• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
If you have a process of elimination, you won't be able to come to the last few people in the pile to be town. That's the issue here. I've had this feeling you were scum since the beginning of the game, Zen. I have the progression and conviction to show for it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Pythag, what do you think of Xivii's Handorin vote?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
If you have a process of elimination, you won't be able to come to the last few people in the pile to be town. That's the issue here. I've had this feeling you were scum since the beginning of the game, Zen. I have the progression and conviction to show for it.
I town read players for no reason. Thus leading to my PoE statement.
I town read bessie for no reason.

Explain how town reading players in scenario 1 is different form scenario 2. My scum reads in the first scenario have nothing do with it. I only scum read them because I thought everyone else was town.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Why do you suspect Lore in particular?
Process of elimination. I'm town reading or town leaning on everyone else.
That was your answer to why you were suspecting Lore. In that scenario, it makes sense that you'd suspect them when you are town reading others. In this case, this is me asking why you are town reading a person that should be null. You can't use process of elimination for a town read because that would require you to scum read almost everyone in that case which is impossible.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well I’ll try to post some full thoughts on this exchange tomorrow but the one thing that sticks out here is Pythag.

He’s continued to build upon good posts before now and weighed both sides pretty easily rather then picking one. He stands out more which scum Pythag would not do just look at flavorless mafia.

He’s getting a full town read from me right now

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Now, if you explained that you were soul reading in that game, I'll drop my Bessie point. If you can show me that.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
That was your answer to why you were suspecting Lore. In that scenario, it makes sense that you'd suspect them when you are town reading others. In this case, this is me asking why you are town reading a person that should be null. You can't use process of elimination for a town read because that would require you to scum read almost everyone in that case which is impossible.
I'm asking you about the town read on the others there. What was my reasoning for town reading them at this point? Can you show the quotes of my reasoning for town reading them.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
At a quick glance ran and zen probably T V T but will look at it more when I can.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Pythag, what do you think of Xivii's Handorin vote?
I think it means he's ok with Hando dying, and seeing his reads list confirms this.

My guess is that he saw Hando trying to bring steam off of the Triss wagon.
Both of those players being in Xivii's lynch pool pinged him.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Your read on Xivii is weak. I highly suggest you reconsider your read on him, because meta shouldn't be the basis of your read on him.
Sorry, the only person in your bottom three who I would consider lynching at this point is z25. I have no interest in Xivii or 3DS. I'm not really able to follow the details of the meta argument between you, but my working theory on Xivii places him very solidly in the Town camp at the moment.

There's also the problem that I actually think there's a reasonably good chance you are mafia (#327, #370), so I'm not super inclined to wagon with you at the moment.

Wait that wasn't Stellaris was it? The game where Ran was a SK?
Yes it was.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Let me ask you another question Pythag. Why does my play ping you but you give Zen the benefit of the doubt here?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also Ran, I gave you some examples of how I see the scum game different.

Does that change your thinking at all or do you think I'm totally off base?

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
Let me ask you another question Pythag. Why does my play ping you but you give Zen the benefit of the doubt here?
Because Xivii's play is consistent with something I recognize, and your play had not.
Your reads list and confidence are VERY Town Ran. I haven't played with scum Ran, so my antenna is up.
I still air on the this being TvT as LG just said though. I'm just trying to discern if you're arguing in good faith or not.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
but my working theory on Xivii places him very solidly in the Town camp at the moment.
What working theory? Do you disagree with me that your read on Xivii is weak? I also never implied that this setup is *******. I implied that it may be possible the setup can be high powered. You also are ignoring Ninja's individual play.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
In that game I pushed a null read at EOD. I then got lynched as mafia. I was certainly a shell of my town self.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
She's a friend. You played with her once here I believe, under the account 'Ro Laren'. Game was Basic Mafia I think. Also pretty sure you've been in a game together elsewhere.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Like this game. You're not even addressing my point about my early town reading.
I can't find reasoning for it, I was looking for it since you asked, while also posting here.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Also Ran, I gave you some examples of how I see the scum game different.

Does that change your thinking at all or do you think I'm totally off base?
I think you're off base, but it's more due to my experience seeing more scum games and town games of Zen and playing as his mafia buddy in a game. Walmart Mafia is actually one where I was way off base on him yet, he had the same sort of pace as this game, but he had conviction as town against me. Here he has none. Now he's omgusing.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You even used the same reasoning for scum reading me there:
I don’t see a real direction with her, she is being a bit passive. I find her looking at my slot when asked about it concerning. I can understand that she may be confused how to play here, but I want to see her reads and a vote. Null, need more from her.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You mentioned Ro Laren as a different person in another game. Unless you've come out as Ro Laren in another game, I don't believe it.

Top Bottom