• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suicide spike

marth marth marth

Smash Apprentice
I usually dont use her dair, but i've learned to suicide spike with it as a finisher or to catch up in terms of damage, anyone else try this?

~polygon

Smash Rookie
It's easier (and safer) to just edgeguard. If they're in a position where you could suicide dair them, then there are probably plenty of other options that could be used in place. Zero Suit Samus edgeguards very effectively.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, ZSS has a more powerful and less risky edgeguard spike: Her Down-B Kick. If they're coming in off of the stage, you can down B out, and extend the kick outwards to them. If they hit the tip (which is likely given it's long duration), they are brutally spiked. If they don't, it still knocks them away, making it a useful attack.

And unlike the Dair, it doesn't immediately kill you. Even if they dodge, you can segue into a tether edgehog. The dair is far too risky: they can always airdodge and leave you dying and them not.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
I really can't see why you would ever want to use the Dair spike on someone

1. You die first
2. It has start up time and your trying to it hit a flying moving target which has to be below you
3. It's a weak spike as in you have to more or less carry them down with you.

There's really no point of trying to use the dair to score a suicide kill besides the fact that if you do it's instant bragging rights.

Top Bottom