• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Suggestion] Really Cool New N-air Idea

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys I had this dream that Ganon had a new n-air and it was the ****. Check this out... Picture something along the lines of Mewtwo's nair as far as poses go. Early during the move, like frame ~4, he gains super armor and retains it for like a whole 10-12 frames. During this time, he tucks up into a ball a little bit and shrinks his hurtboxes, like he does during his up taunt. Then he flexes his body outward, loses the armor, and has a really weak hitbox covering his entire body for 1 frame with vertical KB. Much like Ivysaur's neutral B except it doesn't ground cancel, you just L-cancel it of course... cause it's an aerial.

It's sick cause he can soak up attacks to get out of combos, a lot like Luigi does with his nair, except he has to take the damage. I've heard a lot of Ganon mains say they wish he had something he could throw out there to escape combos here and there and this sounds like exactly what he needs. He could use the weak hit to pop off and combo, maybe he even has time to n-air > SH side B and catch them before they break out of stun. I think it sounds super useful for him and it fits his character so well. He's already built Ford tough and survives for days anyways AND he's a warlock - self-inflicted pain is kinda his thing, taking pain for power.

This sounds way too perfect not to test and I wish I could just implement it and give it a shot, but I can't so the least I can do is share the idea as an honest attempt at improving the character by just the right amount, in the hopes that it even be considered.

Smash dreams are the best dreams.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
He doesn't need such a thing. I'd hate to lose his Nair for such a thing.

His Nair is one of my main spacing tools.

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
I'm a big fan of this idea.

The way I'm picturing the move, I believe the range/speed would be decent enough that it could make up for the loss of the old Nair.

I also had a Smash dream recently... I love Ganon's Bair, it's fairly powerful, it has a sweet disjointed hitbox, and it's even somewhat fast (in Ganon terms).

I would only make one change to it animation-wise. It would be cool if Ganon's Bair's disjointed hitbox could be represented by a little dark explosion. Something similar to Zelda's Uair, but darker and more Ganon-y.

I'm up for a few small changes to Ganon, like a new neutral-B, Nair, or animations. Just about anything to stem this whole "replace Ganondorf with Black Shadow" talk would be good in my book.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
It's cool, there's nothing wrong with having dreams about Ganon's moves.

As long as you don't hope they'll be implemented heh.

foxygrandpa

Smash Journeyman
Okay guys I had this dream that Ganon had a new n-air and it was the ****. Check this out... Picture something along the lines of Mewtwo's nair as far as poses go. Early during the move, like frame ~4, he gains super armor and retains it for like a whole 10-12 frames. During this time, he tucks up into a ball a little bit and shrinks his hurtboxes, like he does during his up taunt. Then he flexes his body outward, loses the armor, and has a really weak hitbox covering his entire body for 1 frame with vertical KB. Much like Ivysaur's neutral B except it doesn't ground cancel, you just L-cancel it of course... cause it's an aerial.

It's sick cause he can soak up attacks to get out of combos, a lot like Luigi does with his nair, except he has to take the damage. I've heard a lot of Ganon mains say they wish he had something he could throw out there to escape combos here and there and this sounds like exactly what he needs. He could use the weak hit to pop off and combo, maybe he even has time to n-air > SH side B and catch them before they break out of stun. I think it sounds super useful for him and it fits his character so well. He's already built Ford tough and survives for days anyways AND he's a warlock - self-inflicted pain is kinda his thing, taking pain for power.

This sounds way too perfect not to test and I wish I could just implement it and give it a shot, but I can't so the least I can do is share the idea as an honest attempt at improving the character by just the right amount, in the hopes that it even be considered.

Smash dreams are the best dreams.
You've been chosen by the smash gods to relay these revelations to humanity. Embrace your gift.

Shin_Mazinkaiser

Smash Journeyman
If they were to improve the startup/hitboxes of his existing nair, I'd be all for it.

But to change it completely, I don't like the idea.

Top Bottom