• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suggestion: Magic Meter and Two Skins

What do you love about this suggestion form?

• Love the Magic Meter idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheHauntedSkull

Smash Rookie
Alright, yes. I know Link is so much better in Project M, why make him any better? Just because it'd be cool in my opinion.

It'd be much like Lucario's Aura Charges, only different to fit Link instead of Lucario.

Like Aura Charges, you charge the magic meter by hitting opponents.

Like Aura Charges, you use Special (Neutral, Forwards, Up, Down) + Attack to use them.

Bow: Use the magic meter to use different arrows! Use A to swap between Normal, Ice, Electric, and Bomb Arrows!

Boomerang: Stronger impact, as well as launched farther and can now bring items towards you.

Spin Attack: Stronger the closer the opponent is, this sends out a magic field of spinning to harm opponents. Also known as "Great Spin".

Bombs: More... Explosive. :) Also use A to bring out a bombling/bombchu, depending on costume. Twilight Princess: Bombling. Ocarina of Time: Bombchu.

The Two skins part?

Fierce Diety Link
Zora Link

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
I love this idea so much!

EDIT:I think projectile hits should not raise the meter and grabs and aerial clawshot should not either,so it is not op.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Most of the things your suggesting (mainly the Bombchu, different arrows, and boomerang item catching) are either to difficult to do for to little pay off or impossible all together. I do not believe it is possible to make new articles for characters so different arrows and Bombchus are a no go. Also, even if that was possible you can`t give costumes costume specific articles (Mario`s fireballs being an exception). I also hate this idea from a balance standpoint because (as you said yourself) you seem to only be suggesting this because you think it sounds cool on paper and not because it`s technically possible or a reasonable buff for a already great character.

As for your costume suggestions, Fierce Deity doesn`t have a shield and has a much longer sword and Zora Link would look odd unless they also added in Goron Link and Deku Link (which would cause animation and hitbox oddities). Also, each character (except Wario) can only have 10 costumes and Link already has 9 so you can`t put both in.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Then how did Brawl minus give both Link's different arrows Link can use normal or bomb with a random chance?

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Your probably right,I know nothing about hacks,but random switching is still good.

Maybe magic meter arrows...idk.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I still hate this idea from a balance standpoint as this would make Link way too over-powered. Link right now is good enough and we don`t need him ripping off Lucario`s unique mechanic.

\Apples

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like something that would fit much better with Toon Link. These mechanics feel pretty cartoony anyways. I have suggested that Tink have Fire and Ice arrows. Both combo, but differently. Ice freezes them in place like PK Freeze, Fire pops them up a bit like they already do. If they were random, it'd be more of a reactive mechanic. Alternatively, they could be strategic if they flip flop after each use (Fire > Ice > Fire > Ice > etc.).

Adding a magic meter sounds like way too much though. Like... this idea is really overscoped and unnecessary. It's very un-smash-like too (even Lucario's Aura System feels really cheesy and overly complex to me). Small changes.

TheHauntedSkull

Smash Rookie
Something to tell: Did anyone ever see a horizontal final cutter for Kirby coming? No. It was amazing when that came out. Did anybody see it possible to completely mix Toon Link, Young Link, and Smash 64 Link together to make a great character? Nope. So why does everybody think these things are impossible? It's like even though all these amazing people made PMelee, a "hack" that completely makes a whole new... Smash game basically, everybody says this stuff impossible. No one has faith! The only people that have faith are the ones that come up with the ideas. Honestly. I can clearly see this in my mind becoming a thing in PM. HONESTLY.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Something to tell: Did anyone ever see a horizontal final cutter for Kirby coming? No. It was amazing when that came out. Did anybody see it possible to completely mix Toon Link, Young Link, and Smash 64 Link together to make a great character? Nope. So why does everybody think these things are impossible? It's like even though all these amazing people made PMelee, a "hack" that completely makes a whole new... Smash game basically, everybody says this stuff impossible. No one has faith! The only people that have faith are the ones that come up with the ideas. Honestly. I can clearly see this in my mind becoming a thing in PM. HONESTLY.
The difference between those and this is, those things are technically possible and some of them have been achieved before, this is something that I know for a fact is not possible do to the limitations of the game.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
Why is it possible on Lucario and not Link?
A power meter is possible but Bombchus, different arrows, spin attack lasers, and boomerang drawing in items arn`t possible. I also think that this Lucario specific mechanic should stay a Lucario specific mechanic.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Oh ok so pretty much the only thing left is increase knockback and I guess effects like how the aura sphere goes really slow...that sucks.

I wanted more arrows.

Top Bottom