• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suicide Cancel?

T_T

Smash Cadet
Has this awsome little ability of kirby from melee been transfered over to brawl?

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
I'm not really sure yet. Most of the videos I find have no Kirbycides on them =(.

T_T

Smash Cadet
*Sigh* I hope someone can clarify this soon.

Kirby may be buffed, but there's nothing like killing an opponent who had only 30% damage while you had 120%. Will I be able to laugh at others shock and anger with the sallowcide in brawl?!

S2

Smash Lord
Well from early reports you could not break out of Kirby's throws anymore.

So I'm gonna go out on a limb and say its still possible and probably easier to do.

Chepe

Smash Lord
Kirby cannot suicide with his forward throw anymore, thats for sure. He now backs up a bit before jumping forward, so he lands on the same spot he started the throw. And Im not positive about the back throw, but I THINK I saw him just jumping in the air in place while slamming the foe behind him instead of moving backwards, Im not sure.

The "swallowcide", however, Im not sure about at all. If they changed it so that the enemy escapes above him (which would make no sense but w/e), then that will be gone too...

T_T

Smash Cadet
looks like kirby isn't gonna be able to be the suicide freak he could be in melee :(
Oh, well I never really used the throws much. Shame not to many people play kirby or we would probably have confirmation on the swallowcide mechanics.

Nintendo-pie

Smash Cadet
I've seen a video in which you can footstool jump on your enemies heads once they break out of your swallow for an easy kill. (I know this is an old topic but the question needed answered)

~N-pie

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
you both die at the same time with kirbys swallocide. i think its stupid but its true. no kirbycide cancel

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
There's no Kirby user help thread so I'm posting here.

I saw a video of someone spitting out his opponent without the opponent flying fowards in the star or wutever. he just "gimped" him out. The opponent fell out and died and kirby flew away safely. I'm wondering how to do that with kirby. I usually just spit them out under the stage for the kill, but when I'm not facing the stage, I'd like to use this tactic but I don't know how. I'd rather not wait for them to get out b/c obviously they'd just not wiggle out(you'd both die instead of just your opponent)Can anyone help?

Here's a vid, around 2:40.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IVPlRw7_70Q

Ryven

Smash Cadet
I *think* what happened in that video was that Kirby used his Star Shot, and C. Falcon immediately broke out of the star without attacking, leaving himself in footstool range.

Jono

Smash Apprentice
I *think* what happened in that video was that Kirby used his Star Shot, and C. Falcon immediately broke out of the star without attacking, leaving himself in footstool range.
There was no Star shot. C.Falcon just broke out.

storm92

Smash Ace
You can still spit them out of the Kirbycide at the last minute and spam jumps to try to recover, just make sure they don't footstool you.
Throws don't Cide anymore, as everyone knows, so there's no suicide cancel there.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Kirbycide with swallow is very hard to understand. From my experience if the opponent does not struggle, Kirby dies first 100% of the time. If the opponent does struggle and gets out late, Kirby can jump and depending on the opponents jump height can footstool them. MK is an example of someone that Kirby cannot footstool.

The best thing you can do if you want to Kirbycideis go under the stage or as far away from the stage as possible.

My personal opinion: My opinion is to use Neutral B as a KOing move not a suicide move. Many times an du can c them in my video thread. U can suck ur opponent up, spit them under the stage, jump and Use Bair for a stage spike here are some examples

Against Link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIeGP8M3kkI

Against Snake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqzhmMxYgmM

SD14

Smash Cadet
i like to just go under the stage some and spit them out with chars that dont have good recovery

storm92

Smash Ace
Kirbycide with swallow is very hard to understand. From my experience if the opponent does not struggle, Kirby dies first 100% of the time. If the opponent does struggle and gets out late, Kirby can jump and depending on the opponents jump height can footstool them. MK is an example of someone that Kirby cannot footstool.

The best thing you can do if you want to Kirbycideis go under the stage or as far away from the stage as possible.

My personal opinion: My opinion is to use Neutral B as a KOing move not a suicide move. Many times an du can c them in my video thread. U can suck ur opponent up, spit them under the stage, jump and Use Bair for a stage spike here are some examples

Against Link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIeGP8M3kkI

Against Snake
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqzhmMxYgmM
First one was pure ownage, but I didn't see stage-assisted kills there.
Second one was also an amazing vid, and very nice stage-assisted KO for the win there (he should've died before, though).

Smasher008

Smash Rookie
Actually kirbys upthrow can still do partially suicide... what you do is make a level with some blocks in a row. then put a spring next to the ending block where the spring is at the same level as the blocks.

Roll to edge w/ kirby to get to side with spring. Grab opponent and do upthrow and hold the direction towards the spring.

This makes kirby take the opponent all the way down to the bottom of the stage and then the regular blow up animation occurs. Use kirby to footstool jump on opponent or fly back to safety.

Why does this work?
there is a space between the spring and the block on the edge. kirby usually hits the land where the directional stick (right or left) is pushed. Therefore, if no land is available, kirby falls to the bottom of the screen or whatever land is beneath him.

Mk can also do it

Try it out

Too bad only works at made stage though...i think

Top Bottom