• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strengths and drawbacks of digital and physical copies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireWater

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1478-5556-9486
^^^
I would be hard pressed if a moderator would do so after that type of behavior.

Anyways to get back on track here.

I believe I have decided on a physical copy for a few reasons.

1) I get games digitally distributed all the time, and as such its nice to have a cartridge

2) I can't really stay up for midnight release, as I have work the next day for which I get out early.

3) I'm getting some conflicting information regarding whether a digital copy is bound to the actual 3DS system, or the nintendo account. I'm not comfortable making a smash purchase digitally. Any other games I probably won't care but this one is different.

3a) I was thinking of buying another 3DS to stream off of (yes I know I need a modded one) A physical copy would allow me to jump between systems. This is a long shot but I want to keep my options going.

Also no one is wasting their time here, we've been having an excellent discussion so far :)

antiglare

Smash Rookie
Hard copy, you don't risk losing the game that way. Unless you misplace the cartridge of course.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Hard copy. Mainly because I pre-ordered one and it makes more sense to go along with it.
Though referring to advantages, I guess you could get the ability to share it with a friend. If that helps.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I mainly didn't lock the thread as soon as I saw it because the OP asked a few questions in terms of whether to go with the Physical or Digital copy and just wanted a bit of guidance to help him come up with a decision and all. Instead of just plainly asking us which copy we would get.

Anyway, the OP seems to have made his mind up so I guess I'll go ahead and lock the thread now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom