• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Street Smash 5 hits.... should I just use a Golden Hammer?

Shroob

Sup?
I ended up going to two malls today, both of which had video game stores and the like. I walked around the entirety of both.

When I got home, I had 0 new hits for StreetSmash. I absolutely hate using Golden Hammers, but this specific thing seems impossible unless you either live in a big city, or know a bunch of people closeby with the game, both of which I lack.

I know it's a longshot... but has anyone made like, a program to simulate streetpass passerbys? I know that sounds crazy, but I'm willing to try anything at this point.

Last edited:

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
Lmao I chuckled at the title cause that's the exact challenge I used a golden hammer on haha

Shroob

Sup?
I'm just trying to think if it's any way to cheat this.

Simply having two 3DS systems wouldn't be enough I reckon? I have an old one and a XL.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
That would take forever and I THINK (don't know for sure) both 3ds would need a copy of the game

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Well I'd assume it would be as a copy of the game and a 3ds is often what others have~

So I'd assume you SHOULD be able to use it that way.

Shroob

Sup?
My question is, would I be able to trick the game into making the game think it's 4 different people by way of deleting that 3ds' data over and over.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
It's unlikely, but if you've got all the materials you might as well give it a go.

I'd just go ahead and use a hammer though, as you can get them quite easily.

Renegand

Smash Cadet
Which challenge are you worried about? you can play a practice and it gives you the slot for playing a match

Renegand

Smash Cadet
Oh I have not seen that one nevermind than, cant see myself getting that one ever

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Well can't you just do it with yourself 5 times? Or does it have to be different people?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Streetpass data is saved to the system, not the cart. Take your cartridge out, put if in the second 3DS. Setup Streetpass. Get the two systems to Stretpass. Pull the cart and reformat the 3DS. Rinse and repeat. It's annoying, because you have to set up Streetpass each time, but it will work.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Hammers are limited to that panel anyways. If there's nothing else you want to use your hammers on, that challenge would be a good idea.

Qnez

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gunzelino
3DS FC
4511-0457-1518
Just use that hammer. I also prefer to do the challenges myself but I still use the hammers on things that I'll eventually unlock anyway but just takes time. In brawl I used 2 as well for the playtime challenge. Its not like anything special happens if you don't use them.

Gameshow349

A Hoot and a Half
3DS FC
0748-3702-2621
It looks like you get three for challenge page and you can only use them on that page so use them when you have 3 left or when you see one you know you will not get anytime soon just to get the new page.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Is that the only street pass related challenge you can't use practice for?

To be honest I totally forgot street smash even existed until it was mentioned on the challenge page.

Last edited:

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing they'll become more common eventually. I was at the mall and picked up someone with Smash (according to Mii Plaza), but I didn't get a Street Pass for Smash. I'm guessing that person hasn't turned it on for the game yet.

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
Well, this is unfortunate to hear.. The developers should have at least provided an alternative feasible "in-game" method of unlocking for this particular Challenge for individuals who don't have many people nearby to "StreetPass" with.. I mean, Sonic had like four different unlocking methods in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, so why couldn't the same be done here for a Challenge?

I'm one of the individuals who refrains from using Golden Hammers on any of the Challenges (even though I haven't completed all of the Challenges in Brawl - the "Collect all Stickers", "Boss Battles", and "Cruel Brawl" ones come to mind - I don't plan to use a Golden Hammer as an "easy win"), since I make it a point to actually complete the Challenges as best as I can. For this "StreetSmash with 5 people" challenge, if I end up being unsuccessful with it, I'll probably resort to a Golden Hammer only because this one is largely out of my control due to being reliant on other people's devices, no matter how much I play the game or how skilled I am. Ugh...this instance reminds me of that Spiritomb thing from the Sinnoh-based Pokemon games where you have to interact with a lot of people in the Underground..

While Nintendo 3DS StreetPassing may be a trend now, it's going to suck in ~10-20 years when the 3DS is largely rendered obsolete (with StreetPass potentially becoming relatively uncommon) and someone starts playing Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS has no choice but to use the Golden Hammer. I feel like it is similar to when you get a 'new' old boxed Pokemon game, and you see that flyer for that cool event Pokemon distribution that has already passed which you can never obtain.. :/ (let alone old Pokemon games generally being "uncompleteable" the more they age - at least in regards to completing the Pokedex)

But, in any case, I'm hoping StreetPassing becomes more common for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS to alleviate the Original Poster's issue; it's bad enough having things like Mii outfits and custom moves being subject to randomness - I don't think it needs to be extended to Challenges as well...

Last edited:

S2

Smash Lord
I don't know if you want to use a hammer for it.

When any new game launches, it takes a little while before you'll start getting street passes for it. People are still getting the game and any Spotpass locations aren't going to have a lot of hits either.

This happened to me with Zelda: A Link Between Worlds. I couldn't find any streetpasses for at least a week after launch. Eventually they started becoming much more common.

Shroob

Sup?
I got two people on Streetpass who were playing Smash!.... neither had StreetSmash enabled.

:cry:

bloodyshadow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8060-5220
Theoretically you can just have two 3DS. You can street pass and play multiples of the same person if you've street passed them more than once without Street Smashing with them.

That's rough man, sorry. I don't Street Pass often myself, but I haven't really been going anywhere to do so

Shroob

Sup?
Theoretically you can just have two 3DS. You can street pass and play multiples of the same person if you've street passed them more than once without Street Smashing with them.

That's rough man, sorry. I don't Street Pass often myself, but I haven't really been going anywhere to do so
Would that work? The challenge is pretty vague in that it says to "Get 5 hits". It doesn't specify if it's with 5 different people or if you can re-use people.

I've heard some people say it has to be 5 different people, but the challenge itself just says "5 hits".

Last edited:

Jdaster64

Smash Ace
NNID
Jdaster64
3DS FC
4141-3026-8303
Switch FC
SW 7540 0069 7907
You can definitely get the challenges for 10 dead-weight KOs and 20 counter KOs in Street Smash via its practice mode; I believe the first challenge worked that way too, but I forget. I thought "hits" just meant running into five tokens.

Last edited:

Raijinken

Smash Master
It doesn't have to be five different people. I got the challenge off of passing two friends a few different times.

Unless you're in a rush to get it completed, just be patient, you'll get it some day. No reason to break your hammer rule.

Walfan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Walfan
3DS FC
1719-3715-3474
I wish Nintendo would finally understand that in the rest of the world, you don't get 10 streetpasses after walking 20 minutes outside.
I'm lucky to have two close gaming friends with a 3ds but it's still a pain.

LinkSword93

Smash Cadet
NNID
Umdytr
3DS FC
3668-9197-4509
The 5 hits part makes me wonder... the Spanish translation is simply "Play StreetSmash for the first time". I guess they might have just mistranslated that part.

Last edited:

Walfan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Walfan
3DS FC
1719-3715-3474
The 5 hits part makes me wonder... the Spanish translation is simply "Play StreetSmash for the first time". I guess they might have just mistranslated that part.
It's on the 2nd challenge page.

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
My girlfriend and I are going to the Frick museum in Manhattan today and I'm bringing my 3DS just so I can walk by the Nintendo World Store for this very reason!

Shroob

Sup?
So now the question is, is there any way to get a 3ds to streetpass with the same person multiple times in a day without having to wait? I swear I've done it before with my sister.

I know I can just reset it to factory settings each time, but that'll take forever with all the updates and whatnot.

bloodyshadow

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0275-8060-5220
Would that work? The challenge is pretty vague in that it says to "Get 5 hits". It doesn't specify if it's with 5 different people or if you can re-use people.

I've heard some people say it has to be 5 different people, but the challenge itself just says "5 hits".

My buddy and I hung out all day but were playing different modes and we street passed twice. At the end of the day, I fought two of him so I'm assuming that would work more than twice.

Moldy Clay

Smash Journeyman
NNID
frothyjazz54
3DS FC
3050-8737-8491
Just a heads up, you CAN unlock the StreetSmash challenges just by doing Practice. I got the Counter & hit into each other ones just fighting CPUs instead of a real person.

So, you don't need to streetpass or use a hammer, despite implying you need real people.

Top Bottom