• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stryks´s matches!

Stryks

Smash Hero

Yaya

Smash Champion
Hey Stryks, I wanna have another go at beating your Pit.

I really need to beat your Pit in order for me to be happy.

Nice Vids though Stryks.

Shadowfury333

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowfury333
3DS FC
3497-0544-5961
(Note: I only watched the Ike vid, as there is a limit to Luigi's Mansion)

That was impressive. Nice timing on the moves, good use of arrows, good use of aerials, and excellent prediction and reading of Ike. The only thing I could suggest is RARing more often. Otherwise you play very well.

Lack of Tilts & Grabs. Work on that, especially D-tilt. Throw out a few Gliding aerials to catch your enemy off guard. Pit's arrows can also be utilized for their stun, and can lead in to many other things. Do more out shield other than smash. Side B is actually useful for keeping your distance while the enemy rushes you blindly.

Just a few tips to help. ^_^

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If only you could use those skillz on wifi...
I fear that your Pit is better than mine by far, and I dont want my fleet to feel weak. So, I'm willing to battle you soon. Against me you will find me using my 5 finest characters:

5: MetaKnight (Some real aerial combat)
4: King Dedede (i might stop using him)
3: Zelda (Sheik not included)
2: Pit (isnt it obvious?)
1: You're a smart person, Figure out who fits here.

I do have alternates, but you dont have to fight them.
My FC is 0860-3304-5290 if it is required.

I never did use Fastfalling in my battles, its just so seldom. Maybe you could give me advice on using Pit better.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I do do some grabs, but not much, and I havent RAR that much either lately :p
yeah I dont tilt that much, I find it a bit hard to hit with the Utilt, but ill keep triyin, thanx for the tips, tough keep commenting XD

sagemoon

Smash Lord
You have a nice way of approaching with pit. Although you're a bit too aggressive and you got punished a lot throughout the matches. In fact both you and your opponent were too aggressive, you just had the better approach. I dont care what eternal phoenix fire says. I personally don't think you utilized smashes out of shields enough. Its a great way to punish ppl who are over aggressive. Forward tilt more, especially against ike and GW. Its a useful way to get inside their range. And yeah. make use of arrows more.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah Ill try and use the Ftilt more, the Utilt like I said before, is kinda hard to land IMO so I rarely use it, as well as the Dtilt...

thanx!

sagemoon

Smash Lord
utilt is good for combos and downtilt is good for hitting under shields. Although i prefer downsmash over down tilt for that. Down tilt combos into like nothing. Utilt is hard to land but effective because of its priority.

kown

Smash Lord
I only saw the Ike video.
To me Ike is slow so i would probably try to mirror shield occasionally (a jab combo ).
A good Ike will always use the jab combo after he dashes.

nice vid tho

does anyone else think mirror shield is good for turning opponents around?

Repryx

Smash Champion
Stryks Stop side dodging in the pocket! youll get predictable...I know ur good tho lolz My only Advice is to record our matches next time...we are too epic!

-Ciao

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Your Pit's Aggressiveness makes me feel somewhat weak, with the skills that you have. I, myself, am an aggressive Pit too, but yours seems better. Even though that wasnt a wifi match, Im sure you still do good online too. Seeing how you're one of the best Pit players Ive ever seen, I may want you to see what my Pit can do (srry i cant make vids). Then maybe u can give me some advice on how to get better. The same goes for my Bowser.
But anyways Keep up the good work, and Nice Sig ^^

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I dont use the shield that much either, actually that think u told me about the jab combo after the dash is so true, my bud always does it, ill try it out today I guess XD

Yeah the Dtilt doesnt allow u to combo afterwards, so I usually Dsmash, since its too good, usually if I hit the back part of the Dsmash, it almost always allows me to follow up with a Fsmash, just a tip there...

Ad. bowser Ill play today so if u wanna go...

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
It would be an honor to play you. And I really should get a Sig like that. I get off early today, so it would be a great time to play today.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Cmon man Im not like an uber pro or anything, tough I wont be able to play til later, like IDK maybe 8-9 pm california time, sorry got homework and examn T-T

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
8pm it is, but ill be needing some matches, for Im having serious problems countering some opponents, Like Lucas, and that stupid Pikachu! (Currently Enraged)

kown

Smash Lord
these matches aren't critisizable because you obviously beat them bad and wtvr u did worked. if you truly wanna improve put matches up where you lose.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Its been like 2 months since i came back here. The matches against Olimar and Bowser were brutal and you gave them a lot of pressure.
I think I am ready now. However, I have to say that the Bowser wasnt that good at all. He coulda did more, and the fortress-outta-shield trick would have been useful.

As always the Sig of yours makes me jealous, like the left one with Pit in it.

Olimars are something i couldnt handle much since their main priority is grabbing... a lot. In my experience, I normally get killed off their overpowred throws, others would be from a Smash Spam.

kupo15

Smash Hero
You have a nice pit and nice wingdashing in the oli match. I really like the Fairs with Bowser. I think that you might be too aggressive though but it didn't really hurt too much because your opponents have basically no defense. A lot of those hits should have been air dodged or powershielded. Any, nice Pit.

Top Bottom