• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Style Can Equal Mindgames? (Also IC help pls)

H0mew0rk

Smash Rookie
NNID
NFEEMNOMM
So I was playing Ganondorf the other day and was also watching a lot of different Ganon mains (Bizz, Kage, Eikelmann, etc.) and I feel like wavelanding a lot and using what would be considered "style" is actually some of the best mind games. Are the any more mind games you can do vs. Ice Climbers? I feel like Ganon has a good matchup vs IC and I want to learn more about how that matchup is for Ganon and what tools he can use to make the matchup a bit easier (aside from not getting grabbed)

Ninjagamer1234

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ninjagamer1234
Ganon is very efficient at getting rid of Nana IMO, so the wave-land into moonwalk I think is very useful against the icees, also u-air is your best friend in this matchup IMO

H0mew0rk

Smash Rookie
NNID
NFEEMNOMM
Ganon is very efficient at getting rid of Nana IMO, so the wave-land into moonwalk I think is very useful against the icees, also u-air is your best friend in this matchup IMO
Thanks man I don't know if you have heard of Glitch but he is a really good Ice Climbers player from AZ and he whomped me as Falcon and Falco so I just wanna have fun with Ganon tbh. I think the more fun I have the better I will do.

Ninjagamer1234

Smash Cadet
NNID
Ninjagamer1234
Thanks man I don't know if you have heard of Glitch but he is a really good Ice Climbers player from AZ and he whomped me as Falcon and Falco so I just wanna have fun with Ganon tbh. I think the more fun I have the better I will do.
Oh one thing I forgot, Dair "Bizzaro" combos are also VERY effective in this match I would recommend watching Bizzaro Flame VS Fly Animita, he does pretty well until Fly Counter picks FD

MCDMars

Smash Rookie
The whole style can equal mindgames thing is legit, but you gotta earn it. If you get ahead using style, that crushes an opponents mindset and makes you seem way more elusive than you actually are. A lot of Ganons ground moves are slow, and he's slow himself, but he seems a lot more unavoidable once you get off a few nice punishes. Make them fear you, basically.

I remember one time having an even game until I got a wizards foot spike on a Falcon. Put him right on tilt lol

Top Bottom