• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stutter Stepping for Falco

Kazon

Smash Cadet
ok, after reading this topic in the tactic discussion:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=186420

im a little bit confused, does Stutter Stepping actually work for falco? i always thought so, but nobody mentioned Falco there...

and do i actually do Stutter Stepping right? i used to dash in one direction and during the initial dash animation i smashed to the other direction...

hope, someone can help me =)

bebar

Smash Cadet
Its ok for mind games, but i personally dont like it. Its just gives more opportunities to trip.

Kazon

Smash Cadet
Its ok for mind games, but i personally dont like it. Its just gives more opportunities to trip.
yeah of course, but that doesnt answer my questions:

-does it work for Falo or is there no noticable increase of the range?

-and do i stutter stup right? (dashing away from the other player and than smashing towards him)

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Hi, I come from the Mario boards =]

You're going too in depth into stutter stepping.. It's not that "advance", it's pretty much common sense.. smash in the opposite direction and gain a lil extra range, due to the character stepping forward in the turn around animation. Choose Mario, forward smash, note where the lil fire thingy is. Turn around, and then forward smash in the opposite direction(same direction as before hand), and note the extra distance.

Binx

Smash Master
Oh I see now, okay wow, who knew it was that simple lol. Thanks, I havn't experimented much with it but I was wondering why it would work , its just a dif animation with a different hit box for reverse smashes then, wowsa.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Kanzaki talks about an increase in range due to a step when doing a reverse smash, but he mains mario, from what i recently saw, only sonic, mario, C. Falcon, and Ganondorf gain (noticeable) distance in their Forward smash when using this tech

I knew about mario and sonic from just randomly playing them here and there but CF and Ganon are news to me. I'm not saying these are for sure the only chars, it's just what i recently saw in the brawl tactical discussion section.

I main Falco and have never noticed an increase in his Forward smash's range when using this, and since i rarely ever play mario or sonic yet noticed it for them, i'd say it isnt something you should focus on getting into your gameplay. Even if it does add a tiny bit of range that i havent noticed, it also increases the chances of tripping.

Top Bottom