• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suggestions when getting knocked into the air

L Jang

Smash Rookie
so yeah, i notice im having trouble getting back onto the ground when getting knocked into the air. Bowser's down B is a predictable move to do, and if avoided, will be punished. I need suggestions on a good way to get back on the ground. Thanks

Me14k

Smash Lord
Get down from platforms?
-Inf jump around the platforms

Otherwise a nair is pretty nice when falling..nice hitbox and little lag on ground.

Repetitive air-dodging would be pretty nice also. I need to personally get into this habit (Still think only 1 airdodge like melee).

If over the edge, down B and grab the edge.

kgosser

Smash Rookie
I'm also having the same problem. His bair, dair, and down+b have bad recovery and are predicable.

So far nair, fortress, claw, or situational uair have worked sporadically.

I actually think multiple air dodging is the way to go, but I haven't been able to program my mind to think defensively like that yet. I'm working on it though :)

reborn394

Smash Apprentice
You can try fast falling, infinite jump like Me14K said, or Bowser Bomb when near the ground. Down air also has decent priority when landing because there are frames at the end of this move that prevent a counter-attack.

DiasFlac

Smash Journeyman
I usually airdodge but if I think I can land a Bowser Bomb then I go for that. Its best not to use the Bowser Bomb often then your opponent forgets about it and your have a higher chance of hitting it on them when trying to get out of the air.

His Dair is really good I'm using it more and more. Their are plenty of situation his dair can be used for.

residentevilrulz

Smash Apprentice
kevinm, I'm curious as to how you find Bowser air dodge to be broken. I never considered it to be that great, but I guess I'm wrong. Educate me good sir

KoopaKiD

Smash Cadet
Get down from platforms?
-Inf jump around the platforms

Otherwise a nair is pretty nice when falling..nice hitbox and little lag on ground.

Repetitive air-dodging would be pretty nice also. I need to personally get into this habit (Still think only 1 airdodge like melee).

If over the edge, down B and grab the edge.
unless your below a Toon Link >.<

Iamthemovie

Smash Journeyman
Bowserbomb to an edge. Don't do it often, people will start to catch on and it's pretty risky since you'll lose a life if you miss.

BadGuy

Smash Journeyman
The only time you should attempt to bowser bomb someone under you, is if they are attempting to attack you from below, the instant you see them trying to take a swing at bowser, punish them with a bowser bomb. It'll out prioritize almost any attack, except for a select few, like snake or ike. The slight delay allows time to avoid the attack being thrown, by the time it's finished, bowser will already be crashing down. It's a beautiful thing.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
kevinm, I'm curious as to how you find Bowser air dodge to be broken. I never considered it to be that great, but I guess I'm wrong. Educate me good sir
Just because you can Air-Dodge towards the ground and Klaw Cancel onto a platform to get out of danger.

I wish he had his melee airdodge back,

BEST AIRDODGE IN THE GAME!

lol

Sliq

Smash Master
Just DI towards the ledge, then bowser bomb and grab the ledge. GG NO RE.

Top Bottom