• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stupid shield.

Gindler

Smash Champion
So from when I've been playing I've noticed yoshi's shield is constantly broken through and the smash attacks hit me. Does yoshi's shield just not come into effectiveness as fast as other characters? Because I'm starting to get tired of pulling up a shield and having see it break as soon as the smash hits me.

Carouselambra

Smash Rookie
I too have noticed his shield is kinda weak, and broken by many attacks that can make playing really frustrating. For the most part, I don't put up the shield to take the hit. Instead, I just dodge as much as possible. Timing is critical, and if they are smashing you often have enough time to break out of the dodge and into a quick hit while they are recovering.

Gindler

Smash Champion
Ah, that makes sense. I guess i should ditch trying to shield and start trying to spot dodge, thanks for the tip. Well I guess I was used to his melee shield that kicked booty but I guess they figured since he's the only character that can't be shield stabbed (exposed body parts getting hit while shielding) that they had to make his shield weaker.

Top Bottom