• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Jackrito

Smash Ace
He was pushing Logic while Logic was around, but Logic isn't gonna happen toDay so he's shifted to another viable candidate. I think it's less a preemptive vote and more putting down a vote that might actually count imo.
No offence, but I do not need or want you defending me when I think you are still possible scum here.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
That read is terrible by spak, as much as his reasoning for shooting DB

Maybe spak is just bad town here

Sabrar

Smash Ace
I made a case on Logic today and gave the difference in meta. What more do you want from me, I'm also pretty sure my current vote is also still on him. How are you saying I'm not pushing him here.
It is obvious that we do not lynch Logic today however there was nothing to prevent you from at least trying to get the Vig vote on him. It's the same principle as with the normal vote, you vote your number 1 suspect first. The question is why is your Vig vote different from your normal vote. You can reason that 'nobody will vig that', in which case this will be apparent soon enough and you can change your vote then and there if it is even necessary. Voting for Malak there seems preemptive to me.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
No offence, but I do not need or want you defending me when I think you are still possible scum here.
I wasn't trying to defend you, I was just saying I thought Sabrar didn't fairly represent your position. It was as much trying to interact with a slot I have practically nothing on as it was trying to correct an error.
Maybe spak is just bad
Fair enough, it has been a few years since I've played consistently.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I'm going to make a new lean list based on everything here, do not end the day early plz and thanks

But that won't happen till after work

Wiisp

Smash Lord
U left out the "town" which makes me look like an ass lol

I like to think "bad town" is a sufficient reason to think someone can be town, while the other just feels like I am attacking your intelligence, which I'm not trying to do

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Well yeah, anyone should vote to self-preserve bar a no lynch or abounding mechanics info. It's literally against one's winstate to die bar jester (since you'd be letting a confirmed town/scum die from their PoV).
There's lots of examples but I think this shows it the best. I'm trying to not be mean, but Spak's perspective on the game is very basic.

And since I know Spack will follow up and ask, sometimes a townie knows they will be misslynched sooner or later and it's better to get it done sooner since misslynches are expected and acceptable early game, instead of later when misslynches can be a loss.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
If a vig shot DB then they know DB is probably town here, so shooting him again is stupid

That's my thoughts on that

Wiisp

Smash Lord
U know you are town, advocating a Lynch on yourself because you think you will be a potential mislynch later is just bad

Keep playing the game regardless

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Spak Spak Wiisp made a nice summery of the EoD movements that you can checkout to inform your decision even though you are on mobile.
While that's all well and good, I'd also really like to read through in context. If I were forced to pick right now I'd do Malak on scum!Hando, Jack on town!Hando.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
While that's all well and good, I'd also really like to read through in context. If I were forced to pick right now I'd do Malak on scum!Hando, Jack on town!Hando.
Does town hando mean you improve your read of Malak or decrease your read of Jack?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
It is obvious that we do not lynch Logic today however there was nothing to prevent you from at least trying to get the Vig vote on him. It's the same principle as with the normal vote, you vote your number 1 suspect first. The question is why is your Vig vote different from your normal vote. You can reason that 'nobody will vig that', in which case this will be apparent soon enough and you can change your vote then and there if it is even necessary. Voting for Malak there seems preemptive to me.
Why do I ask vig to shoot someone that I know they won't. Another reason is I know that I can work Logic out even though feel I have already, his read list tomorrow will be telling for me. Malak on the other hand is just scummy in general and should die. I have had issues with him most of the game.

I use a vig shot differently to a vote in general anyway. Like for example how I would of shot Hand last night is he my strongest scum read no, do I think we need the info yes.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I made a case on Logic today and gave the difference in meta. What more do you want from me, I'm also pretty sure my current vote is also still on him. How are you saying I'm not pushing him here.
/What do you want from me?/

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Hando/Boom/Spak/Jackrito team, confirmed.

This is a joke.

Or is it?
Do you dissagree? Scum spak would be self contious about defending a mate. Scum Jackrito wouldn't chew out a scummate publicly. Or is the theory that I'm coaching them? Do you agree that if I'm not scum then they are not mates?

fontisian

Smash Champion
****, right, you guys won't know what that means.

"What do you want from me" is the mafia phrase. It's the feeling that wells up in scum when they're trying their damn best and they just want this townie off their back.

Let go of the Jack.
Kill him, if you have to.

Also, Sabrar's town.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Btw, 100% Bessie did not know the vtotals when she voted and didn't know it would tie. She moved based on a very hurried thread check and likely only read my summery post of the situation which at the time said z, hand and DB were all viable.

Spak Spak LogicoftheVI LogicoftheVI why did you have useless votes at EoD D1?
I had no vote EoD1.
Didn't feel very confident on anyone.
Also I wasn't around at EoD to vote.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
ScumHando
Mala (2) - Boom, Jackrito
Pythag (1) - Xivii
Jackrito (1) - Wiisp

TownHando
Pythag (1) - Xivi
Jackrito (1) - Wiisp
ScumHando
Pythag (1) - Xivii
Jackrito (4) - Wiisp, Cuthalion, Sabrar, fontisian

TownHando
Mala (3) - Boom, Jackrito, Cuthalion
Pythag (1) - Xivi
Jackrito (3) - Wiisp, Sabrar, fontisian

Jackrito

Smash Ace
****, right, you guys won't know what that means.

"What do you want from me" is the mafia phrase. It's the feeling that wells up in scum when they're trying their damn best and they just want this townie off their back.

Let go of the Jack.
Kill him, if you have to.

Also, Sabrar's town.
No its the phase I use when someone is saying I'm not doing something I clearly was. Don't try and use your textbook nonsense on me because I'm far from textbook.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Do you dissagree? Scum spak would be self contious about defending a mate. Scum Jackrito wouldn't chew out a scummate publicly. Or is the theory that I'm coaching them? Do you agree that if I'm not scum then they are not mates?
I strongly disagree. Spak's defense was not particularly strong, and Jack's response reads like easy distancing. I don't like you /because/ you tried to say they weren't scum together, not the other way around.
Well yeah, anyone should vote to self-preserve bar a no lynch or abounding mechanics info. It's literally against one's winstate to die bar jester (since you'd be letting a confirmed town/scum die from their PoV).

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I had no vote EoD1.
Are you aware of the principle that any vote from town, even random, is better then not voting because it dilutes the power of mafia to sway the lynch?

Did you expect to not be around at EoD? Will you be around at EoD today?

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I had no vote EoD1.
Good lord no one expects you to have 100 % confidence in your vote. I understand this to a degree since I used to hate throwing votes around a lot, they needs to be a middle ground though. You are not near that middle ground at all

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I strongly disagree. Spak's defense was not particularly strong, and Jack's response reads like easy distancing. I don't like you /because/ you tried to say they weren't scum together, not the other way around.
Well, I'll save up an "I told you so" for the end of the game. Jackrito's response felt emotional and I find scum tend to be less emotional when faking an interaction. For the record your quote was wrong, this is the spak defense of Jack:
He was pushing Logic while Logic was around, but Logic isn't gonna happen toDay so he's shifted to another viable candidate. I think it's less a preemptive vote and more putting down a vote that might actually count imo.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Well, I'll save up an "I told you so" for the end of the game. Jackrito's response felt emotional and I find scum tend to be less emotional when faking an interaction. For the record your quote was wrong, this is the spak defense of Jack:
That quote was a response to a question about Spak's originial defense of Jack, which is what I quoted. He was obligated to post about it, because he was asked.

Cuthalion

Smash Cadet
I'm with fonti. Wolves in malak/hand/jack/+1 feels right, jack w flip probably straight up clears logic, I really like boom's posts today, sabrar's probably v.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
Have you used that phrase in town games?
Yes I have. Also trying to say that would only come from scum, frustration is annoying. Imo scum frustration and town frustration are very similar a lot of the time. Why would I not be mad that I'm being scum read so heavily as either.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
That quote was a response to a question about Spak's originial defense of Jack, which is what I quoted. He was obligated to post about it, because he was asked.
Oh, yep, you're right, that was the start of the interaction. Anyway, Spak is a basic level player, I don't see him jumping to a scummates defense, he would fear making a connection.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
9ut of everyone this game, the person u want to die on being town, is Jack?

Also who hasn't given me a team that works with hand/Malak yet?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
9ut of everyone this game, the person u want to die on being town, is Jack?

Also who hasn't given me a team that works with hand/Malak yet?
No, I'm on mala in both cases. I haven't given enough thought to the town-hando case yet though, but it won't be Jack. But.... you did pick Jack for both cases so I'm real confused about what you are trying to say.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Hand/Malak/Spak/ + Jackrito or maybe pythag. I'd have to look at pythag's vote circumstances more closely.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Are you aware of the principle that any vote from town, even random, is better then not voting because it dilutes the power of mafia to sway the lynch?

Did you expect to not be around at EoD? Will you be around at EoD today?
Bruh, if you weren't going to be around at EoD to vote, why didn't you vote before EoD?
I'll just answer these both one time.
No I didnt know that I wouldn't be around.
Not sure if I'll be here EoD so I'm likely to vote shortly.

Top Bottom