• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stun Lock

Evolution1988

Smash Rookie
I've just started playing ZSS and absolutely love her... she's the only character I've been playing over the last week or so, because I want to try and get amazing with her. That said I had a question about a combo I haven't tried yet...

Is it possible to stun-lock with zss? What I mean is, can you stun them with the gun or the d-smash, then d-tilt, stun, d-tilt, stun, d-tilt, etc. to create a sort of lock on the opponent?

Also, I haven't seen any kind of ZSS Guide on the forums... why doesn't ZSS have one like the other characters do?

James Sparrow

Smash Master
You can chain stuns on certain fat or fast falling characters to a certain point. there's a different thread that covers each character and how effective it is. Something I like to do is just spam the dsmash after I connect with one. At low-mid percent you can get 2 off and follow up with up - b or u smash when they pop up in the air. At mid-high you can spam probably like 3 dsmashes and then jump above them and get ready to bair them when they pop up.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I've just started playing ZSS and absolutely love her... she's the only character I've been playing over the last week or so, because I want to try and get amazing with her. That said I had a question about a combo I haven't tried yet...

Is it possible to stun-lock with zss? What I mean is, can you stun them with the gun or the d-smash, then d-tilt, stun, d-tilt, stun, d-tilt, etc. to create a sort of lock on the opponent?

Also, I haven't seen any kind of ZSS Guide on the forums... why doesn't ZSS have one like the other characters do?
Dtilt wouldn't work at all, because it puts your opponents way in the air. Ftilt would work sometimes if the stun didn't put your opponent in the air, thus making them immune to forced trips, but even then it would be unreliable.

The only stun lock that really works is on Fox, whom you can just Dsmash > Dsmash > ad nauseum up to around 90%. There was a thread about this somewhere around here.

A ZSS guide has been made, but the guy in charge of it must be busy, or something because it hasn't been updated, and I think people have sort of lost interest. It would be kind of a lost cause anyway, since Zamus' metagame has changed drastically in the last two months. It involves a lot of changes in the way you think about Smash. Nothing earth-shattering, but still little changes that wouldn't make sense if you didn't know the character.

Top Bottom