• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

''study's video '' ~rate please~

istudying

Smash Lord
Hey I posted my first smash vid on youtube.
It doest have HQ, but u can still see what i am doing.
Can any of u please rate my Pit and say what i can do better.
I will be updating more vids with better Qaulity later.

I am known as DK in that game.

Hope u enjoy ~~

PL (pit) VS DK(pit) friendly match

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=qAoq2CnZwtA

sagemoon

Smash Lord
I'll watch the match and point out things I notice as I go.

You spotdodged in the beginning wayyy too much. You can run and cancel the run w/ a shield. But only do that to block an attack and then close the gap. Lets see if dodging gets you in trouble later....

Another thing I noticed pretty early. You dash attacked as an approach too often. This can also be fixed by canceling the run w/ the shield because then it gives more options (grab, jab, smash, dash attack, etc)

It really worked out for you when you started grabbing (keep that in mind)

It's hard to judge much more of your playstyle, since it involves dash attacking and spotdodging mainly. I noticed you can do an arrow loop, but I suggest trying to get down the basics before advancing to learn more ATs.

Try approaching from the air more, but still focus on spacing. After a glide attack I suggest doing an uptilt. Don't only do glide attacks though ^_^. I guess just do a variety of moves. Also focus on that shield more, it should be used to guard against most attacks, not the spot dodge. (you can shield a f-smash, then release shield and counter w/ an f-smash before he can recover from the stun time)

kown

Smash Lord
tape ur shield button so that you never roll or spot dodge again. mainly for how much u roll tho.
i really mean to tape it also cuz thats how i got rid of my rolling and fsmashing problems.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
tape, as in duct tape or something. I dont suggest that though because you really need to work on your shield game.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Why do people always argue with me? His rolling/spotdodging is spammed because he uses that instead of just shielding the attacks. The shield/dodge game is half of brawl.

Ryos4

Smash Lord
Okay well i c what they are talking about. But i have a different tip for you.

Ur ground based game seems fairly decent. Aside from what they were talking about. But ur aerial game lacks alot. U should try using all of pits jumps to its full extent. If u wanna be safe u can save ur last jump so u always have a glide option if u get knocked away. If u get hit and get knocked up, dont just head straight back to the ground. float around a bit and when he thinks hes got u, jump again and set him up for an attack. And while ur at it work gliding into attacks in mid range battles. randomly throw it in during the fight to throw them off. If they start catching on thats when u use glide shifting as well and mix it up. Keep them guessing.

U also did dash attack a lil too much in a row. I really like the dash attack and i think its one of pits best moves, but over using a move like that will make u really predictable.

As for approaches. You could do a few. For projectile spammers you can do a jump mirror shield approach. For defensive players you can do an arrow to SH arrow to dash attack/grab approach (based on how they react to it, reverse grab if needed). Aerial approaches are nice to, with his jumps u can hover around his face just out of reach, and when u think hes gonna attack u jump up into a fast falling fair or dair.

Though this is just me, i specialize in pits aerial game. Anyway if u wanted any example of what im talking about you can check out the link in my sig and check out some of my pit matches.

istudying

Smash Lord
Though this is just me, i specialize in pits aerial game. Anyway if u wanted any example of what im talking about you can check out the link in my sig and check out some of my pit matches.
OK i will sure check that out thanks for tips.

Esca

Smash Champion
Hey, as an ex-Pit mainer, i'd recommend using the arrows a little more to your advantage. Try after pulling back on your bow, to jiggle your joystick up and down, it allows you to hold your arrows for a very long time, and is a very decent mindgame for tricking your opponent. Also, hold your arrows at different rates, so it confuses your opponent.

Also, I saw multiple times where your opponent f-smashed you with only the second hit, one costing you a life, you need to learn your distance very well, because Pit's hitboxes are very skewed.

I saw that you did loop arrow, but when you start it, it's better to mirror shield, so you don't run around the screen.

Gimp your opponent! Learn to keep him off of the edge, and when he uses the Wings of Icarus, just simply use an arrow to gimp him. It's not as hard as most people do think.

Another tip is to use the dtilt a little bit less. Try d-smashing, it hits in the front, and incase they roll, it'll also have that chance of hitting them. Also it's just as quick as the dtilt.

But great work with your Pit, I'd like to see vids in the future of you mastering these skills, and I hope to see you progress.

HMD

Smash Journeyman
ur pit can use a lot more down smashing because pit's down smash is quick and annyoing

kown

Smash Lord
Why do people always argue with me? His rolling/spotdodging is spammed because he uses that instead of just shielding the attacks. The shield/dodge game is half of brawl.
okay sorry for "arguing" with you.

i only said to tape his button so that hed stop rolling. Yes work on your shielding and spotdodge.

ur pit can use a lot more down smashing because pit's down smash is quick and annyoing
Im trying to avoid dsmash. but ur right its a good move but ppl are starting to punish me if i miss any smash attack so yea ive started being more careful.

Top Bottom