• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stupidest (and or smartest) things you've seen the CPU's do

Young Rinku

Smash Cadet
I'm in need of a good laugh, and listening to these always does the trick.
I'm not sure what's the dumbest thing the AI will do: plummet to their death with badly timed and placed fairs, use terrible recovery methods, or what.
They can be brilliant at times though.
Using meteor smashes at the edge to hinder your recovery, completely powersheilding and perfect shielding everything thats thrown at them, or with Fox, actually pseudo-shine spiking you if you try to recovery with Illusion or Phantasm aimed at them.

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Continue to shield as you spam blaster with Fox, breaking their shield and allowing them to kill you. It's how I won Classic Mode on Very Hard I think haha when I was younger

Mr. Jam

Smash Apprentice
If a CPU is on a platform and you are below it, you can charge it fully and eventually they'll come down. They won't even try to dodge it.

It also works with rest.

Mr. Jam

Smash Apprentice
But overall this is THE ABSOLUTE DUMBEST THING A computer's ever done to me.

On that event match with Pikachu, where you can only kill with pokeballs, If you use Samus and mash down b right next to pikachu, pikachu will literally shield until it's shield breaks which is hilarious for two reasons.

1. Avoiding a shield break is super easy.

2. THE DOWN B WONT EVEN DAMAGE PIKACHU EVEN IF IT HITS IN THIS EVENT MATCH

Seriously try it. It's funny.

Young Rinku

Smash Cadet
But overall this is THE ABSOLUTE DUMBEST THING A computer's ever done to me.

On that event match with Pikachu, where you can only kill with pokeballs, If you use Samus and mash down b right next to pikachu, pikachu will literally shield until it's shield breaks which is hilarious for two reasons.

1. Avoiding a shield break is super easy.

2. THE DOWN B WONT EVEN DAMAGE PIKACHU EVEN IF IT HITS IN THIS EVENT MATCH

Seriously try it. It's funny.
Just tried it.
I lol'd hard.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
One time, Luigi Karate chopped me while playing Captain Falcon. It was probably the most epic KO I've ever seen

Mr. Jam

Smash Apprentice
Axe has some videos of him being wrecked by comps. Their quite funny actually

alphabattack

Smash Apprentice
At the edge shine into jab reset into forward smash. I just sort of out down my controller and stopped playing. Level. 1. CPU.

sunshinesan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
sunshinesan
3DS FC
2836-1118-8472
A CPU, can't remember which character, meteored me and actually got back onto the stage. Usually they don't even jump off and spam jabs or grabs, or if they do somehow jump down, they are most certainly going to die. This one did neither and I was impressed.

Young Rinku

Smash Cadet
I've always found I funny that they can perfectly predict where you're gonna end up when using Vanish, Farore's Wind, and the like to recover, and then just straight up grab you out of it.

Mr. Jam

Smash Apprentice
Holy crap I was just playing YL dittos and I SD'd and the young link boomerang canceled it's taunt in the knick of time so I didn't get a punish

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
Actually while messing around versus a CPU recently, he faked out his dash into a grab which I just was not expecting at all haha

STiCKYBULL3TZ

Smash Ace
NNID
STiCKYBULL3TZ
3DS FC
2036-9005-7675
A CPU, can't remember which character, meteored me and actually got back onto the stage. Usually they don't even jump off and spam jabs or grabs, or if they do somehow jump down, they are most certainly going to die. This one did neither and I was impressed.
Mario is definitely good for stuff like that. He'll chase you off the stage and attempt a fair. It looks madd legit when he actually gets it.

First time I experienced the CPU Fox/Falco combo (down throw to Dsmash or shine) I realized Fox and Falco were probably a force to be reckoned with. Lol I was about 12 and had no clue about tiers

JKJ

Smash Ace
One time, a level 3 Mario SH Baired into perfect waveland Fsmash to edgeguard me

Alakaslam

Smash Ace
The Epic of Pikachu

I, Pikachu, was stuck in some sort of telemorphing contest trap, in which I was randomly teleported across worlds, whence I could conquer; resulting in my immediate teleportation to the next world.

First I was brought into battle with a dim but good natured young man clad in green. Given my suspicions of his sword I took advantage of his passivity and quickly vanquished him.

Next, a team of 18 dinosaurs made of paper mâché bum rushed me three at a time. I was untouched; I moved on.

Then came the first struggle, a skilled fox upon his warship. As I observed his minions following him into space for rescue, I moved on...

And so I battled, facing a myriad of foes. Until it happened...

I found myself on tall skyscrapers, facing one of my own. A haze surrounded us; there was no return to our masters below. I beseeched my brother, "let us not engage in warfare, forsooth it is beneath us to engage in such savagery against our own"

He replied, "however, the situation is such that here we must remain until one of us should fall; Therefore I say unto you, better thou than I!" And he rushed to land a blow.

With a tear in my eye, I easily dodged under his assault and made for a helipad, in hopes that the masters could pass through this void and teach my crazed brother reason. "Nay, friend!" I cried, "I would not land a blow upon thee!"

But his mind was made up, and he surmounted an obstacle, saying "It is over, fool! I have the high ground! Know ye that I wish thou no ill, but only am dishonorable; would but that we could travel together I would fight at your side!" In desperation and sadness, I ducked, awaiting the blow...

That never came. He jumped too far, leapt back over the pad, trying to land an attack, missed, and proceeded to use the arcane magiks of our recovery with great skill, expecting to land just on the ledge so as not to be a target of my thunder (for I was crouched, well prepared to initiate this powerful strike).

However since he was unwilling to go higher, he once again overshot the ledge and fell to his doom. Weeping, I observed my scores, taunting me in their irony:
"Pacifist"
"Ninja"
"Speedster"
"Smash-less"
"Jackpot"

So on...

(To be continued)
Smash 64 campaign. Pikachu will suicide if you use a short character and duck on the helipad. There are other ways to get him to suicide but this one fit story reasons.

I DO have an epilogue, if it is amusing

Last edited:

HoldMahBeer

Smash Rookie
NNID
HoldMahBeer
I remember one time I was doing a 1 vs 3 game, myself facing 3 level 9 computers, with items. I grabbed a hammer and they all huddled up on one platform of the stage and stood there as I proceeded to attack them.

Young Rinku

Smash Cadet
The Epic of Pikachu

I, Pikachu, was stuck in some sort of telemorphing contest trap, in which I was randomly teleported across worlds, whence I could conquer; resulting in my immediate teleportation to the next world.

First I was brought into battle with a dim but good natured young man clad in green. Given my suspicions of his sword I took advantage of his passivity and quickly vanquished him.

Next, a team of 18 dinosaurs made of paper mâché bum rushed me three at a time. I was untouched; I moved on.

Then came the first struggle, a skilled fox upon his warship. As I observed his minions following him into space for rescue, I moved on...

And so I battled, facing a myriad of foes. Until it happened...

I found myself on tall skyscrapers, facing one of my own. A haze surrounded us; there was no return to our masters below. I beseeched my brother, "let us not engage in warfare, forsooth it is beneath us to engage in such savagery against our own"

He replied, "however, the situation is such that here we must remain until one of us should fall; Therefore I say unto you, better thou than I!" And he rushed to land a blow.

With a tear in my eye, I easily dodged under his assault and made for a helipad, in hopes that the masters could pass through this void and teach my crazed brother reason. "Nay, friend!" I cried, "I would not land a blow upon thee!"

But his mind was made up, and he surmounted an obstacle, saying "It is over, fool! I have the high ground! Know ye that I wish thou no ill, but only am dishonorable; would but that we could travel together I would fight at your side!" In desperation and sadness, I ducked, awaiting the blow...

That never came. He jumped too far, leapt back over the pad, trying to land an attack, missed, and proceeded to use the arcane magiks of our recovery with great skill, expecting to land just on the ledge so as not to be a target of my thunder (for I was crouched, well prepared to initiate this powerful strike).

However since he was unwilling to go higher, he once again overshot the ledge and fell to his doom. Weeping, I observed my scores, taunting me in their irony:
"Pacifist"
"Ninja"
"Speedster"
"Smash-less"
"Jackpot"

So on...

(To be continued)
Smash 64 campaign. Pikachu will suicide if you use a short character and duck on the helipad. There are other ways to get him to suicide but this one fit story reasons.

I DO have an epilogue, if it is amusing
It is indeed amusing!
Please go on.

Also, I was just playing a level 7 Mario on Dream Land who wall jumped to save himself from UNDER THE STAGE, and caped me when I was edgeguarding him.
Just
What

Last edited:

20YY SS | Saiblade

Obviously not biased towards Falco
3DS FC
3239-4949-5301
Fighting a random Jiggs when it kept shielding my SHL until it's shield broke, resulting in instant KO.

Young Rinku

Smash Cadet
So I played a level 9 Link in Fight Club on Temple as Sheik, and he just did the most legit thing I've seen a CPU do with my own eyes.
He LEGIT Moonwalked for a good 3 seconds.
I'm not making this up WHATSOEVER.
Pack it up, Melee CPU's confirmed for too good.

Abaddun

Smash Cadet
So one day im just grinding out tech skill on BF against a lvl 1 G&W...he walks up to me while i was spamming multishines then 9s me..it was both our last stock top...when that result screen popped up, i stared at it for a solid minute, turned off my cube, went outside, and did 9 pushups...ggs

Top Bottom