• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stupid blue bird

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
Hey, i have been studying the shiek vs. falco matchup and have learned alot of different things but i am still having a really hard time. A lot of combo starters involve the dash attack with is pretty tricky to hit considering falcos are always freaking out and blinking and ****. If anyone has advice please give me some.....preferably bad*** shieks like drephen

brickman

Smash Lord
First of all approaches are tricky against Falco. After playing against one every day for almost a year now, you learn a few things.

First of all, use the dash attack SPARINGLY, it will often be shielded into a grab combo or straight into a pillar shine combo. What you are going to want to do is maneuver around them charging up your needles and working spacing and power-shielding their lasers. Once you have a good amount of needles you can needle storm to a grab or down smash.

Once you have them down on the ground from your attack, tech chase/punish them. Find their tech pattern and take advantage of it. Make sure to change up your approaches to it so that you yourself do not become predictable. If you do you are going to get pillar shined for your moneys worth. If you do get pillared and shined make sure to DI away and tech away. Don't let them get that easy 70% on you, make them pay.

If you are playing correctly they should be dead at no more than 80%, while you yourself(assuming you can tech, double sticky tech correctly) should live to about 190%. Master the power shield timing for their pillar and laser, it will make their approaches a lot harder to time. Mix up power shielding with not power shielding to throw them off. Playing Sheik against Falco is a lot of focus on strategy combined with a sufficient understanding of how Falco moves, and the timing of his moves.

These are some of the basic things you should know in order to defeat a Falco player. Sorry I'm not know, and therefore lack credibility, but I hope you find some of my advice helpful.

__HARM__

Smash Journeyman
i really appreciate your advice thanks, yea your right about getting punished for the dash, its sucks because it leads into so many combos for shiek to **** falco. I think i need to study how falco moves and get more into a falcos players mind so i can predict there movements a little better. An your definitly right about learning tech patterns.

soap

Smash Hero
if they like to waveshine to the back of your shield, sh a dair after the first shine,

also the dash attack is realy useful to get under lasers, when they start to catch on and shoot low lasers sh over it and come down with a fair

Top Bottom