• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuck with Mario in 1P mode after playing with Metal Mario

Phason_Metroid

Smash Rookie
My first post ever on smashboards. I started playing Smash 64 in 1999, never stopped since then. I'm not a competitive player though, I play casually/socially.

Big problem is, I wanted to give a try to the debug menu, so I plugged my gameshark and started a match with Metal Mario against Kirby. At the end of the match the game froze, but that was expected since Metal Mario have no winning animation.

Reseting the game without the gameshark, now the game is forcing Mario as my chosen character when I press start to play 1P mode. The only way I can play with another character is with a Character Modifier code with the gameshark.

Anybody have a solution? Any help would be appreciated.

Madao

It sounds like your save file might be corrupted. Maybe I'll try searching what others have done, because your issue sounds familiar.

Top Bottom