• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SUBSPACE SEQUEL [Discussion]

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Ok so I decided to make this thread after going through 8 pages of the Story Mode & Adventure Mode Thread, which can be found here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=324442

I thought the thread would consist of plots for the next game, if included (it's a 50/50 chance it might or might not comeback), but it was primarly what SSE did wrong and how to improve upon it, now I did notice a couple post trying to get their story out & boss ideas, which is what this thread is for, What do you want see as far as what happens in the sequel or maybe even prequel to the next Subspace story mode, who do you want to see Join up, who do you want to see battle against each other, how will the story end, all according to your own roster since we don't have one, Maybe the story will included Ballon Fighter & Pac-Man joining up to fight Mario & Megaman, or possibly Krystal helps the Star Fox crew defeat Wolf once & for all. Who will be the Bosses of the game, whose the enemy, what places do you want included in the game (me personally want the mushroom king with Peach's Castle & maybe Luigi's mansion since the second game is coming soon). Express your ideas or own story plot.

A couple examples from me to start this thread off:

Baby Bros are somehow separated from Yoshi in the Jungle & stumbles upon Shadow Mario also known as Bowser Jr., Baby Luigi curiously approaches Bowser Jr., & Bowser swings his Graffetti Staff as he turns around to see who is interupting his graffetti art, knocking Baby Luigi down & angering Baby Mario, Inciating the battle between Baby Bros. & Bowser Jr/Shadow Mario., After you beat Bowser Jr. the cutscene shows the three still battling until Donkey Kong & Diddy Kong comes to their rescue causing Bowser Jr. to flee in his Clown Cup.

I also want to see Assist Trophies be apart of the storyline, not playable, but there for a more character heavy storyline.

Shortly after the battle between Sonic & Dillion vs Shadow, we find ourselves in the mushroom kingdom where both Bowser's & Peach's castles are under attack by Grocks (From Dillions Rolling Western, you see where this is going right?) They are fighting them off to the best of the abilitys until they notice the Mega Grock(BOSS) entering the Kingdom, As Bowser & Peach are in shock, Dillion & Sonic come to the rescue spining onto the scene after being teleported by Shadow using chaos control, which starts the Boss Battle Between the Mega Grock & Sonic, Dillion, Peach, & Bowser.

The Great Invasion's Sequel "The Great War" The characters reunite at this desert-like plain simular to the the field inwhich Ike, Meta Knight & Marth fought in, in SSE. The War then begins between the enemy & Shadow is the leader of this army. Fox manuvers the battle field in his landmaster, while Falco strikes from the sky in his Arwing. Kirby once again abuses the Dragoon's power & wipesout many enemies. Now in control of the Halberd once again, Meta Knight enters dropping off a couple late comers to the battle including Samus, Megaman, & Snake who blasts through the crowd of enemies flawlessly. Shadow with his attention now drawn, brings down the Halberd by himself, the crash is inevitable causing a great explosion. As the smoke clears everyone seems to be inside of shadow world (simular to the final stage in Subspace, Subspace itself) with no way out. Out of nowhere Dr. Eggman waltz out of the shadows informing everyone that they are all trapped in a world shadow created (see what I did there, Eggman created shadow...can you say canon). He further details that after the demise of Tabuu, he began to "work" on the hollow shell that use to be Tabuu. Tabuu slowly fades in from the shadows ten times as strong as he was before, clearly non of our characters are no match for him, Eggman backs away. Out of the blue a giant shadow flys over our characters.....CRAZY Hand forges war against Tabuu. C.H. Is only able to hold Tabuu off, because even he is nearly a match for him, then suddenly we are greeted with the return of MASTER Hand. A battle then rises & for the first time ever, you will be able to Battle alongside Master & Crazy Hand in a 3 on 1 (Stamina maybe...idk) Boss Battle. After defeating Tabuu, The Hand Bros. rip open a hole in the shadows allowing our heros to escape, they then close it staying behind. The shadows slowly shrink & break into particles & vanishing into thin air. Dr. Eggman tries to sneak away unnoticed but Snake stops him in his tracks as the iconic MGS ! rises above Eggman's head. Eggman pleads to Shadow to save him, but Shadow rebels against his "creator" & refuses his plea, Eggman then tries to escape on his hoovering machine, but Link & Pit manages to strike it with their arrows bringing it down, thus Dr. Eggaman is captured. Thus leading into the ending.

Just a few (but LONG) events I came up with post your own & discuss with others on each ideas for the Subspace Sequel.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
NO!

I don't want that thing to get a sequel. Lose the OC stuff and we'll talk.

:phone:

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't have to be a sequel, it can be a completely orignal storyline, I just thought a Sequel or Prequel would be favored more than starting an entirely new story
Kuma didn't clearly read the original post. I think his concern is a "sub space" sequel, which results automatically in OC storyline not a true cross over story. I think it'd be best kuma if you read the post

Or if mudkipz changes the title to "Adventure Mode" or something. Since SSE title gives bad vibes in the community, me included

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
Kuma didn't clearly read the original post. I think his concern is a "sub space" sequel, which results automatically in OC storyline not a true cross over story. I think it'd be best kuma if you read the post

Or if mudkipz changes the title to "Adventure Mode" or something. Since SSE title gives bad vibes in the community, me included
Might Change the name, but Adventure mode is already taken, so is Story mode..so I'll think of something if it becomes a big problem in this thread

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Long ago the many regions were in relentless conflict, fighting over territory like Yoshi's Island and Kongo Jungle, the Mushroom Kingdom, even the entire Lylat galaxy wasn't safe from this neverending war. Eventually the inhabitants of these lands decided the best way to settle land disputes was with a friendly fighting tournament. Whatever locale was up for grabs ( Delfino Plaza, Corneria, Eldin), Boundaries were set around it. The nations would send their best warriors to enter these tournaments, the fighters competed by attempting to knock their opponents out of the boundary, and the last warrior within the boundaries won the land for their people.
It was a relatively peaceful competition and every year the land went up for grabs again and the competition for it began anew. This system actually worked out and the nations were able to live together in relative harmony. That is, until a dark malevolent force began working in the shadows. The warriors had to team up against the being Tabuu to reclaim the lost lands.

So thats a recap of Subspace Emissary more or less.

After this brave feat of heroism, all the nations were able to live together in peace for 5 years. (Or however many years it takes for the next smash bros to come out)
The fighting tournaments continued, but were now friendly competitions, even incorporating use of non lethal weapons like Bob-ombs and beam swords to up the entertainment.

Basically you are able to play as any of the fighters you have unlocked. You move around the various Nintendo Regions like Hyrule and Skyworld as you would in a 2-D sidescrolling platformer. In between towns you encounter NPC's like goombas and koopas who may attack you. But when you reach a major place like Castle Town, you are able to enter into shops to purchase Music,Weapons, Powerups, or you can talk to the residents and take on missions. (Think "Metroidvania"...or Zelda II gameplay)
You can enter fighting tournaments for cash or simply explore the town for hidden goodies. (Like Smash Attack a Dumpster and a trophy pops out)

This adventure mode is just a fun open world exploration game using the smash bros engine. I can't really think how it would tie into Tabuu raising from the dead and wreakling havoc again. Maybe yer chilling in Skyworld when some guards rush panickly. You explore the commotion and see Medusa launching an assault along with Bowser and Ganon or something like that. Master Hand comes to the rescue but is stopped by Crazy Hand. I'd like to see the Hand Bros begin a battle that drags in the good and evil characters. Good being with Master Hand and Evil siding With Crazy Hand. This conflict results in the rising of Tabuu again. Fueled by the chaos. Thus the good and evil team up against their common enemy, Tabuu.

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
Subspace's biggest problems were the lack of enemies and environments from the games it crossed over. Along with Master Hand's tiny role and Crazy Hand's complete absence. It was also awkward using a fighting game engine to make a plaformer. I don't want anything like the Subspace Army and Tabuu again.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I'd prefer a remake of the original story. Keep the same basic structure, but incorporate the newer characters. Bring in the Space Pirates, and have computers with downloadable "logs" that can expand the backstory.

I'd personally like to see Subspace revamped - now, characters from the World of Trophies can't enter Subspace or they'll automatically revert to trophies. The Dedede badges, instad of reviving trophified characters, now allows characters from the W.o.T. to traveled safely into Subspace. But that's just me.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Way less originals is what I'm looking for for Smash 4's Adventure Mode. An adventure like the Subspace Emissary can easily work out, if done smart.

Hypercat-Z

Smash Lord
I'm for an original and unrelated story too.
Here are two Icipts I came with it:

1) Dr. Eggman and Dr. Wily, during contemporaneonus failing experiments, happen to accidentally meet online.
After the realization they are speaking from different universes, they start to explore this multiverse things and they found a way to get rid of both their blue enemies by trapping them in another universe.
Their plan works pretty fine but happen to open doors from that universe to other universes.

2) Every year several universes overlap in a single point called The Super Smash Zone. After getting used to this (it's supposed to have happened since many years, beyond our actual knowledge), the strongest characters of each universe decided to use this opportunity to confrot each other in combat.
But this year something weird happens: a force field is going to surround all the Super Smash Zone, and if it doesn't disappear before the ends of the universe overlapping, the pieces of the different universe will disconnect from their rest and will remain stuck together forever.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
UGHHH I totally forgot about Dr. Wily, it would be awesome if him & Eggman joined forces...IN EVILLLL
but if that was the case I would have to add either Protoman or Zero to the roster of characters, which is *shruggs* not bad...anywhooos

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
While the two doctors play with their multiuniversal skype, Slippy should somehow hop onto their frequency and screw around with them...then Otacon, then Quote, then K. Rool? The computers explode from the rapidly joining franchises and the electric discharge drags them into the same dimension.

D

Deleted member

Here's an idea; open it when you have unlocked all characters so the SSE can be more than a "use it to unlock characters in less than a week!" system.

More subspace? That's a no from me.

The amount of time and effort put towards subspace can be used to emphasize on the core aspect of the game: Multiplayer. All of the stages, backgrounds, enemies and characters made in Subspace could have easily been additional multiplayer content, instead we got that repackaged as a clone of Kirby Super Star with awkward controls.

dlbpc

Smash Apprentice
If there's another adventure mode on the scale of Subspace again, I'd like it if the subspace army and every other dumb original character is excluded. Except the Hands. There are so many series to draw from, but instead we got a few Mario and Kirby enemies and the rest were weird purple goo monsters. And Tabuu the Final Fantasy reject shows up out of nowhere as the real final boss. Next time, actually use the series that are crossing over. Have the space pirates, kremlings, underworld army, etc. as the enemies.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
If there's another adventure mode on the scale of Subspace again, I'd like it if the subspace army and every other dumb original character is excluded. Except the Hands. There are so many series to draw from, but instead we got a few Mario and Kirby enemies and the rest were weird purple goo monsters. And Tabuu the Final Fantasy reject shows up out of nowhere as the real final boss. Next time, actually use the series that are crossing over. Have the space pirates, kremlings, underworld army, etc. as the enemies.
That's pretty much what I had in mind myself.

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
I agree, the enemies & bosses in subspace seemed to be pulled out of nowhere like they ran out of ideas, not saying the designs & characters themself were bad, just that if you're pulling all these franchises together you should be able to bring different enemies & bosses from these franchises & incorporate them in this round table of Nintendo super stars

jigglover

Smash Lord
The sub-space original enemies were a let-down, but that's beside the point, since I for one enjoyed it and have played through it a lot of times.
The thing that lots of people don't understand about a story mode is that the characters in smash bros. are from completely different times and worlds, and now they have to connect them. Name 5 similarities between samus and marth. They're from different times, worlds and planets.

In the sub-space, I think that Yoshi and Link meeting made the most sense by far. Most of the other meetings were literally just them turning up, like the two captains, falcon literally just rode in in his blue falcon and killed a load of Olimar's pikmin.
In the new adventure mode, they really need the meetings between characters to make sense like Link's and Yoshi's, and a lot less of them just appearing in some other person's world for no apparent reason.

For the new story, I was thinking something like this:
The heroes are chasing Ganondorf through a forest, and Ganondorf finds a secret place in the forest which seems like a good place to hide. This turns out to be Zoroarks home, and he was right behing Zorua, his child. Since Zoroark is incredibly protective of his child (which is from Pokemon) and he threatens Ganondorf to a battle. Ganondorf keeps Zoroark talking as he tries to make a plan in his mind. The heroes, who are stalking Ganondorf, see him talking to Zoroark, but are too far away too hear. They think that they are discussing plans, and attack them! Zoroark wildly tries to protect Zorua, since he has no idea who these people are. Since they attacked Zoroark, he obviously thinks that they're terrible people. Ganondorf picks up on this, and tells Zoroark that he was trying to escape from them and it was all a mistake. Zoroark, knowing how bad the people are, or thinking he does, then joins Ganondorf like he offered, since he promised that they can take the bad people down because they want to hurt Zorua, his child. Zoroark ends up being a villain, combatting the heroes from their perspective, but in fact Zroark thinks that he is combatting the villains, and Zoroark is the hero.
Of course, we know the truth.

I could come up with ideas like this (if I'm bored) and post them here, but I might not. If you're unsure why this is good, it shows why Zoroark is a villain, almost like a flash back in the present time, it would add depth to the story as well, since you would be able to play as Zoroark only while he is a villain, since he is in fact a protagonist, so we get a look at what it's like to be a villain!

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
When SSE was revealed during Pre-Brawl. I expected something like Melee's adventure mode, just bigger and better. Boy was i disappointed, i hope they DON'T revisit the SSE fiasco in SSB4. But instead they focus on Melee adventure mode material.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
The problem with Melee's Adventure Mode is that you have to play it up to at least 25 times to get everything from it, which is quite repetitive.

At least for the Subspace Emissary, you only have to play it once to get all the characters, and twice to get all the cinemas; if you save Zelda from Petey first, for the second run, save Peach instead; for the Meta Knight vs. Lucario battle, if you used Meta Knight on the first run, for the second run, use Lucario instead.

smashmanx7

Smash Journeyman
Sse was pretty good for their first try sure it had its flaws but it was much better than melee's which was alot like classic mode but with two enemy's from different games Mario and Zelda.

I had an idea that after subspace emissary crazy hand tried to resurrect master hand and ended up unlocking a crazy ancient curse or a great evil something like that. I'd like it if they took examples from several side -scrolling platformers like DK,Mario,Kirby,Megaman, etc. I'd also like to see the rest of the smash world I always assumed subspace emissary took place in some continent

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
The problem with the enemies (That I liked) is that they were rip-offs of the original,instead of the original.I could look at some of them and definitly realise what they copy.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
I am waiting for something similar to Sonic Generations plot. Many dimensions sucked up by a mysterious superdimensional being that is possessing villian characters, controlling their armies and disturbing the order of game dimensions.

Considering that Sakurai always makes stories with secret final enemies (Nightmare, Marx, Tabuu, Hades), in an advanced point of story, the main characters should discover that the superdimensional being is a robot created by a hacker player in order to control the game and spread anarchy.

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
Make different paths!!!
For example: Mario is on a bad situation, he must save Peach or Luigi! Depending of who he saves, all the rest of the story will change, not like Peach/Zelda in Petey Piranha's cages, but really different routes, a more dept change in story, chacacters fights, everything! This could be awesome and makes playing the Subspace's second playthrough more...uh.......

The problem with Melee's Adventure Mode is that you have to play it up to at least 25 times to get everything from it, which is quite repetitive.
Now imagine this with at least 40 chacacters...

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Eh, I for one did not mind the original enemies, but I do agree that the Subspace Saga should stay in Brawl.

For SSB4's adventure mode, they could have a bunch of Nintendo villains, most, if not all, of whom are not playable characters, team up, except this time they are actually working together now instead of being tricked by some malevolent entity.

[COLLAPSE="Some villains I had in mind"]Wart (Super Mario Bros.)
King K. Rool (Donkey Kong)
Demise (The Legend of Zelda)
Meta Ridley (Metroid)
Medusa (Kid Icarus)
0² (Kirby)
Andross (Star Fox)
Black Shadow (F-Zero)
Mewtwo (Pokémon)
Medeus (Fire Emblem)
Porky (Mother/Earthbound)
[/COLLAPSE]

Every one of the villains could command their own lackeys (i.e. Wart has his army of Shy Guys, Birdos, Mousers, Crabs, and Hydras. King K. Rool has his Kremlings. Meta Ridley has his space pirates. Medusa has her Underworld Army. Medeus has his army of dragons. And so on)

The villains, with their combined power, could develop a device that allows them to brainwash and control other trophies. The only way to cure a brainwashed character is to defeat them and turn them into a trophy, then revive them. Anyway, the villains plan to use this magical, mechanical device to conquer the World of Trophies. Eventually, the good guys find out there is once again evil afoot. As things get hectic, some of the villains become irrational and begin to turn on each other, resulting in their downfall. However, a few of the more powerful villains stick together, becoming the final bosses.

Each protagonist ends up fighting and ultimately defeating the villain from their respective franchise (i.e. Mario, Luigi, and Princess Toadstool defeat Wart. Link and Zelda defeat Demise and Ganondorf. Kirby, Meta Knight, and Dedede defeat 0². Pit, accompanied by one or two allies from different series, defeats Medusa. The Fire Emblem heroes defeat Medeus. The "space animals" defeat Andross. And so on).

If Sora gets in the game (even though that is highly unlikely), I could really see him teaming up with Jigglypuff and Toon Link.

Super FOG

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FOG2006
3DS FC
4253-3752-2801
Better than a Subspace sequel, I would prefer an Adventure Mode featuring Captain N! And following my previous suggestions.

Sage of Ice

Smash Ace
NNID
SageofIce
i actually liked the blend of original enemies and baddies from other franchises, but i'd rather they switched the ratio: the new creations should be the minority, not the overwhelming majority. the generic landscapes didn't bother me at all, but it would be neat to see some with more of a nintendo flavor; ex: triforces and hylian glyphs would have been a nice touch on the walls of the ruins.

just as long as it's nothing like melee's so-called "adventure mode." there were what, two and a half actual adventure stages? and the rest was all modified versions of regular fights. yaaaawn.

Top Bottom