• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Studying matchups cooperatively with other character boards?

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Has anything been attempted where, like for each week, one board, lets say this one, and another board, like the Peach board, got together and just played a bunch of matches and discussed the match-up? We could produce a good amount of videos and be able to analyze them from both sides.

This just came to mind because I was thinking of the Peach matchup, how it seems like she's one of Rosalina's hardest MUs but it's so hard to find a good Peach player to figure the MU out.

Would enough players be interested in this? If we get at least a few Rosas interested I'll play ambassador and drop a thread over there, too.

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
I'd be down to do matches for Rosalina :)

I think this is a great Idea. If we wait for the wii u release, I have a setup to record as well for my wii u.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Sign me up! I'd be happy to help learn the MU with top Peach players. I'm open for it any time after 10pm est.

Last edited:

InfinityZERO

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CeroCulpa
3DS FC
0447-5489-0482
I just posted on the Link board looking for a sparring partner. I'd give the videos to YouTube though. I don't have a capture card, so these would have to be from my phone.

icraq

Smash Lord
NNID
McJesusCrucifry
3DS FC
0662-2567-7986
Very excited to see all the support! I'll ponder on whether I get this started now or wait for the balance patch/Wii U version. I'll need friendcodes, if you haven't added them to your smashboards acct please do or just drop em in here and I'll make a list. Link/Falcon are both good ones but I'd like to focus on MUs that seem to be more rare to start with. Maybe we can do a poll later to vote on which board to work with next.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
I'd be down for this.

It'll be awhile before I get the WiiU version though. Money's pretty tight.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Very excited to see all the support! I'll ponder on whether I get this started now or wait for the balance patch/Wii U version. I'll need friendcodes, if you haven't added them to your smashboards acct please do or just drop em in here and I'll make a list. Link/Falcon are both good ones but I'd like to focus on MUs that seem to be more rare to start with. Maybe we can do a poll later to vote on which board to work with next.
Warlock and I are going to play a few sets soon. Afterwards, I'll do a quick write up here with any tips or suggestions for Rosalina against Falcon, and Warlock and I will put something similar together for the Falcon board. Everyone wins.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Just remember that I do plan on making some changes on how the match-up discussions will be handled in another week or so.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Just remember that I do plan on making some changes on how the match-up discussions will be handled in another week or so.
No big deal. Whether you release the Captain Falcon MU discussion this week, or several months from now, a lot of the data we can collect now will still be relevant. No reason not to get a head start, right?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
No big deal. Whether you release the Captain Falcon MU discussion this week, or several months from now, a lot of the data we can collect now will still be relevant. No reason not to get a head start, right?
Still, I have a plan that might make it easier for us to focus on just one match-up, instead of going all over the place with multiple match-ups in a single thread.

Parcheesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Large-tree
3DS FC
4656-7185-5694
Still, I have a plan that might make it easier for us to focus on just one match-up, instead of going all over the place with multiple match-ups in a single thread.
Understood! I'll keep my lengthy responses saved until the appropriate time. I'm not here to clutter, just trying to help. That said, I can't wait for the first official matchup reviews to start.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
So the sets are done, and... holy **** have I gained some insight as to why Rosie is feared.

The ones crying for nerfs are still doing so for no good reason, though. Rosie can be read and adapted to.

Edit: all right, so I wrote a few tips about the Falcon-Rosalina MU from a Falcon player's perspective.

Last edited:
Top Bottom