• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Suggestion] Let TL's Fsmash carry him off ledges!

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
Would probably need to include an IASA frame if he's still in the air, to allow recovery when doing this offstage.

+ Would add to Tink's flavor as an acrobatic Link
+ Organically allows additional mixups
+ Fixes the kinda silly looking current situation
+ Has 3 precedents - dash attacks of Kirby/Diddy/DK

- Maybe not super easy to program
- Jolteon is a poopoo head

Am I insane, or does this seem like a good/natural modification to Tink's kit?

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
That actually is not a bad idea. It even fits him as a character since you can do that in the 3D Zelda games.

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
I do not know what use that would actually have in gameplay. Maybe it would have niche combo use. Either way it would look cool.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
It'd be a good edgegaurding tool. Say someone is below the ledge, just F-Smash off the stage, hit them, then jump back up.

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
It'd be a good edgegaurding tool. Say someone is below the ledge, just F-Smash off the stage, hit them, then jump back up.
how far off would fmash be going then?

and just my two bits. but i think the arrows stuck in the ground would have a much greater effect on his stage control and give his arrows greater use if they had hitstun while still on the ground.

Last edited:

CyberZixx

Smash Lord
how far off would fmash be going then?

and just my two bits. but i think the arrows stuck in the ground would have a much greater effect on his stage control and give his arrows greater use if they had hitstun while still on the ground.
That arrow change in the one thing I would love to have for Tink. Only a small amout of hit stun like when the arrows themselves hit would really make those arrows a threat on the ground.

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
That arrow change in the one thing I would love to have for Tink. Only a small amout of hit stun like when the arrows themselves hit would really make those arrows a threat on the ground.
it would be like diddy's bananna's but not as easily placable and not as annoying. not like Tink would be hurt from having MORE stage control.
whynotboth.jpg

It's really not as if TL is in danger of suddenly climbing to the top of the tier list.
no, but boy would it make some match ups easier ^_^ (looking at you sonic)

B.W.

Smash Champion
If T.Link is gonna get an arrow change it needs to be more of a drop on the arrow when just tapping B. Basically more like Y.Link's arrows. It'd cover more space that way.

Stun on grounded fire arrows would be too good I'd think. The second they'd be stunned by the arrows you'd better bet a bomb or boomerang is going right after them. Everything would come together way too easily.

Wingman1106

Smash Rookie
I like the idea of arrows on the ground getting a little bit of stun. The dmg is nice, but it definatley feels a little wimpy. Maybe limit the # of arrows that can be in the ground at any given time?

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
I like the idea of arrows on the ground getting a little bit of stun. The dmg is nice, but it definatley feels a little wimpy. Maybe limit the # of arrows that can be in the ground at any given time?
Why bother, they last for no time at all as is, it's not likely there would ever be more than two on the ground at once.

PastLink

Smash Journeyman
the amount of time doesn't matter when toon link can keep shooting them to replace them quicker than diddy can his banannas. he's got bombs and rangs for air control, but the hitstun would be great to help his ground control. by the way, wimpy is the perfect word to describe it. thank you wingman.

Beethro

Smash Cadet
NNID
dernCereal
3DS FC
2621-3736-4780
stepping in fire sure would stun me

RunawayPanda

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NiftySSB
I definitely second the need for the arrows on the ground to have a bit of stun
I definitely wanna keep going with TL as my secondary

internetmovieguy

Smash Apprentice
If grounded fire arrows had stun
  • It would have a fixed knock back
  • Too short to combo into or hit confirm
  • Very low priority
Also, can Toon Link's bombs bounce off the arrows the same way they bounce off his boomerang?

GeZ

Smash Lord
I like Fsmash off ledge, but if you guys think that grounded arrows having stun is a good idea you must be high. It would be too difficult to manage and keep track of for the opponent while the Tink could keep placing them wherever they're convenient throughout the whole match. His projectile game takes some walling and good setups now, but with a little stun on fire arrows he could cover key parts of the ground game with easy item placement.

Imagine if he got the knockdown and then shot an arrow behind you varrying on how far your techroll goes? You just lost rolling backwards. It makes covering options way too easy.

Girth94

Smash Cadet
I like Fsmash off ledge, but if you guys think that grounded arrows having stun is a good idea you must be high. It would be too difficult to manage and keep track of for the opponent while the Tink could keep placing them wherever they're convenient throughout the whole match. His projectile game takes some walling and good setups now, but with a little stun on fire arrows he could cover key parts of the ground game with easy item placement.

Imagine if he got the knockdown and then shot an arrow behind you varrying on how far your techroll goes? You just lost rolling backwards. It makes covering options way too easy.
I agree that grounded arrows causing stun would be dumb as hell, but isn't Zelda capable of doing exactly what you just described?

GeZ

Smash Lord
I agree that grounded arrows causing stun would be dumb as hell, but isn't Zelda capable of doing exactly what you just described?
Zelda can't short hop hers and set it near immediately, and the rest of Zelda's tools don't necessarily cater to that same kind of coverage. It would be like being able to stick one of marios fireballs into the ground wherever you want at relative speed, which would be really tough to operate around.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
If grounded fire arrows had stun
  • It would have a fixed knock back
  • Too short to combo into or hit confirm
  • Very low priority
Also, can Toon Link's bombs bounce off the arrows the same way they bounce off his boomerang?

If grounded fire arrows had stun:
  • They would be decent for hit confirms (such as into F-Smash) while an opponent is trying to recover or get up from the ledge, in the least throwing hitboxes in their and disrupting the opponents flow
  • They would disrupt the general flow of the game slightly, which would help the Toon Link hinder the opponents gameplan
  • Could be placed on platforms to both put in-air hitboxes to deter approaches and grounded stun hitboxes to prevent platform-based approaches, helping Toon Link control the flow of the match and set up his camp (aka play his game).
  • It makes more sense than them not having stun.
I personally enjoy camping, traps, tricks, and covering options with tools. It would help Toon Link play more of a game in that direction, which to me makes the game better (campy styles should always be a character choice in games.)

I think Toon Link is bad enough to allow him to get this buff without making it "too easy", and as mentioned, Zelda basically already does this. Zelda's Din's Fires also last much longer than the fire arrows, are easier to place/control, and can set up camp in the air/etc, which imo makes them better than Toon Link's "arched" and grounded short-term arrows.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
All of ^that^ would be way too good. Platforms are freaking important and cutting that off at will would be insane stronk. I use platforms myself enough to imagine it being hellish to strike FD and then have the platforms on battlefield end up invalidated. It's a neat idea but the inherent control is much too much.

Frost | Odds

Puddings: 1 /// Odds: 0
It's significant that Toon Link is already probably well within the top half of characters in the game. IMO, any buffs should be secondary to the flavor/fun/mechanics that they add - such as the justifications provided for my original suggestion in the OP.

More than anything, hitstun on grounded arrows would just be really obnoxious to deal with, and not add a lot of fun for either player.

internetmovieguy

Smash Apprentice
It's significant that Toon Link is already probably well within the top half of characters in the game. IMO, any buffs should be secondary to the flavor/fun/mechanics that they add - such as the justifications provided for my original suggestion in the OP.

More than anything, hitstun on grounded arrows would just be really obnoxious to deal with, and not add a lot of fun for either player.
LET's all just admit the truth, we know toon link is top tier. We're just to busy having fun with him to play him seriously enough to prove it.

D

Deleted member

nope I'll kill myself first by fsmashing myself offstage

B.W.

Smash Champion
Lunchables confirmed for thinking original idea is silly.

Now answer original question.

Top Bottom