• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Streaming Equipment

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
I just wanted to make a small thread showing you guys what equipment to stream from your Wii or Gamecube. If you want to play on your T.V you need to be next to your T.V. This is not a guide thread teaching you how to stream this is just giving you the things you need to stream. But I will make a thread teaching you how to stream.
I.Streaming Software
You can find a bunch of these on the internet but these are the ones I recommend and I'll have one for Mac and PC.
You can get a lot of capture cards but this is the one I use and a lot of the ones people use to stream. These should have audio also.

That's the thread but if I missed something tell me :). I'll make a streaming guide later also.

Last edited:

siloFM

Smash Rookie
NNID
siloFM
Hey! This is great! I have the Elegato HD Capture, but it only has HDMI in. How do I get my Gamecube/Wii to have HDMI out to go into the Elegato HDMI in? Thanks!!

-siloFM

Take a message from my love, silo.

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
Hey! This is great! I have the Elegato HD Capture, but it only has HDMI in. How do I get my Gamecube/Wii to have HDMI out to go into the Elegato HDMI in? Thanks!!

-siloFM

Take a message from my love, silo.
This can be fixed by getting the wii2hdmi converter
http://www.amazon.com/Docooler-Wii2hdmi-Conector-Converter-Wii-link/dp/B00A2JNM5Y
but if your elagto has an S-Video looking out put you can just use this
https://www.elgato.com/en/online-store
scroll down a bit till you find "Component Adapter" hopefully this helped you and ask me if you have anymore questions :).

siloFM

Smash Rookie
NNID
siloFM
This can be fixed by getting the wii2hdmi converter

but if your elagto has an S-Video looking out put you can just use this

scroll down a bit till you find "Component Adapter" hopefully this helped you and ask me if you have anymore questions :).

You have been a great help!! Thank you so much! One more thing for my girlfriend to buy me for Christmas this year, haha!

Dysleksikk

Smash Rookie
NNID
Dysleksikk
What's your opinion of the Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition? I really only got it because of it's HDMI and Composite hook up capability without purchasing extra equipment, and it seems to work great for recording game play from my Wii U and GameCube. It also have it's own streaming capability with it's own program called "StreamEez" I had no prior experience with capture cards, so I just got what seemed easiest to use. Did I jump the gun? Should I have gotten the Elgato instead?

Mikkelmann

Mentally Untouchable
What's your opinion of the Hauppauge HD PVR 2 Gaming Edition? I really only got it because of it's HDMI and Composite hook up capability without purchasing extra equipment, and it seems to work great for recording game play from my Wii U and GameCube. It also have it's own streaming capability with it's own program called "StreamEez" I had no prior experience with capture cards, so I just got what seemed easiest to use. Did I jump the gun? Should I have gotten the Elgato instead?
I never used a Hauppauge before but from what you been saying it seems really good. I always suggest Elgato to everybody but if what you're using is working then I think it's a great capture card. If you have any more questions or need an opinion please let me know and I would be happy to respond.

Bioahray

Smash Rookie
Hey i was looking into streaming melee but i only have HD "gaming" monitors at the moment and was wondering if input delay would make melee unplayable or even be noticeable in any way

iAmMatt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mattgw420
I'd imagine that an elgato wouldn't work with a gamecube or wii, seeing as it requires an hdmi cable.

Hey i was looking into streaming melee but i only have HD "gaming" monitors at the moment and was wondering if input delay would make melee unplayable or even be noticeable in any way
I know there's a thread on this somewhere, but I can't find it for the life of me. It has something to do with a converter of some sort. Alternatively, you could run melee on an emulator just fine with an hd monitor.

EDIT: I'm dumb, an a/v cable would work -_-
Either way, is it worth dropping $160 for it, or should I just go with the cheapo Monoprice usb capturer?

Last edited:
Top Bottom