• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suggestion: add random to the lvl 1-9 skill level menu for CPU

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
As someone who plays mostly 1 vs 1 against the CPU, I think this would spice up playability a little bit. I usually just set the CPU at 7 or 8, then choose random and put the CPU on random. After the match is over and i go back to the CSS i start a new match with random character and stage.

In a nut shell, is it possible to add "random" to the CPU skill level scroll menu? the random would hopefully change the CPU's level to a random skill level for each new match.

What do you guys think?

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
IDK. I play against lv9 Random CPUs, why would I take a chance at fighting an easier opponent?

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
IDK. I play against lv9 Random CPUs, why would I take a chance at fighting an easier opponent?
because levels 6,7,8 are the closest you can get to a realistic opponent if you have no other option. And it will do nothing but help if you can mix it up.

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
I have seen posts like this before from other people. I have played against people with frame-perfect timing before. So what exactly is wrong with Lv9? Do people think they SD too much, or something? I know Jiggs does :awesome:

prisoner

Smash Cadet
I have seen posts like this before from other people. I have played against people with frame-perfect timing before. So what exactly is wrong with Lv9? Do people think they SD too much, or something? I know Jiggs does :awesome:
so, you don't find them inhuman at all while practicing?

Stunts

Smash Journeyman
so, you don't find them inhuman at all while practicing?
Well, I do. But for a different reason. Though its timing is very good when it comes to grabs and other things, they stick to a approach during a given situation, and only that approach. As long as they don't get lucky with hits that can lead to combos, the CPU (even at lv9) is very easy and exploitable. imo, it is always better to play against another person, since they dont always fall for the same trap over and over again. Even though my brother does not have the tech skill as a lv9 CPU, I always find him to be a harder opponent because of that.

But hey, they make good punching bags for practicing setups.
Even if they cant DI

a vehicle

Smash Apprentice
Random CPU lvl is useless for people like you and me if a lvl 9 can't take more than a stock from you or, if the CPU isn't playing mario or ness, they can't stock you at all.

If you have no one to play with, then what's the difference if you can't beat lvl 9s?

If anything developers should make CPUs even harder (add DI, stop that silly wavedash spam, and improve edge-guarding) to make it feel like you're actually playing against someone.

Top Bottom