think he has some strong opinions on how to play forum mafia, for someone that has only claimed to have played only one game of forum mafia. Which is fine, there’s nothing wrong with that, and with developing methods and a style that work for you. But why dismiss other methods, like in Post #71? I mean, just because he doesn’t consider meta in his reads doesn’t mean it’s not a reliable method for some players. Also, with the claiming gambit as explained in post #121, it’s like he is confident in his interpretation of the result. See also post #131, brings up his past experience and how it should apply to the current game. [ I liked pythag’s question to Trisscar in Post #131, and I didn’t much care for Trisscar’s answer #135, again it was a lot more of “well this is how it works so....” without directly answering the question. ] Maybe the mechanics and dynamics of playing forum mafia aren’t the same as other types Trisscar has played before. I am suspicious of his confidence that he is right and what I feel is an unwillingness to consider other than what he has decided.

Ah reads list thing. Don't have one as of yet, I tend to sit on things for a while before formulating an opinion on what team people are on, and I've been mildly distracted. Also don't know how most of yall normally act since I'm not going back through old games and I only just met most of ya, so not like I'm spotting any out of character behavior atm.
Interesting... because we already know from post #71 that you are “not a fan of looking at the way people played in other games, just feels inconsistent and unreliable, as well as slightly cornering.” So what if you did spot some “out of character” behavior? What would it tell you?

Ninja’d while I was writing this up. Will pick up at #263 later.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
That is because I just asked everyone not voting to explain regardless if they were catching up or not instead of being specific. What is your opinion on Deadbananas?

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
Alright, me shadow is sayin that y'all should lay off Triss for now.
And here's the final description of le role
My role is called Town Imaginary Friend
and I got to choose a person not in the game to talk with,
and once per game, at any time, I can have said person be able to talk in the game, at the cost of losing him forever when the next night phase starts

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
and once per game, at any time, I can have said person be able to talk in the game, at the cost of losing him forever when the next night phase starts
Wild. Never heard of such a thing role.

Is there anything you have disagreed with your shadow on?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Who does your shadow think is scum? Who do you think is scum?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 You need to factor in that I am well aware that I'm acting differently and it is intentional. Anyway...

This Trisscar push isn't generating anything new so it's time to move on. I am left with a scum-lean, I really don't like the post-hoc justification for everything and will consider coming back here at day end. However, it's pretty unlikely that I actually picked scum out of the blue D1. If Triss is town then the most suspicious slots on the wagon are Handorin Handorin and Malakandra Malakandra , they both jumped on with a very "me too" attitude. Mala has added their own points and has shown they are paying attention and care about the push. Handorin has not. All their posts since jumping on have been empty filler.

Vote: Handorin

I'd still like to hear Xivii Xivii and bessie bessie 's thoughts about Trisscar
While I did say it was possibly intentional, scum could still do the same.

But why drop a wagon you cared about if it actually mattered to you?
This is a much better explanation thank you. This is a pretty unique role so it is likely not a fake claim.
What does your shadow thing of the game so far then?

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
OK ladies and gents, three of my four finals are over (and I just have to grade a final, a project, and some milestones before I'm done with TA work). I figure I can start catching up now. Apologies for hitting you with an incoming wall, but I'll collapse so that it's all nicely contained:
[COLLAPSE= The Spakus Report]
Anyway:

Trisscar Trisscar @Deadbananas andra I haven’t played with you before so hello.

But what’s your mafia experience like? Are you veterans? And how do you feel about the size of the game?

Also Spak Spak I’ve seen you around the boards before but this is also my first time playing with you, so the same questions above are what I want to ask you.

lastly 3DSNinja 3DSNinja how do you feel about the game after the last one?
My forum Mafia experience has been relegated exclusively to SmashBoards. I've been a part of DGames since like 2015 (although I think I've only played around one game a year since going to college due to being generally busy), and I've enjoyed it a vast majority of the time! This is on the larger side of the games that I've played, but I'd also played some pretty large games back before the dip in DGames' population back in 2017-ish. If you wanna get a better feel for town!Spak vs. scum!Spak, you have plenty of material to refer back to (although it may very well be outdated by this point).

tl;dr I'm comfortable with Mafia, but am super rusty. What's your level of experience with Mafia?
Hi LaserGuy, did you miss me?
I thought she just made up a cool nickname for giraffelasergun until I saw LaserGuy's response
Anyway I'm Town Vanilla. I'd be amused if that was the general power level of every player here, but it might be unlikely, hard to tell with current description.
I also agree that the early claim is a really bad move... If you're telling the truth about being VT, it's narrowing down who Mafia has to go after. If you aren't and you're trying to get people to not suspect you, it'll bite you if someone tries to do something like track you and you do anything. If you're scum, you just safeclaimed. I doubt it was to get the game rolling, since usually that's a PR claim (and 3DS has already piqued interest with the 'shadow' claim).

I'm confident that move was anti-town, but with that said, I'm not really sure if this is telling of alignment... This isn't a move I would think anybody would make regardless of alignment, so I'd say it's either carryover from irl Mafia (where people sometimes claim D1 to generate conversation, which equally likely town or scum) or just lack of experience (in the context of town!Trisscar).

So just out of curiosity (and since it seems to be a popular question today), what's your level of experience with Mafia?

Shadow is basically imaginary friend. Basically, I have outside help.
I ain't tellin who it is.
Will you tell us if you know who it is, or are they just a rando unidentifiable shadow?

Vote: Jackrito

Cares too much publicly about something out of game (mentor). That shouldn't be up to public debate, and is instead a host issue. Stated they don't want things to be crazy because of it, but practically only derails things by bringing attention to it multiple times.
Derails conversation from what? We're in RVS, and in the situation of town!3DS, I'd think the early claim would be to generate conversation. It seems like Jack's genuinely hunting out the viability of a mechanic being in the game (which could serve to give town info), and it seems odd that you would lay into just Jack on this issue and not xivii (since xivii also asked for mod confirmation). It's fine if this is just a pressure vote, but even then I find your choice of swap rather strange.
Jack
I'm pretty sure we're waiting on official confirmation about that whole thing right now, Xivii just asked osie.
Some dude who hasn't looked at SmashBoards since '01 is very confused right about now :p
I think LG's latest post looks pretty town.
Anything in particular stick out to you as townie, or is it just a town-ish vibe?
If I'm remembering the right person Trisscar is not a noob
Besides, maf has info town doesn't. Seems the best course of action is to remedy that as early and as much as possible, don't you think?
The existence of both of the above quotes is concerning to me... Mafia has more info, sure, but if you're claiming (which it seems like you're not backing off of your claim), this seems like it's just fishing for info. We don't even out how much we know vs. scum by giving out info, that just tells scum EXACTLY where to shoot. This line of logic doesn't seem to be coming from a Town mentality imo.
This is a pretty good point. Thinking more on it, it’s even weirder of a switch when boom was heavy defending someone who looked bad day one last game, here he is going all in on someone who looked sorta of bad.

Which if town boom was willing to defend 3ds ninja who he had no idea of their alignment, it’s a really weird change here to just go all in no questions asked on a lynch when he thought more on them last time.

It’s starting to give me scum vibes and now boom may be trying to get an easy lynch day one. He’s a pretty experienced player so it’s hard to see what his motives could be
I dunno, I believe that it could've been a pressure vote (not looking at it from a meta perspective at all obviously, since I've played with like two people here lol). It was still early enough in the phase that we were in the gray area transitioning out of RVS, and it seemed like a good place to bite and generate more conversation imo. Also, the fact that Boom was willing to back off after
I suppose I could vote Boomfrog or Handorin...hm

Eh sure

Vote: Boomfrog
Rationale please?
Ranmaru I have at a scum lean at the moment.
Jackrito's content looks okay and I have him as Town lean.
Z25 seems to be spending a lot of time in the weeds rather than gamesolving.

Unvote
Vote: Z25
> Has Ran at a scumlean
> Votes for Z25 instead for being absentminded

All joking aside, what was that vote supposed to state? Were you trying to suggest that Ran's scummier than Z25 but voted Z25 to get him back on-track, do you think Z25 is scummier than Ran and said that with your vote, were you mentioning Ran as a scumlean to paper trail yourself away from a scummate, or am I just completely off the mark?
This pulls me closer to nullish-scumlean than full-on scumlean on the slot. I'd believe the play from Triss as noobish, but I still don't like the explanation given for why they did the D1 claim.
Kinda suspicious of the instant write-off here... It should register a null if it's a noob play imo, not town. Nothing about an instant D1 claim screams town to me.

Also, noting that Banana came in long enough to get the heat off of him, then left. For all intents and purposes, he looks like he's coasting imo.
A few posts have tread towards publicly accusing a few other players of rule breaking. If you believe a rules violation is the case, please contact the host rather than accusing other players publicly. Thank you.
Aaaand the mod's post about the violation concerning editing posts has been edited :p

Also, Xivii Xivii you appear to have gotten lost in the shuffle; since you're one of the two or three other people in here I have some semblance of a chance of reading based on what I've seen from your older games, what're your opinions on the current state of affairs?
[/COLLAPSE]

Okay, well there goes an hour and a half lol. At this point, I'm suspicious of LaserGuy (I didn't comment on a lot of his stuff, but I found myself disagreeing with him on a lot of counts as I was reading through which was a bad sign) and Triss. Triss seems to be getting enough attention at the moment, though, so for the moment I'll:

Vote: LaserGuy

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Oh gosh, I forgot that collapses don't work anymore. Apologies to anyone with a weak scroll game lol.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
bessie bessie Odds are not a big amount, especially over a multiple IRL days game during a stressful period for the world at large. Even if the plague wasn't a thing I'd still be kinda opposed to judging people based on past games with little to no other contextual information of those times.

Spak Spak
-My sympathies, just got off my last final. Now I'm free to quietly worry about my grade instead, it's great! XD
-Lots of watching people play Town of Salem, Throne of Lies, and Mindnight; occasional participation in various mafia and werewolf games IRL.
-Voted Boomfrog because why not, they were pushing me for not a massive amount of reason, and doing so more... verbally?... than Handorin. Also apparently you need to vote or you are susp or something.
-No worries, scrolling is fun

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
I don't want to reveal my shadow just yet. I do have a plan to introduce them if suspcion turns on me or on Day 3... now I'm gonna get murdered lol.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
-My sympathies, just got off my last final. Now I'm free to quietly worry about my grade instead, it's great! XD
Ayyy, congrats! What was the final in? (Unless you don't wanna think about school any more than is necessary, which is fair lol.)
-Voted Boomfrog because why not, they were pushing me for not a massive amount of reason, and doing so more... verbally?... than Handorin. Also apparently you need to vote or you are susp or something.
So lemme get this straight, you voted for Boomfrog because they were pushing you the hardest, and you don't want to be seen as suspicious? Those seem like OMGUS and trying to blend in respectively (the combination of which seems to frame it so that you're voting to try and silence a slot, although the latter could be expected of a newer player imo).... Was there any other reason you voted (reasons why you found Boom scummy), or was that just about it?

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Politics, had three essays, played the first two straight then spent the first half of the third one Bill Wurtz'ing "EXPLAIN CLIMATE CHANGE". Twas fun. XD

I voted Boomfrog because it didn't seem like it would matter, since I wasn't voting with the crowd regardless and they're nearly the only one who's done anything I consider overtly suspicious. Not sure how silencing a slot works? Also if town lynches a town that puts them behind a bit as far as I can tell, so not like I want them to do that either.

bessie

Smash Journeyman
I … am tired. Sorry LaserGuy this got left off my earlier post because it got lost when I was arranging the quotes. Maybe I should adapt my style and break up my posts a little, like you suggested in the sign up thread. I also think I may be in danger of not meeting the minimum…

Are you thinking of the multi-lynch game where Ran was the SK? Ranmaru did post his "game-winning reads" that seemed pretty decent, but I'm pretty sure Xivii promptly (and correctly) busted him anyway.
You’re thinking of Stellaris from two years ago. I’m referring to Fridge Mafia II, the last game on the site. You didn’t play that one. BoomFrog was the mod, Ranmaru and I were the scum team. The game ended while I was at work, the site went down, and I never got to read the end or the Gojoe posts. :crying:

What is your opinion on Deadbananas?
Hold on while I search for his content (I really hate not being able to sort by author). Here’s every word he’s written (not quoted):
Post #29 Can confirm I do not know Trisscar, just Mal
Post #30 I've played a bit, I think this is my 5th game. Game size is what I'm used to from my other games.
Post #33 Kinda yah, they were consulting with the other hosts since they were new to it. I'd say probably 4.
Post #35 Its really not that hard just to pick one lmao
Post #61 Why did you give your thoughts on Sabrar and where did they come from?
Post #123 Personally I am worried there could be a claim vig of some sort though not positive. If there was im guessing itd be limited use.
Post #225 3ds answered my question kinda. Though you are right that I haven't been particularly active or helpful so far. I've had a few thing come up but I should be free tomorrow to post more. I can say now I have read through most of the thread so far. Whats caught my attention the most is the situation with boom, Mal, and Triss. People who have played with boom, does he usually tunnel people as scum, or go very aggressive by drawing attention to himself?
Post #229 Z, is boom usually an aggressive player as scum? You sound like you played with him before it why I'm asking.
Post #231 What posts does your shadow mention for this and what's your shadows reasoning. Your own opinion would also be nice.
All of Deadbananas content so far has been fluff and questioning others. The only player observation he’s shared is that the situation with Boom, Mal, and Triss caught his attention, but he does not give a hint as to how or why. And he’s asked about BoomFrog’s scum meta twice (Why only his scum meta, and not about his meta in general? These questions are very pointed.). My opinion is that he needs to provide some content and not just questions.

Ok… let’s say you are being truthful about your role, and you are town. So you have a person mentoring you, I assume with some experience playing mafia. I don’t like that all your content is their content, you have used this as an excuse not to have any reads or opinions of your own. And even if you have a SuperDGamesHBCVetran mentoring you, they’re just reading the same content as the rest of us and their reads can be right or wrong.

My forum Mafia experience has been relegated exclusively to SmashBoards.
Awww. Spak, you don’t remember me. And that means you didn’t miss me.

It’s bessie from xkcd.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Politics, had three essays, played the first two straight then spent the first half of the third one Bill Wurtz'ing "EXPLAIN CLIMATE CHANGE". Twas fun. XD
Nice! Didn't realize that politics was a class, but I guess there's gotta be some way to train the next generation of politicians! I hope you enjoyed the class, though!
I voted Boomfrog because it didn't seem like it would matter, since I wasn't voting with the crowd regardless and they're nearly the only one who's done anything I consider overtly suspicious. Not sure how silencing a slot works? Also if town lynches a town that puts them behind a bit as far as I can tell, so not like I want them to do that either.
Gotcha. So is there anybody that seems scummy to you at all (out of the players you've interacted with)? And I mostly meant it seemed like a kneejerk tactic to get him off your back, which isn't really a good look imo. And yes, if town gets lynched it's bad for town in all cases, but saying you're a VT puts PRs in a tough position (if you are indeed a VT).
Awww. Spak, you don’t remember me. And that means you didn’t miss me.

It’s bessie from xkcd.
Oh shoot, I forgot about the crossover game from forever ago! I remember you now! Jeez, that must've been like 2 or 3 years ago lol.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
(I really hate not being able to sort by author)
Also, if you go to Search -> Advanced Search and go to the search threads, you can search by username. It's not quite the same and our search results have always been kinda jank, but it's what we have to work with lol.

Top Bottom