• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

fontisian

Smash Champion
Well we start by solving that grouping
Triss/Hand/DB/Z25
that should be the game plan, if we can solve some of those people via mechanics, that would be great
I can check Triss, which means one of us will be confirmed by tomorrow, one way or another, heh.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
notes.PNG

Look look at the wagon movement here
as hand starts going up, z25 starts going up
but before hand, everyone was currently happy
dead bananas was being voted by Hand, and Malak was voting Triscar
but then somehow they all ended up on the same wagon pretty much saving Handorin

dead/Malak/Hand
I could easily see that

Wiisp

Smash Lord
probably could remove dead, and just leave it at Malak/Hand/X/X
will ponder on it

but dead/Malak/hand is a reality I can see

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Lol, happened to come across this looking though old games:

He's coasting trash, pushing the game in the wrong directions. He's not giving me stances, so therefore he's not giving me reads, and all of you are satisfied to ask him about it when the only way he'll give it up is to actually vote him on it. Not giving information is scummy play.
Valid point. I'm extremely uncomfortable just sitting around waiting for him to bestow his great knowledge upon us.

Zen, SAY SOMETHING. I really, really, really do not like this and I don't care if you have some grand master plan - I don't trust that.
I'm not posting anything period until Zen posts his reads.

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
I was also kinda hoping the vig would claim before Fonti dies so we could confirm they're at least PR'd, but we'll see how that all goes down.

We can always hope that nobody NK'd. Not super likely imo, but there's always a chance lol.

Thinking about DB/Hando/Triss is an interesting notion since everything shifted away from both DB and Triss so quickly (and they were both pretty substantial wagons). Only thing I could think of was Triss backing down and saying they'd prefer not to vote after they realized the tie, which makes me think the connection between them and the other two would be weaker. Malak seems to have been coasting this whole time, but I'd hope that the whole scumteam wouldn't be inactive. Ran's slot seems kinda disassociated with the whole group, but like you pointed out, his early read of Handorin and subsequent lack of content on the slot looks kinda bad on a scum!Hando flip (especially for how hard Ran pushed Z25). I'd also be inclined to put him on the naughty list.

Aaand it's time for bed since it's nearing 2 AM. Night, everybody!

Cuthalion

Smash Cadet
Town Leans
Fonti - should self resolve
Trisscar
DeadBananas

Lesser Town Leans
Boomfrog
Sabrar
Logic

Not townie of their own merit, and can still hold a wolf
Xivii
Cuthalion

Possible scum in order of non-wanting to lynch:
Pythag
Jackrito
Malakandra
Bessie
Spak
Handorin
Why Sabrar?

Wiisp

Smash Lord
call it gut, if that makes you feel better
I can't pull anything concrete out
I've been back and forth on him, but reading Oasis kinda gives me the same vibes as here

Cuthalion

Smash Cadet
call it gut, if that makes you feel better
I can't pull anything concrete out
I've been back and forth on him, but reading Oasis kinda gives me the same vibes as here
Fair enough, I suppose.

For the record, if it makes you feel any better, fonti's seen me wolf twice in a row quite recently and probably has a pretty good picture of what that looks like.

I'm just a little tilted by Dead complaining about me not saying much when I've been pretty present in thread ever since I caught up, and went in depth on my thoughts on everyone in the game.

I would be more likely to consider Dead as a wolf (with, say, a bpv) if he was still under pressure at EoD? But otherwise the claim there seems... too flimsy? to throw down like that? idk

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Up to you mate, but if your goal is protecting me it's ok, go check somebody who's currently hedged. I'm just a vote, so it's not quite as bad a thing if the town mislynches me, as it would be for some PR who's currently hiding and not doing a massively good job of it.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
I'm just a little tilted by Dead complaining about me not saying much when I've been pretty present in thread ever since I caught up, and went in depth on my thoughts on everyone in the game.
Im sorry if I caused you offence, but at the time I stated hadn't talked much, you had 5 posts in the thread and most where very minor things, in my context I didn't mean to come off as saying your post count was bad, but that I wanted to focus on your slot but since you were reading up you hadn't posted a lot yet.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Db also had a real weird vote swap from Hando to Z25 a bit before all this.
It was a bit weird, since I was struggling with out of game reasons for voting. I'd rather not go into that whole mess again but if people think this is a big issue with me I will answer.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
So if we can't go off of playstyle, can you at least show what you have done that you believe to be townie
What do you think you have done that's remarkably townie?
In my opinion this question should not be asked ever because a) people have very different and biased views of their own play and b) everything becomes WIFOM if the person doing the 'townie' things points them out, making any answer useless.

Other people are getting town reads for doing a lot less then me.
However this reply pings me as the classic frustration by scum when they don't understand why others are being found more townie than them (see also #2047).

You are really telling me you were isoing and seeing where it took you on this site, which both me and Wisp have complained about the Iso system. It is surely easier to just read thread which I assumed you were doing based off your other posts.
I agree that the iso here is not the most user-friendly (but then the whole site isn't), however it is still the quickest way to focus on a single person's content. This is just shade-throwing without basis.

Ghostbusters. You lost that for town but that was more for being stubborn.
Secret Santa 2017. There. Your logic failed you in that one.
I have no recollection of Ghostbusters whatsoever, you'll have to remind me.
I take no responsibility for Secret Santa, mods screwed with moody's role.

Sabrar and Spak were also guilty of that, I give both more benefit though since they were on high wagons at the time of their vote.
Yeah, deadline was at 2am for me and the days have passed where I stay up that late for a game.

Vote: Handorin

By my count it is L-1 but he's already voting himself so should be safe. I would also support lynching Jack.

PS: could someone clarify for me NKA and AtE? Thanks.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
In my opinion this question should not be asked ever because a) people have very different and biased views of their own play and b) everything becomes WIFOM if the person doing the 'townie' things points them out, making any answer useless.

However this reply pings me as the classic frustration by scum when they don't understand why others are being found more townie than them (see also #2047).

I agree that the iso here is not the most user-friendly (but then the whole site isn't), however it is still the quickest way to focus on a single person's content. This is just shade-throwing without basis.

I have no recollection of Ghostbusters whatsoever, you'll have to remind me.
I take no responsibility for Secret Santa, mods screwed with moody's role.

Yeah, deadline was at 2am for me and the days have passed where I stay up that late for a game.

Vote: Handorin

By my count it is L-1 but he's already voting himself so should be safe. I would also support lynching Jack.

PS: could someone clarify for me NKA and AtE? Thanks.

NKA is Night kill ana lysis so trying to figure out why the kills happened.

ATE is appeal to emotion so trying to get people onside with emotion plays.

I do that as both the whole people getting town read for doing nothing, mainly because I'm always the beacon for weak scum reads and have to work arse off to be town read. It can be very mentally taxing,and coming off some rough games are making me less patient.

It's not weak shade on Logic if he was isoing each person, his reads on each person he did would be more expanded Xivii is my main example. You only iso I'n a readlist if doing everyone like that trash I did in Oasis. My issue is more Logic does not spend time well in thread or at night.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
xivii trying to kill me early, confirmed
the rest will be up to you guys honestly
all I can is good luck

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Jackrito Jackrito
fontisian fontisian
Xivii Xivii

and anyone else
do this exercise for me

Two teams:
Malak/Hand/X/X and Malak/Hand/Dead/X

fill in those X's for both worlds
I hate pre-flip association.
Without a red flip I find it hard to just throw a team together and think it makes people bias.
Check D1 in BabySitter Mafia osie did something similar but on a larger scale which i feel derailed a lot of D1 progress.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Up to you mate, but if your goal is protecting me it's ok, go check somebody who's currently hedged. I'm just a vote, so it's not quite as bad a thing if the town mislynches me, as it would be for some PR who's currently hiding and not doing a massively good job of it.
No the goal is not to protect you.
The goal is to see if your claim is real or not so we can remove you from the PoE or lynch you.

Wiisp

Smash Lord
nice we got a person who didnt play the game
pre-flip associations are definitely like a hit or miss
But i think this is the closest we've been to something relevant

Wiisp

Smash Lord
I also think Hand/Malak are very strong mafia candidates on an individualistic level, so this is not simply pre-flip associations
and the point of these kinds of games is to get peoples' thoughts and force mafia into bubbles

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Let's assume that we have a town vig. We all know the most powerful tool town has is vote analysis of a lynch. So we turn the vig into a second lynch. Everyone says who they want shot, and the vig follows that, no questions asked. (Vig can personally break ties obviously). The vote analysis is only valuable if people really believe their vote will matter.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
xivii trying to kill me early, confirmed
the rest will be up to you guys honestly
all I can is good luck
I stated my intent for a reason. Is there anything you're waiting on?
Why? What does hammer give you? We don't need majority.

Jackrito Jackrito Thanks for the explanation.
I anticipate him coming in claiming a PR and the wagon dissolving. I'll wait, but if he retracts his VT claim, I'm hammering immediately. I'm not risking CC spew.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Unvote Jackrito

They only upped their contribution when they felt in danger which is a bad sign, but they are contributing and I don't want to off townJack D2. As a participater I think we will be able to sort them late game.

VigPick Malakadra

Top Bottom