• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strongest throws?

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul giannuzzi

Smash Rookie
NNID
1263-8049-3219
not sure about this but is ness's back throw strongest in the game? also what are some other really strong throws other than his?

Spirst

It could be. At least, until Mewtwo comes back with his uthrow.

PSIBoy

Smash Lord
Ness's backthrow, at high percents is the strongest throw in the game currently. His f-throw, at low percents, gives the most knockback but poor knockback scaling.

Damage and knockback-wise, Ness' bthrow indeed trumps all other throws. Another powerful one I can think of is ROB's upthrow. There are also some good throws that have great combo potential, like D3's downthrow and Sheik's fthrow/dthrow, which for me are far more interesting IMO.

Last edited:

C4-

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Pig321
Warios forward throw is pretty powerful when fresh . Ness and robs throws are stronger though

Last edited:

Blade Knight

Smash Ace
Sounds to me like Olimar's Blue Pikmin upthrow from brawl has been dethroned then as strongest throw. Oh well, the tombstone piledriver lives on in my heart as the vicious killer it was meant to be.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Bowser Jr's throws are the strongest ones.

... :4bowserjr:

Haha

:sadeyes:

Fangblade

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3454-0350-2864
I'd argue Lucario's Fthrow is best, when combined with his High Aura of course.

Toon Link's new Bthrow is really good as well. Kills at high percents.

Last edited:

many37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
many37
3DS FC
2423-4448-6030
DK's bthrow has always been one of the strongest throws in Smash, specially at high percentages. But no throw is able to beat Ness' bthrow except Mewtwo's uthrow.

K-45

Smash Journeyman
It's not the best throw in the game but R.O.B as a down throw that can be a easy follow up to a Nair or Uair and his Up throw can kill most characters around 130.

Rakurai

Smash Ace
I believe Charizard's down throw is the strongest of them in terms of knockback. Ness is the obvious winner for back throws, and ROB seems to have the most powerful up throw.

No clue as to who's the best when it comes to forward throws, though I suppose some testing could easily fix that.

Golden Sun

Smash Ace
NNID
YOURMOMHASA@NNID
3DS FC
1693-3754-9548
I'd argue Lucario's Fthrow is best, when combined with his High Aura of course.

Toon Link's new Bthrow is really good as well. Kills at high percents.
I have to say, Lucario's neutral grab is probably the fastest one I have ever seen, him hitting the opponent is fast, and it does high damage, plus the rage ability/high aura and throwing, it can KO someone around 90%

Niner

Smash Cadet
Typically every character's b-throw is always their strongest knock-back wise and d-throw damage, but that's not always the case, or the best option. Some weaker throws have better knockback and trajectory for combo potential.

WingedBehemoth

Smash Rookie
NNID
Tsunayoshi
3DS FC
3969-4003-5661
Mario's d-throw is good for combo'ing at low percentages. But if we're talking about just the throw, it's definitely Ness.

MisterMewtwoX

Smash Rookie
Let me try to explain this.
Forward throw: A tie between :4lucas: and :4bowser:.
Back Throw: :4ness:, for the move's VERY high knockback scaling.
Up Throw: :4charizard: in the 1.0.8 update.
Down Throw: Smash Art :4shulk:.

:4greninja:'s up throw can kill too. You know what that means!
BETTER NERF GRENINJA!

Sounds to me like Olimar's Blue Pikmin upthrow from brawl has been dethroned then as strongest throw. Oh well, the tombstone piledriver lives on in my heart as the vicious killer it was meant to be.
It's still one of the strongest up throws in the game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sünta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sünta_Foot
3DS FC
2234-7187-3957
Marth's up throw and Shiek's down throw because of those sick chain gra- oh wait...

But seriously, in terms of knock back I would say ness for back throw, mewtwo/lucas (if it's remotely close to pm) for up throw, blue pikmin foward throw (I think) and... I don't know DK down throw because its hilarious if you think about it

GooberGaming

Smash Apprentice
I would say Ness... Ness, "The Backthrow King".

Nothing's worse then being at 100% against a Ness...

LordCQ

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo's up throw should be as powerful as Ness' back throw, also his back throw should have less Y angle.

Gamr_8

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Gamer807
Why has no one mentioned the Mario Bros. yet :4mario::4luigi::4drmario:? Their back throws may not be super strong but they are good enough to get kills near the ledge.

Also :4sonic: is pretty good
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom