• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Stuff that ends in fair..... A Sheik Social Thread!

Scroll

Smash Ace
Premium
Yea, we also have a dedicated thread for it.
What's your skype? I'll add you

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Sup guys. I've been labbing alot with Sheik lately and have used her in a few friendlies to counter a friend's Samus since my Ganon wasn't doing so hot on him (which worked out quite a well), and after getting the hang of her movement, I feel like my handling with her has surpassed my Ganon and I plan on making her my main. I hit up the lab during the summer for around 15-30 minutes a day, and I feel like I got her SHFFLs, tech-chases, grab string followups and what strings well, and her dash-dance and wavedash movement down for the most part, including waveland movement on platforms. Any other Sheik tech you guys would recommend for her? I'd like to hit the lab using those ATs so I can be tournament ready after my summer course is over.

Last edited:

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Sup guys. I've been labbing alot with Sheik lately and have used her in a few friendlies to counter a friend's Samus since my Ganon wasn't doing so hot on him (which worked out quite a well), and after getting the hang of her movement, I feel like my handling with her has surpassed my Ganon and I plan on making her my main. I hit up the lab during the summer for around 15-30 minutes a day, and I feel like I got her SHFFLs, tech-chases, grab string followups and what strings well, and her dash-dance and wavedash movement down for the most part, including waveland movement on platforms. Any other Sheik tech you guys would recommend for her? I'd like to hit the lab using those ATs so I can be tournament ready after my summer course is over.
Definitely work on getting jump-canceled grabs down to a tee. More of a general tip, as it doesn't apply only to Sheik, but they make a huge difference. I never realized how crucial and just better they were until I started to get to the point where I could use them reliably, but damn, they REALLY make a difference.

Also make sure your needle turn-arounds are really solid. Jump -> Needle turn-around -> Fast fall to ledge is Sheik's fastest (I think) and definitely easiest way to get to the ledge. Make sure you can do them whenever you need to.

And besides those ones to start with...uh...stickywalking? I guess? LOL it would be a good one to learn when you want to style/just to say you did.

Basically, JC Grabbing and Needle turn-arounds are definitely the two most essential techs to learn.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Definitely work on getting jump-canceled grabs down to a tee. More of a general tip, as it doesn't apply only to Sheik, but they make a huge difference. I never realized how crucial and just better they were until I started to get to the point where I could use them reliably, but damn, they REALLY make a difference.

Also make sure your needle turn-arounds are really solid. Jump -> Needle turn-around -> Fast fall to ledge is Sheik's fastest (I think) and definitely easiest way to get to the ledge. Make sure you can do them whenever you need to.

And besides those ones to start with...uh...stickywalking? I guess? LOL it would be a good one to learn when you want to style/just to say you did.

Basically, JC Grabbing and Needle turn-arounds are definitely the two most essential techs to learn.
I've seen Needle turn-arounds before but not JC Grabbing (or at the very least don't notice it). Is there a guide here that explains JC grabs, or an simple input I'd need to do to know how to do it?

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
I've seen Needle turn-arounds before but not JC Grabbing (or at the very least don't notice it). Is there a guide here that explains JC grabs, or an simple input I'd need to do to know how to do it?
Jump-cancel grabbing is actually hard to notice if you don't know what to look for. Ya know those fancy zero-to-deaths that Marths LOVE to get on spacies? A lot of those chaingrabs are made possible with jump-cancel grabbing.

The inputs are actually pretty simple; basically, you need to jump and immediately cancel it with a grab. The best way to do this is to swing your control stick up so that you jump with tap jump, then quickly press Z. When doing this while running, you get basically the same reach as a regular dash grab (maybe even more, not sure on the frames) with WAYYYYY less lag at the end of it. When you do it correctly, you should see Sheik begin her dash forward, but then grab as if she was standing still.

Thankfully, the differences between Sheik's dash grab and her standing grab are noticeably; if you dash forward but grab as if you stayed in the same spot, congratulation! That's a JC Grab.

A quick troubleshooting anecdote: if you jump and do an aeiral, you're pressing Z too late. If you just do a regular dash grab, you're pressing Z too early. The time between the two inputs (jump -> grab) should feel around the same time as a wavedash, just to give you an idea of how quick the two need to be pressed.

Last edited:

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
There's a definitely a guide that goes more in-depth with it and explains it better than I did, but eh lol

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
@ DrLobster DrLobster explained it correctly, but I would recommend using X or Y plus Z to JC grab for greater consistency. It's up to you though.
Yeah, he's right, you can use those two buttons, too. I just put in tap jump as that's the way that feels the most comfortable/is the way I use.

eideeiit

Smash Ace
Is there a Sheik discord? If so, I'd appreciate a link. Also this is for PAL, so if there's a different group for that it'd be what I'm really after, though an NTSC one is more than dandy too.

AKIR4

Smash Rookie
NNID
aKiR4
New player looking to pick up some practice routines and tips through sparring. I'd also love to join the skype group! I'm based in Louisiana, for anyone on Anther's.

Looking for Sheik fun.

Last edited:

garotis

Smash Cadet
The Discord invite posted above has expired.

Is there a Discord server for NTSC Sheik?

Top Bottom