• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sumting Sumting Maifa | Game Over

Jackrito

Smash Ace
May I ask why you're still on your RVS?

Why does the new info make you hesitant on your read?

Could be a lot of things?
Anything else you want to randomly throw out there?

You seem to not be interested in an early claim so im curious why this ends with a role fish?
Why would I not be when Triss is being weird as hell atm, and no one is really pinging me yet I'm taking a casual approuch atm.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
also I'm not doing stupid isos this game until late game if still alive. Currently in 3 games at once and I have found them pointless early and take me out of game state too much.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This bothers me a bit you say they are supposed town claims, but what claim is not, no one will ever claim scum, 3DS one is weird enough to be scum imo but not intrested in making this like last game again even though he started worse. I find that town lying about their role can have its advs also a lie does not always mean scum, but in most situations is bad play.
I say supposed town claims because scum will just as likely do the same to seem town if they think they can.

So each claim has to be evaluated based on a actions and then things like counter claims. Town definitely can get advantages by lying, but again scum can too. Which is why evaluating things day one is always harder

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
A play style still involves play, which has been noticeably absent.

What's your timeline for when you start finding it scummy?
His first big read list. If he doesn't have one by near day end or if it is lacking, then we should assume he's scum.

Pythag

BRoomer
BRoomer
His first big read list. If he doesn't have one by near day end or if it is lacking, then we should assume he's scum.
Since we have a big post about likes, I'll just state this is a really good response. I like it.
unvote

Boom, are you still convinced that Trisscar scumslipped?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
I can’t say I’ve seen a mentor here. We have had hydras but those require an alt account. I also imagine like stated that would be a announced thing. So I don’t know what to make of this currently
In a closed setup why would anything like that be stated?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
What? At that point I haven't even posted. I assumed you would say it was a joke for some unknown reason but you just don't know? Did you confuse me with someone else, similar to what you did in Oasis? Please tell me how your mind works because I won't be able to evaluate you otherwise if you keep pulling this.
This post does a whole lot of nothing.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Re: Claiming and then leaving

I wanted to see how many maf would bandwagon on someone they thought they could force out early.
*waves at Boomfrog*
Nah, just that only scum would be trigger happy enough to immediately vote me after saying so.
So, your first explanation was made up after the fact and was not actually why you claimed. So:
1) Why did you claim?
2) Why did you make up a justification for claiming?
3) Since you said I was scummy right away why did you only vote me after being pressured to?

Pythag Pythag Obvious observations obscure operations. Operatives order obfuscation.

Xivii Xivii *Does a little jig*

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Ninja, when you say they come in the thread, do you mean they would control you or they would come onto the thread as their own and you both could post? I'm inclined to believe you for now and agree that how you describe your role feels more town to me.
I'm down with the conclusion not so much the role fish tho

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
I guess rolefishing more info on the claim is just going to be nai here so many are asking for more details.
I feel like those things should be left to resolve themselves but I guess we will see what you all get from it?

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
You think I'm trying to fit in or you think that Ninja is trying to fit in?
No I dont think "fit in" fits for them.
They are here and feel very open and honest.
And I said that's how your post made me feel because it did.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Why would I not be when Triss is being weird as hell atm, and no one is really pinging me yet I'm taking a casual approuch atm.
Fair enough, was just wondering if there was more to it now.
Weird in what way and what do you think it means for their alignment?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
In a closed setup why would anything like that be stated?
Because 3ds said that it’s an actual person telling him this and implied it was likely an outside source.

Which is very important to consider when OP says no sharing info outside of the game and osie said no mentor is at play here.

If an actual person not part of the game was involved in helping ninja as a mentor which is not really a role per say, then they should be stated to the game for balance sake.

But ninja hasn’t responded again so we have to wait and see what he says. But osie’s posts are something that we needed to consider which is why there was some discussion on it.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
I guess I didn't see that as role fishing.
Shadow was claimed, so the role is out, that would leave me in the dark while everyone else may know what it is.
Fair enough different site meta is going to make me have evaluate people a little differently.

LogicoftheVI

Smash Journeyman
Because 3ds said that it’s an actual person telling him this and implied it was likely an outside source.

Which is very important to consider when OP says no sharing info outside of the game and osie said no mentor is at play here.

If an actual person not part of the game was involved in helping ninja as a mentor which is not really a role per say, then they should be stated to the game for balance sake.

But ninja hasn’t responded again so we have to wait and see what he says. But osie’s posts are something that we needed to consider which is why there was some discussion on it.
I guess my thinking is it's part of a role?
Not one I've ever heard of but so out there I doubt it comes from mafia.
That and the player comes across as very genuine e to me.
Something to think about and revisit later maybe?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Logic seems to be trying to solve the game and feels town.

Trisscar is being hedgy which is typical of scum IMO.
I suppose I could vote Boomfrog or Handorin...hm

Eh sure

Vote: Boomfrog
Letting themselves get bullied into voting allows them an easier out later if questioned and is scum indicative.
Vote Trisscar

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I'm down with the conclusion not so much the role fish tho
At this point getting more info out of 3ds about his role should allow us to place him better since the host said no unnanounced mentors and I don't remember anything about mentors being announced.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Nah I just wanted to wait a while longer and see if Boomfrog got any more aggressive. But if this particular server does a lot of early pressure voting then I guess why not?

Also not sure what you mean by "hedgy".

Last edited:

Malakandra

Smash Lord
hedgy is being unwilling to commit. By saying you wanted to see if boomfrog got more aggressive do you mean after you voted him he would get more aggressive or before you voted him?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
So wouldn't being pressured into voting him ruin that plan.

Who are your two top town and scum reads rn.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Yup, makes me sad. But people were wondering and it wasn't a high priority.

Also mildly distracted atm cause essays and housing things, but probably Boomfrog and or Handorin (apologies if misspelling) as maf, and no one as town because constant vigilance.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
So, your first explanation was made up after the fact and was not actually why you claimed. So:
1) Why did you claim?
2) Why did you make up a justification for claiming?
3) Since you said I was scummy right away why did you only vote me after being pressured to?
You've answered #3, how about 1 and 2?

Nah I just wanted to wait a while longer and see if Boomfrog got any more aggressive.
You purposely didn't vote me to see if that would cause me to become more aggressive? That was a calculated and planned move? Because it feels like you are doing things and then making up reasons afterward. Does my increased aggression mean I am more likely to be scum? Would it be unreasonable for a townie to be suspicious of you at this point?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I guess my thinking is it's part of a role?
Not one I've ever heard of but so out there I doubt it comes from mafia.
That and the player comes across as very genuine e to me.
Something to think about and revisit later maybe?
It’s hard to say because ninja while genuine last game made a lot of mix ups that made his posts come off as odd, which is why I was waiting to see if he responds again. It’s definitely not something we need to deal with right away though and I planned to revisit it whenever he decides to.

Top Bottom