• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
He was invisible last game as well.

Also
Unvote
Pythag is acting a lot less suspicious IMO.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
GAME WINNING READS

1590033980984.png

TOWN [Laser > Pythag > Handorin > Sabrar > Malak > Deadbananas > Logic > Boom > Bessie > Jackrito > Spak > Trisscar | > Z25 > Ninja > Xiivi] SCUM

Trisscar: After Triss was pushed, he's still been active in thread, while doing nothing. Yet he wasn't trying to improve his image within the town. This means this doesn't progress a scum win condition, yet it still requires us to sort him later, as in he put himself in a bad position. Not someone I'd lynch today, but someone I feel should be resolved down the line. Null-town.

Pythag: I found Pythag's concern about my play to make sense, since he always towns reads me when I'm more active. Something I've realized with this playstyle, is that town will be more pinged by it even if I state before hand I'll be posting less. (Example: FrozenFlame) I also think he's been pro-active. I also never thought his RVS was awful, because I could tell it was early game sarcasm. I took that as genuine and confident. Town.

Handorin: From the start, I felt he was the first person to have a substantial vote in the game. (#88) I think he's been consistently scum hunting with the little presence he has. That's all really.

Sabrar: At first, I had concerns with Sabrar since he didn't have a push, but this push on Ninja I agree with. I think he's focusing too much on the role aspect, and should be looking at Ninja's individual play.

Laser: The first good post that stands out to me is his #63 which he makes a good observation. (Z didn't ask new faces in Oasis but has here) He is also more active compared to the previous game, and I also think is showing his stubborness when he is town. (#242) He also has a good question and is scum hunting in his #93. Overall, I find his tone and direction pro-town.

Boomfrog: I think he and I both have different but similar reactions to Triss. Yet he votes him. #73 I find it to be pre-mature. He uses a noob scum tell for Triss, but when corrected on it by Jack, he continues pushing without re-evaluating. His #211 makes sense along with him rushing to vote Triss instead of asking like myself. I don't think he'd make a pre-mature push to have to back out as mafia. Therefore, I find it genuine that he backed off, and was honest that it was full of hot air, to pressure Triss. Lean town.

Malak: Malak doesn't post often, yet he was proactive with his questioning to Triss, which I felt was natural. #107 Yet his vote was reactive in response to my question as to why he wasn't voting. #192 He also had a fair response to Pythag. #203 Slight town.

Deadbananas: From seeing his #337, I find it reasonable and it also helps strengthen my read on Malak.

Bessie: I never had a ping from Bessie from the beginning, yet I considered her posts null. I'm aware she takes a while to catch up, and I know she works quite a bit. So far it's questioning Pythag's vote. I can only give her a slight town due to this post so far: #265 Part of it was her reaction to my request to explain why she wasn't voting, and her observation of Trisscar.

Logic: Seems to feel genuine trying to piece things together, yet that's it. Unlike Bessie, I have nothing else to sort Logic with, and he also doesn't have a conclusion or read that can help me read him better. Otherwise, I find him as slight town.

Jackrito: I have him as slight town, merely due to his #161. I didn't have much stick out to myself either, so I think it's pro-town to bandwagon to pressure until we gain more discussion and leads from that direction. Nothing else pings me about him.

Spak: Has had a solid entrance, and has a push. Slight town for now, but want to see more of his play before I have a better grasp of him.

Z25: Alright, there is a stark difference between his town game, and his mafia game. In the previous game, he'd tunnel on Boom and Maven, and I re-read, and I always noticed these signs. He was town. Yet here, his reads are very wishy washy, and he has no sense of conviction with his stances. #263

Ninja: First off, he's still making the same mistakes as the previous game, which I'll be taking as null. He is leaning towards the opinions of his shadow, and sidelining. His #47 seems forced, because Pythag's post never seemed awful at all. He also unvotes Pythag now without an explanation why, or any interaction with Pythag at all. I also think his Shadow isn't really using the role to it's full potential. #345 Is the worst post, because of his shadow holding back reads because it would only be full of nulls, when we have enough content to sort people by. I think it's also possible he may not be lying about his role but is still mafia, which is why he claimed it. It only makes sense to claim it as mafia, who wants town credit, but doesn't use it to it's fullest. Scum.

Xiivi: #42 This post pinged me because he's giving Bessie a town read when it was null, there was nothing to read from that post that was townie. Rather, I think it was too early to judge and this implies Xiivi has TMI. His #129 doesn't sound like he believes in it or is confident in it. Now he posts his reads list #393 which isn't comparable to his play in Sorcerers. [Town!Zen Reads Post] [Scum Zen Game] Notice that his play here is disengaged, and the pay off isn't there. Now his push on Handorin is notably weak. Most importantly, Zen isn't looking at intent or trying to determine who is actually scum here. There is no conviction to this posts here, and his tone is different, especially when interacting with me. He's taking each opportunity to sling mud (I'm not sure of the term, so I say that) on my slot when I ask him a question of his play. If he had a genuine concern with my play, he'd bring it up previously, and have it reflected in his lynch list. #397 #402 Finally, Zen never had an explanation for why Pythag became better to him to be placed in the do not lynch list.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Zen, you're going to want to explain again why you have been disengaged this game.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Now to explain my own play. I've taken a backseat to the thread, to observe the game more than post in it, to improve my read accuracy. It does give me more attention, and less of town credit, but I still do it to see things develop naturally. Yet, I still ask questions I feel have not been focused on, and hopefully it's given others the chance to be able to develop their own reads without myself cluttering the thread and becoming an island. I also tried to interact less with players to see who would interact with me. You may have noticed I'd ask a question and leave it at that. I've tried this playstyle in Whose Mafia Is It Anyway. It got the same attention it did here, except I was mislynched there. Yet I think I've shown that, all I've been doing has been in the interest in town and trying to determine who the actual scum are. However things shake out, this is actually Scum Zen, and we can sleep soundly knowing that he's been this easy to pin.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
LaserGuy LaserGuy Your read on Xivii is weak. I highly suggest you reconsider your read on him, because meta shouldn't be the basis of your read on him.

3DSNinja

Smash Lord
This is kinda my shadow's read list

"there are just too many people I would put at Nulls, there is no need for a read list
I think the PoE below is likely to have a minimum of one wolf
Malak/Lasor/Hand

P.S: if one more person FoS's Trisscar I will be fuming, the dude is literally so genuine, and pure. Seriously go do other things with these 120 hour days"

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Your question is loaded. I'm not disengaged. If you want to know a specific read, you can ask me about it rather than make an assumption that I don't have any reasoning. You comparing read list to Sorcerers is invalid because of the nature of the game and my role. Read Token Power Mafia for a better comparison.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
A few people havent really left and impression on me which probably has more to do with me than them in this instance.
I'll have more time for this tonight (in about 12 hours or so)

Here's a little about those who have stood out.
3dsninja - genuine tone and a claim I dont feel comes from mafia.
Bessie - I'm not really sure what I like about thia slot but I can say im not getting scum vibes from them. While okm town lean/reading them it's not from page 1 like Xi.
Jackrito - I usually like to take my time reading jack. I respect his scum game and feel he is underappreciated town on our homesite. Here without back reading I would say he feels pretty consistent.
Laser - is giving me good vibes. Then asking 3is about their role is what made me rethink me rolefish attacks.

Z and xi havent left much impression which is weird to me given they are the ones I played with previously here.
Z's read on me is on point but I'm not sure if it's a legit read or a prettied up tmi?
My reads and meta are usually a lot more on point if I’ve been scum mates with someone or played with them as town a lot, so yeah my reads have all been straight feedback from experience

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You're not even trying to convince anyone of why you believe Hando is scum. All this time you haven't been in thread for that. I want reasoning on all your reads.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also I may not be able to post here too much tomorrow, my grandma lives with us and had a mini stroke we believe so she was taken to the hospital and has been admitted. We’ve got to see how that goes and how to keep her and us safe when she gets back because that damn virus is rampant here and I can not get it because I already have a poor immune system. Still I’ll try to post tomorrow

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm sorry to hear that Z. I hope things go well.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My reads and meta are usually a lot more on point if I’ve been scum mates with someone or played with them as town a lot, so yeah my reads have all been straight feedback from experience[/QU
Oh yeah I also agree with Laser that Ranmaru not informing Triss that he couldn't edit posts is weird...
this is kinda of a stretch though. Op says small edits are fine( which seems to be what he did as osie didn’t take issue) and that doesn’t sound that a valid reach to find Ran scummy

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
GAME WINNING READS

View attachment 272284

TOWN [Laser > Pythag > Handorin > Sabrar > Malak > Deadbananas > Logic > Boom > Bessie > Jackrito > Spak > Trisscar | > Z25 > Ninja > Xiivi] SCUM

Trisscar: After Triss was pushed, he's still been active in thread, while doing nothing. Yet he wasn't trying to improve his image within the town. This means this doesn't progress a scum win condition, yet it still requires us to sort him later, as in he put himself in a bad position. Not someone I'd lynch today, but someone I feel should be resolved down the line. Null-town.

Pythag: I found Pythag's concern about my play to make sense, since he always towns reads me when I'm more active. Something I've realized with this playstyle, is that town will be more pinged by it even if I state before hand I'll be posting less. (Example: FrozenFlame) I also think he's been pro-active. I also never thought his RVS was awful, because I could tell it was early game sarcasm. I took that as genuine and confident. Town.

Handorin: From the start, I felt he was the first person to have a substantial vote in the game. (#88) I think he's been consistently scum hunting with the little presence he has. That's all really.

Sabrar: At first, I had concerns with Sabrar since he didn't have a push, but this push on Ninja I agree with. I think he's focusing too much on the role aspect, and should be looking at Ninja's individual play.

Laser: The first good post that stands out to me is his #63 which he makes a good observation. (Z didn't ask new faces in Oasis but has here) He is also more active compared to the previous game, and I also think is showing his stubborness when he is town. (#242) He also has a good question and is scum hunting in his #93. Overall, I find his tone and direction pro-town.

Boomfrog: I think he and I both have different but similar reactions to Triss. Yet he votes him. #73 I find it to be pre-mature. He uses a noob scum tell for Triss, but when corrected on it by Jack, he continues pushing without re-evaluating. His #211 makes sense along with him rushing to vote Triss instead of asking like myself. I don't think he'd make a pre-mature push to have to back out as mafia. Therefore, I find it genuine that he backed off, and was honest that it was full of hot air, to pressure Triss. Lean town.

Malak: Malak doesn't post often, yet he was proactive with his questioning to Triss, which I felt was natural. #107 Yet his vote was reactive in response to my question as to why he wasn't voting. #192 He also had a fair response to Pythag. #203 Slight town.

Deadbananas: From seeing his #337, I find it reasonable and it also helps strengthen my read on Malak.

Bessie: I never had a ping from Bessie from the beginning, yet I considered her posts null. I'm aware she takes a while to catch up, and I know she works quite a bit. So far it's questioning Pythag's vote. I can only give her a slight town due to this post so far: #265 Part of it was her reaction to my request to explain why she wasn't voting, and her observation of Trisscar.

Logic: Seems to feel genuine trying to piece things together, yet that's it. Unlike Bessie, I have nothing else to sort Logic with, and he also doesn't have a conclusion or read that can help me read him better. Otherwise, I find him as slight town.

Jackrito: I have him as slight town, merely due to his #161. I didn't have much stick out to myself either, so I think it's pro-town to bandwagon to pressure until we gain more discussion and leads from that direction. Nothing else pings me about him.

Spak: Has had a solid entrance, and has a push. Slight town for now, but want to see more of his play before I have a better grasp of him.

Z25: Alright, there is a stark difference between his town game, and his mafia game. In the previous game, he'd tunnel on Boom and Maven, and I re-read, and I always noticed these signs. He was town. Yet here, his reads are very wishy washy, and he has no sense of conviction with his stances. #263

Ninja: First off, he's still making the same mistakes as the previous game, which I'll be taking as null. He is leaning towards the opinions of his shadow, and sidelining. His #47 seems forced, because Pythag's post never seemed awful at all. He also unvotes Pythag now without an explanation why, or any interaction with Pythag at all. I also think his Shadow isn't really using the role to it's full potential. #345 Is the worst post, because of his shadow holding back reads because it would only be full of nulls, when we have enough content to sort people by. I think it's also possible he may not be lying about his role but is still mafia, which is why he claimed it. It only makes sense to claim it as mafia, who wants town credit, but doesn't use it to it's fullest. Scum.

Xiivi: #42 This post pinged me because he's giving Bessie a town read when it was null, there was nothing to read from that post that was townie. Rather, I think it was too early to judge and this implies Xiivi has TMI. His #129 doesn't sound like he believes in it or is confident in it. Now he posts his reads list #393 which isn't comparable to his play in Sorcerers. [Town!Zen Reads Post] [Scum Zen Game] Notice that his play here is disengaged, and the pay off isn't there. Now his push on Handorin is notably weak. Most importantly, Zen isn't looking at intent or trying to determine who is actually scum here. There is no conviction to this posts here, and his tone is different, especially when interacting with me. He's taking each opportunity to sling mud (I'm not sure of the term, so I say that) on my slot when I ask him a question of his play. If he had a genuine concern with my play, he'd bring it up previously, and have it reflected in his lynch list. #397 #402 Finally, Zen never had an explanation for why Pythag became better to him to be placed in the do not lynch list.
I already explained the answer to both your points here making them null.

First off last game I had played with everyone except those in my neighborhood and Boom, and the neighborhood was a fine way to introduce myself. I didn’t need to ask questions last game because it started out at a fair pace imo. This game was slow I wanted to fix that.

Secondly I have most of my reads as locked to that place with my town reads likely not to change and my scum read to stay in place. I already said I’d vote boom, and as the day progressed today Laser pings me a bit. I need to re read triss and others and go from there. But we have 120 hour day phases there is really no need for me vote.

And I know what your going to say, which is votes show stances, but I’ve already stated previously that I don’t agree with that notion and sticking to my votes has been a better play. You can look at pretty much any game I don’t really shift u less my thoughts change, or in earlier games I would join wagons just to hammer but only upon request.

That’s my current thought process right now.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ranmaru, looking through sorcerers you constantly asked me about the things I didn't explain. Here, instead of asking me, you're just portraying it as scum without inquiring into my thoughts.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I have asked you questions this game, especially related to Pythag, which you have not answered.

Handorin

Smash Hero
No. We can confirm 3DSNinja has a mentor. Another poster coming in and saying “oh yeah Ninja’s town” confirms nothing. Only a mod post, in mod voice, in a non-******* game (which this is), confirms town. Can you really not think of other possibilities?
Thanks, Sherlock. I definitely didn't think of that or already say that.

Deadbananas

Smash Journeyman
Why on earth did you mention this and why are you worried about it?
I mentioned this all the in the context of Triss advocating for mass claiming slightly and I am worried about it cause that could kill a town PR for no real reason other than claim crap.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Xivii, you state I haven't given you inquiries, yet you vote me early game without asking me anything. You haven't tried to sort me at all, but you do take the opportunity to vote me when I have less presence in the thread.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
My lynch list obviously answer that. My read on him dissolved soon after you asked me about it based on the way he responded (non-divensive and continued hunting).

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii, you state I haven't given you inquiries, yet you vote me early game without asking me anything. You haven't tried to sort me at all, but you do take the opportunity to vote me when I have less presence in the thread.
I voted you because your naked vote with nothing around it was scummy. It reminded me of your play in, I forget the game name. Let me look it up. I unvoted you because the questions you were asking and the fact that you were trying a different style I was giving you the benefit of the doubt.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yet you never answered it at the time. You were biding your time for results that have little to no pay off. Can you explain how your #393 lines up along with the rest of your play? Finally, can you explain why you are playing the way you are?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You say that I have found the opportunity at every turn to sling mud at you: please show this. I voted you at the beginning of the day and unvoted you when you had a reasonable explanation for your behavior and explained to others that you should be given the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. The only other concern I've voided with your play is the Triss thing. You throwing shade at him for it but not even informing him I think is out of character.

Top Bottom