• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

strugling with main

DrWubenstein

Smash Rookie
i have been playing pikachu and having alot of fun but i find myself playing very defencively and wonder which characters you would recommend to main

Last edited:

Midoriki

Smash Cadet
Nothing wrong with playing Pikachu defensively!

If you want a character who better suits defensive play, Snake, Olimar, or Ivysaur would be strong picks.

If you want a character who forces you to be more aggressive, maybe pick someone without projectiles? I personally like Shulk, Lucina, and DK.

DrWubenstein

Smash Rookie
rong with playing Pikachu defensively!

If you want a character who better suits defensive play, Snake, Olimar, or Ivysaur would be strong picks.

If you want a character who forces you to be more aggressive, maybe pick someone without projectiles? I personally like Shulk, Lucina, and DK.
thank you

mightybear7

Smash Rookie
Switch FC
SW-3077-4729-6691
I also reccommend villager, rosalina and luma, megaman, pac man and basically any character that has projectiles, Inkling is awesome because they are good for being offensive and/or defensive

Codebox

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu can be played defensively, I actually do it a lot with Pika (trying to work on my play and learn mechanics) I typically make a sword user as they do great at range that Pika can struggle with provided you don't get a gimp. Zoners work too (Megaman, ROB etc)

Lord_Ghirahim

Smash Cadet
I feel like Isabelle and to a lesser extent Incineroar work well when played defensively if you're looking to use the newcomers. On that thought, I'm sure Simon and Richter would work well too.

ArcticSky

Smash Rookie
So this might be a little random but does anyone else have trouble with Pikachu's Skull Bash? Sometimes when I'm offstage I'll use it trying to go towards the stage and the game makes me go the complete opposite direction and into the blastzone. I know I'm putting my control stick in the correct direction each time. Any help is greatly appreciated!

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
So this might be a little random but does anyone else have trouble with Pikachu's Skull Bash? Sometimes when I'm offstage I'll use it trying to go towards the stage and the game makes me go the complete opposite direction and into the blastzone. I know I'm putting my control stick in the correct direction each time. Any help is greatly appreciated!
Could be an online issue if you're playing online that is. If you're offline and absolutely positive that you're control stick is at the right direction then it could be the controller would be my guess.

Top Bottom