• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

fontisian

Smash Champion
What if he is not scum though? They is way too many people thinking things are set in stone when not much is yet.

Oh yes I'm distracting so much from current conversations this game, we are discussing so much I'm the main topic while the rest of you wait for the lynch. So me talking is part of the conversation not distracting from it.
The worst thing we can do if Hando is town is mislynch someone else Today, have me die Tonight and then lynch him Tomorrow.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
I'm not surprised you feel that way, given that you listed half the names in the game as wolves in response to Wiisp's thing, but we do agree on my top four of fonti/xiv/triss/dead, who are the only people I'm really making any further reads based off of.
May I ask why that is entirely different to the reads Wiisp has from you in the chart?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Pythag Pythag
why did you react that way to my post?
do you think a non-town aligned player shoots DB here?

also I like cuth's posts

Wiisp

Smash Lord
how much time left do we have?
I guess the best I can do, is leave my reads for you all, before the day ends

osieorb18

Smash Ace
Votecount 2.3

The jovial fat King Rinkitink of Gilgad arrives in Pingaree on royal holiday, and remains as Kitticut's guest for several weeks. Rinkitink usually rides Bilbil, a surly talking goat. One day invaders from Regos and Coregos arrive again, and seize King Kitticut before he can reach his magic pearls. All the people are carried into slavery, except Inga and Rinkitink who escape along with Bilbil. Inga resolves to free his people with the aid of the magic pearls. Keeping the pearls secret from Rinkitink, he hides them in his shoes, and the three sail to Regos.
Jackrito (3) - BoomFrog, Cuthalion, fontisian
Xivii (1) - LogicoftheVI
LogicoftheVI (1) - Malakandra
BoomFrog (1) - Jackrito
Handorin (2) - Deadbananas, Handorin

Not Voting: Bessie, Sabrar, Spak, Trisscar, Xivii, Pythag

Day 2 Lynch Deadline will be Friday, May 29th at 10:15 PM PST.

Relevantly in the clear for D1.C3 (2 posts in #645-EoD) and D1.C4 (14 posts in D1):

Pythag - 11+3+
Spak^ - 3+4+
Trisscar - 11+3+
Bessie - 8^^+6+
Xivii - 11+3+
Sabrar - 11+3+
Jackrito - 11+3+
Handorin - 11+3+
BoomFrog - 11+3+
DeadBananas - 11+3+
Malakandra - 11+3+

LogicoftheVI - Prodded for D1.C3.

^ - Spak is expected to make 7 posts.
^^ - Bessie was prodded on D1.C2.

In the clear for D2.C1 and D2.C2:

fontisian - 11+(2)
deadbananas - 11+(2)
Sabrar - 11+(2)
Jackrito - 11+(2)
BoomFrog - 11+(2)
Trisscar - 11+(2)
Xivii - 11+(2)
Spak - 11+(2)
bessie - 7+4+
LogicoftheVI - 11+(2)
Malakandra - 6+5+
Wisp - A lot+(A lot)
Handorin - 9+2+

In the clear for D2.C1, needs 1 post for D2.C2:

Pythag - 11+(1)

Prodded for D2.C1, in the clear for D2.C2:

Cuthalion - 2+5+

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Not been voting till now cause I didn't want to have hammer suddenly happen and have Wiisp get booted before time was up.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
if isoing on this site wasn't kinda garbo
I could tell you sooner rather than later
but currently I am watching a movie

Jackrito

Smash Ace
ohh wtf
also I can't say that I am really against a jack lynch
You are so anti me lately, one bad exp and you just lost all ability to read me correctly. If you were not confirmed I would question it more but I can't lol.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Boom lynch not happening today at least.

I'm not voting Hando just yet, maybe I do as self pres depends if I can be bothered with these trash reads on me for another day or not.

So going to do this again, this is not how town Logic plays imo his plays when here are ok but not at the same level I expect. I also fine with a Spak and Pythag lynch. Not Sabrar I like his recent stuff. I also still have issues with Xivii

Vote Logic

Wiisp

Smash Lord
The problem with Logic, is that he only looks like town!logic when he has the time
but I still think he would have some kind of analysis by now, that would make me believe its town!logic
all I got is this tonal read atm

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Jackrito Jackrito
im sorry :/
its just so hard

I can try to find something in your iso?
If you can give me a solid reason to scumread me I will be less bitter about it, but at the moment all these scum reads on me fit in my town meta pretty hard. Being judged for flips that have not happened is vexing.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
If you can give me a solid reason to scumread me I will be less bitter about it, but at the moment all these scum reads on me fit in my town meta pretty hard. Being judged for flips that have not happened is vexing.
Ohh I know that feeling

Jackrito

Smash Ace
The problem with Logic, is that he only looks like town!logic when he has the time
but I still think he would have some kind of analysis by now, that would make me believe its town!logic
Have you ever seen Logic do that readlist style before as well. Its just not him imo , I understand the tone is town Logic which is why I keep flipping on it but he is lacking the scum hunting and analysis I expect. Its normally easy to tell if he is town when I push him. I also hate how I'm using an activity read on him because it is wrong, but it is a issue that comes more in his scum game.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
when did Jack become the top train? and why?
I thought I had read nearly everything but im not sure when this actually became a thing.
Maybe I missed a page?
Role with that tonal read.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Have you ever seen Logic do that readlist style before as well. Its just not him imo , I understand the tone is town Logic which is why I keep flipping on it but he is lacking the scum hunting and analysis I expect. Its normally easy to tell if he is town when I push him. I also hate how I'm using an activity read on him because it is wrong, but it is a issue that comes more in his scum game.
The others here do not have the meta you do so if you cannot find a reason in my posts that I'm scum then I'm just not mafia.
Logic I need to discuss with you where you are at in this game readwise and not that readlist because it is outdated. You are barely doing anything this game it is not how you play town.
Anyone in particular you would like me to discuss?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
The others here do not have the meta you do so if you cannot find a reason in my posts that I'm scum then I'm just not mafia.

Anyone in particular you would like me to discuss?
I just want your views on everyone, I will throw you a bone and say Boom Pythag, Malak , Sabar and culthu for now.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I dont get why you guys hold PR claims so highly
Because the less Mafia knows until lategame, the less PRs they will likely kill.
I hate these reactions
I feel like that's mostly attributed to different forum metas tbh. I had the same gut reaction as Zen when I saw the claim on Boom.
well the fact he has a novel on Ranmaru, but only one line on Xivii who most of Ran's interactions were with, The town lean on Mala is weak as hell and he gave no reasons. The one on me feels like he was trying to convience himself I'm scum. also his read on Pythag just feels weak as well.

I just don't think this feels very Logic like I would expect a bit more if he went to that much effort on some people, the one on Xivii is espically weird to me.
+1. I noticed that around here after he asked what I liked and didn't about his read list, but he didn't talk back to me at all (dunno if he didn't see a need to or if it just got lost in the shuffle). I'm mixed between liking some reads and disliking some others lol.
still think Malak is town
Based upon?
we are killing Boomfrog unless he claims
else we probably just kill Hand
Why? I know you're town aligned, but the fact that you're asking this is just giving scum more info. We shouldn't be asking for claims until later days imo, and I haven't seen Boom do anything to warrant his death. Saying that Boom's not a VT REALLY doesn't mean he's a baddie, and I feel like it'd be giving scum way too much info if he were to claim right now. A town!PR ML is the last thing we need.
Trisscar (1) - Spak
Deadbananas (1) - Sabrar
Handorin (6) - Z25, Xivii, Pythag, Jackrito, Bessie, BoomFrog
Z25 (6) - LaserGuy, Ranmaru, 3DSNinja, Malakandra, Deadbananas, Handorin
Bessie (1) - Trisscar

hmm its kinda hard to believe this is correct, cause z25 should have been dead then
but Z25's looks purer to me

seeing Hand's alignment would definitely make thinks clearer for me
Noice, I got purple :p

Wiisp

Smash Lord
Cuthalion Cuthalion
off a quick iso dive, Spak seems to be a the kind of player that reads a lot, and then states his opinion
but he barely does that, a lot of the time he is just agreeing with others, or bouncing his thoughts off others

specifically
Okay, just off the top of my head (I'm having to do some re-thinking on the spot due to Laser flipping town on me):
- Triss: My reasoning for Triss hasn't changed since yesterDay (and I didn't much from Triss after I left, aside from joining Z's wagon). The fact that they have had forum Mafia experience makes me even more skeptical of the D1 VT claim (although I can't see how much they've played), but the fact that they've seen how other players handle themselves in the context of Mafia makes me think they should have a better understanding of the tactical differentiation between the styles of Mafia.
- Deadbananas: I supported DB a lot last phase because I saw a lot of people pushing him with little to no reason, but I don't know if I believe his claim. I don't think that Mafia would have shot him, and there were better people to vig last night imo (since he didn't really have much of a paper trail at all, and saving a vig for later wouldn't lose us a phase). The only problem I see with DB is I don't see an experienced mod like Osie balancing the game such that (presumably) half or a little less than half of the scumteam are newer players.
- Ran's slot (Culthon): Ran's play at the end of last phase was uber sketch. He was flip-flopping his vote all over the place, which is irregular for me (since the Ran I remember from years back tends to make well-informed opinions of slots and stick to them to the bitter end (I used that against him in Masquerade)). His actions don't feel town!Ran to me, and it may be that his play has changed, but it felt a lot more... Panicked than I recall him being in the past.
I think this read list is bad, his reads are weak
and arguing dead bananas is bad mechanically is the easiest way for wolves to hide, since finding real reason to call someone a wolf when you know they are town is hard

he is still hung up on Triss

and his read of Ran is just a rehash of what has been said over a hundred times now
and he uses a meta read in there, which is again easier to justify then naturally reading someone if you are a wolf

Wiisp

Smash Lord
in regards to Hand, I think any town player should be able to find reasons to post
he has given reads in the past, with reason, but now he has just fallen off, including a lot of excuses for not posting
I stand by Fonti's early thoughts in regards to a post, that just feels like a wolf giving up
He know's he is dying sooner than later, and his partners probably know that to

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
I mean I guess, but the lack of interaction with other people seems kinda sketch to me. Their posts seem quality, but it's easy to generate content in retrospect. I feel like I don't have enough from Bessie to give them a lean in much of either direction. Also, I feel like Malak hasn't contributed enough to give a solid lean in either direction either; you seem to be giving both of their slots a pass on a whim without much explanation.
The comment you quoted was in regard to one post from bessie not their whole play.
With bessie I like how they are posting and the co te t they are posting. The lack of interactions with other is honestly something I hadn't thought of, so i will agree there it is a bit concerning. I did however find myself liking how they used the time they have had to post but I need to look at them more in depth.

These reads seem very underdeveloped for them being so instrumental in this game's interactions thus far (for Triss, the whole claim situation is a whole lot more nuanced than "seems genuine;" and what about the game state surrounding the train makes them seem town? The fact that people jumped off for a ML? And Zen's interactions with Ran during the middle and end of last phase are really telling of both slots (although I thought it was TvT at the time, I don't think so anymore).)
I didn't suspect triss for their claim but what they have done since is meh. I also didnt get the vibe they were a PR bluffing to bait a kill as jack did, especially given their play since the claim. I honestly am not sure what to make of that slot?

These reads all feel very fleshed out and reasonable. I can see your thought process clearly, and can see why you're coming at the slot how you are. Without more realtime interaction with other slots, reads like these are is the only way I can gauge how genuine your thought process is.
So I was somewhat isoing and reading from where the iso took me. These are more fleshed out because as stated I wasnt able to get to everyone but I was able to get a good bit on a fee different people.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Ok I just reread Logic and now I know what has being bothering me so much he has only done 2 votes this entire game and backed off both. Town Logic is really stubborn with his voting. The votes this game lack real conviction the one on Xivii is just weird and his scum hunting or lack of is a big hint towards this. He thinks I'm scum but has never pushed me back even when I push him if town he would have a more angry reaction. I also never see town Logic make up this many excuses for not being active he is more proactive with his time and would be finding scum.

I'm not changing my vote.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
no idea, idk why I should look at a read list and think its wolfy because you or anyone hasn't seen town!logic make one like that

Jackrito

Smash Ace
no idea, idk why I should look at a read list and think its wolfy because you or anyone hasn't seen town!logic make one like that
Its more I don't think he spends his time well, he would push people more then that his main views on people are off that readlist this is the issue. Tell me who he scumreads now and why. I just made a mini case on my thoughts after isoing him.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
The comment you quoted was in regard to one post from bessie not their whole play.
With bessie I like how they are posting and the co te t they are posting. The lack of interactions with other is honestly something I hadn't thought of, so i will agree there it is a bit concerning. I did however find myself liking how they used the time they have had to post but I need to look at them more in depth.

I didn't suspect triss for their claim but what they have done since is meh. I also didnt get the vibe they were a PR bluffing to bait a kill as jack did, especially given their play since the claim. I honestly am not sure what to make of that slot?

So I was somewhat isoing and reading from where the iso took me. These are more fleshed out because as stated I wasnt able to get to everyone but I was able to get a good bit on a fee different people.
You are really telling me you were isoing and seeing where it took you on this site, which both me and Wisp have complained about the Iso system. It is surely easier to just read thread which I assumed you were doing based off your other posts.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I don't agree with this, what makes you think a newbie can't play a fantastic game? In the game I’m thinking of, mafia lost but they did very well (game went to a 3-way gunfight), and everyone congratulated them. Don’t underestimate newbie player that has not yet “learned” to play the “right” way.
Right, but I've also been in a noob game that they should've rerolled:
https://smashboards.com/threads/salt-mini-mafia-game-over-victors-town.407942/
Not saying it can't be fun, but experience tends to be really useful in mafia. I'd prefer a game be close than a blowout, and would do everything in my power to ensure that (wh).
You were town jailer, lynched D2.
Thanks!
May I suggest applying the KISS principle
100%

Top Bottom