• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Straw Graspin': Find evidence for Newcomers

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
Peach wasn't available to chose as a character on the 3DS and Wii U version demo at E3 and Best Buy.

BECAUSE

Toadsworth is her new standard B attack and Toad is a newcomer.

BombKirby

Smash Journeyman
Peach wasn't available to chose as a character on the 3DS and Wii U version demo at E3 and Best Buy.

BECAUSE

Toadsworth is her new standard B attack and Toad is a newcomer.
No she'll still use Toad as a shield. And CAPTAIN Toad... the new hip franchise will be the new character!

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Remember that Palutena trailer? That part where it was showing characters?

Mario and Diddy Kong
Fox and Lucario
Kirby and Link
Yoshi, Luigi, Toon Link, and Little Mac
Villager and Olimar
Sheik, Zelda, Samus, and Zero Suit Samus
King Dedede and Peach
Donkey Kong, Mega Man, and Charizard
Sonic and Pikachu
Palutena, Marth, Rosalina, and Bowser

Notice how Peach and King Dedede are paired together? Toad and Waddle Dee confirmed! :troll:

D

Deleted member

Smash Run Enemies thus far always have a character tied to their franchise.

-Kremlings hint toward King K. Rool

-Eggrobo hits toward Dr. Eggman/Robotnik

-DR. EGGMAN/ROBOTNIK CONFIRMED.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
In Nintendo Monopoly, Ridley with 3(and 1) House(s) got me the most money of all the spaces.

-Ridley confirmed for Smash.

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089
So I was looking today's Pic Of The Day in Miiverse. One of the top comments was this picture:

Sakurai gave it a 'Yeah'

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
This was the quote for todays pictures

«Is this a match made in heaven? Remember, no matter how big you may be, there is always someone bigger.

Going back to the shadow of april direct

Theres only 1 character thats bigger than rosalina and he is very likely shruken.

Ridley confirmed.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
New here. Now, here are my theories on who will be in the game based on in-game evidence:

Mr. Game & Watch: Unofficially confirmed by Sakurai in the Pac-Man trailer and won't be officially added until the right time.
Captain Falcon: Used as an example of modified movesets by Sakurai, using his Falcon Punch as an example. Also, Samurai Goroh is confirmed to have the F-Zero symbol.
Wario: Both Waluigi and Ashley have the Wario symbol.
Ice Climbers: The polar bear enemy is in Smash Run and possesses the Ice Climbers symbol.
Ness: Both the Franklin Badge and Mr. Saturn with the Mother symbol. While this may also hint towards Lucas as well, both items originated in Earthbound.
Rhythm Heaven rep: I am still a little skeptical on Chorus Men by virtue of the three-in-one concept translating over on the 3DS version (isn't that the reason Ice Climbers haven't been revealed yet?), but given the Sneaky Spirit enemies in Smash Run AND Sakurai's Geno letter, AND the confirmation of a unique symbol for Rhythm Heaven, I know we'll be getting somebody from that franchise.
Ridley: While hinted at as a boss, he was also heavily teased. If nothing else, I predict that we will be getting him as a playable character due to the tease.
Ganondorf: I know I am playing with straws at this point, but isn't it a little odd that of all the Zelda stages, Gerudo Valley was the one we wound up getting to represent OoT? Memorable music or no.
Jigglypuff: The original twelve argument still holds some water, though admittedly, she's the lowest priority remaining.
Mewtwo: Sakurai answered in response to a fan question pertaining to his inclusion, "We are thinking about it!" Nothing concrete, but at least it is a thought.
Chrom: These straws are even thinner than Ganondorf's, but didn't we get a trophy from Fire Emblem: Awakening AS WELL AS a stage from said game? If not Chrom, then Lucina or Robin.
Falco: If the Petill leak is at all credible, we'll get him this week. If not, he's still coming back.
Wolf: See Petill leak above, but with an undisclosed timeframe.
Shulk: If I'm giving the Petill leak any credentials, might as well do the same to Gematsu.

The only veterans I am truly worried about are R.O.B. and Lucas. R.O.B. is a part of the other trophies, and the Mii Fighters have apparently taken his place (if Sakurai's Miiverse page holds any credibility). Lucas, meanwhile, hasn't even been properly localized outside of Japan, and from what I gathered, the Mother series has come to an end. Combined with the fact that he is more a clone than any other character in Brawl (I know there are differences, but you get my point), and his chances are even more dire. At least R.O.B. is a unique character in every sense of the word.

So what about Snake, Ivysaur, and Squirtle? Well, by affiliation with Pokémon Trainer's deconfirmation and Charizard now on his own, they are gone. Snake is cut with the recent reveal of Pac-Man as well as Kojima's stating that he doesn't believe to be returning.

Altogether? I predict a cast of about 48-51 playable characters.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
New here. Now, here are my theories on who will be in the game based on in-game evidence:

Mr. Game & Watch: Unofficially confirmed by Sakurai in the Pac-Man trailer and won't be officially added until the right time.
Captain Falcon: Used as an example of modified movesets by Sakurai, using his Falcon Punch as an example. Also, Samurai Goroh is confirmed to have the F-Zero symbol.
Ice Climbers: The polar bear enemy is in Smash Run and possesses the Ice Climbers symbol.
Ness: Both the Franklin Badge and Mr. Saturn with the Mother symbol. While this may also hint towards Lucas as well, both items originated in Earthbound.
Rhythm Heaven rep: I am still a little skeptical on Chorus Men by virtue of the three-in-one concept translating over on the 3DS version (isn't that the reason Ice Climbers haven't been revealed yet?), but given the Sneaky Spirit enemies in Smash Run AND Sakurai's Geno letter, AND the confirmation of a unique symbol for Rhythm Heaven, I know we'll be getting somebody from that franchise.
Ridley: While hinted at as a boss, he was also heavily teased. If nothing else, I predict that we will be getting him as a playable character due to the tease.
Ganondorf: I know I am playing with straws at this point, but isn't it a little odd that of all the Zelda stages, Gerudo Valley was the one we wound up getting to represent OoT? Memorable music or no.
Jigglypuff: The original twelve argument still holds some water, though admittedly, she's the lowest priority remaining.
Mewtwo: Sakurai answered in response to a fan question pertaining to his inclusion, "We are thinking about it!" Nothing concrete, but at least it is a thought.
Chrom: These straws are even thinner than Ganondorf's, but didn't we get a trophy from Fire Emblem: Awakening AS WELL AS a stage from said game? If not Chrom, then Lucina or Robin.
Falco: If the Petill leak is at all credible, we'll get him this week. If not, he's still coming back.
Shulk: If I'm giving the Petill leak any credentials, might as well do the same to Gematsu.

The only veterans I am truly worried about are R.O.B. and Lucas. R.O.B. is a part of the other trophies, and the Mii Fighters have apparently taken his place (if Sakurai's Miiverse page holds any credibility). Lucas, meanwhile, hasn't even been properly localized outside of Japan, and from what I gathered, the Mother series has come to an end. Combined with the fact that he is more a clone than any other character in Brawl (I know there are differences, but you get my point), and his chances are even more dire. At least R.O.B. is a unique character in every sense of the word.

So what about Snake, Ivysaur, and Squirtle? Well, by affiliation with Pokémon Trainer's deconfirmation and Charizard now on his own, they are gone. Snake is cut with the recent reveal of Pac-Man as well as Kojima's stating that he doesn't believe to be returning.

Wow, a serious one.

Beg pardon but what's the Petill leak?

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

Good job

Now as for R.O.B where is that trophy? And looks like someone forgot about the R.O.B enemy's in subspace emissary, and that wii fit trainer has multiple trophies of her own.

The playable R.O.B is the leader of the R.O.B and how the heck does the miis takes the R.O.B place?

Last edited:

epicgordan

Smash Ace
Good job

Now as for R.O.B where is that trophy? And looks like someone forgot about the R.O.B enemy's in subspace emissary, and that wii fit trainer has multiple trophies of her own.

The playable R.O.B is the leader of the R.O.B and how the heck does the miis takes the R.O.B place?
Allow me to clarify: R.O.B.'s trophy in Brawl was in Others. The R.O.B. enemies are recognized as being from Subspace Emissary, though the fact that we didn't see them in Smash Run is a bit of a red flag. Not a total red flag, but it means there isn't any evidence to suggest that he may or may not be in the game. That's what's making me nervous.

Just grasping straws without optimism with the Mii Fighters, but it is worth noting that they have their own insignia, and yet they are not aligned with said insignia but with the Smash Bros. one.

D

Deleted member

Wow, a serious one.

Beg pardon but what's the Petill leak?
K. Rool is stage boss. No new DK characters.
Shulk and Mewtwo are playable.
Lucas is cut.
Falco is supposed to be revealed this week.

If Falco is not revealed tomorrow, "leak" is false. I think it's false regardless, but w/e.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh that one. Well let's see what tomorrow brings.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Allow me to clarify: R.O.B.'s trophy in Brawl was in Others. The R.O.B. enemies are recognized as being from Subspace Emissary, though the fact that we didn't see them in Smash Run is a bit of a red flag. Not a total red flag, but it means there isn't any evidence to suggest that he may or may not be in the game. That's what's making me nervous.

Just grasping straws without optimism with the Mii Fighters, but it is worth noting that they have their own insignia, and yet they are not aligned with said insignia but with the Smash Bros. one.
Thats easy to R.O.B enemys are just not ready yet or they are not in there but it does not changes R.O.Bs chances at all

Because quite simply sakurai is not showing the R.O.B enemys till the playable one is shown.

jfed8888

Smash Cadet

What is the unique symbol for Rhythm Heaven you are talking about?

FancysaurusRex

Smash Apprentice
1) Chorus Kids are heavily rumoured, but have not yet appeared. They come from a rhythm game.

2) Dillon's Rolling Western gets an AT, but a similarly recent game, Harmoknight, does not. Harmoknight is a rhythm game.

3) We only have one unlockable Mario character. Paper Mario is a game with rhythm based mechanics.

4) Lucas has not been shown yet, and some believe it is because he is being decloned. Mother 3 has rhythm mechanics.

Conclusion: Rhythm mechanic in 4, Chorus Kids, Harmoknight, Paper Mario, and Lucas confirmed! Straws confirmed as stage.

D

Deleted member

It would be nice to have the Chorus Kids in Smash Bros, but I don't want the Gematsu leak true because that would mean Lucas gets cut.
Not necessarily. The vague wording of them "thinking" about the cut means that the leak is true both Lucas is playable, or not. I think the leak is true, but I still think Lucas is in the game. I'm pretty sure that breaks some sort of law set by the community.

epicgordan

Smash Ace
http://www.ssbwiki.com/series_symbol

That's actually just an "unknown" icon. It was used for Battlefield in Melee. It looks like SmashWiki just started using it for series there aren't icons for yet.
Aww. Well, either way, the Sneaky Spirit does still present a strong hint towards a Rhythm Heaven character.

Speaking of which, I heard a rumor going around concerning Smash Run where apparently, a few people started to notice that, when they collect trophies and complete Smash Run, occasionally, they'd get a Mechon trophy for their hard work. I haven't found any picture or video evidence suggesting that some trophies from Xenoblade can be won yet, so similar to the rumored Chunky Kong Assist Trophy, I am taking this with a grain of salt. But, if there are indeed trophies from Xenoblade present to win in Smash Run, then it could very well mean that Shulk will be a playable character.

Does anybody know anything about any Mechon trophies?

GodOfSocks

Smash Journeyman
Maybe they aren't included because it would be much more difficult to distinguish enemy ROBs from your own ROB on a small 3DS screen.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Not necessarily. The vague wording of them "thinking" about the cut means that the leak is true both Lucas is playable, or not. I think the leak is true, but I still think Lucas is in the game. I'm pretty sure that breaks some sort of law set by the community.
Yep. Deep down I think Lucas' chances of coming back are good, but I know there is a possibility of him being cut.

NintyTheRagekid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
NintyTheRageKid
3DS FC
5455-9431-1608
Switch FC
SW-2209-3322-3333
So as you know, Sheik:4sheik: is in Smash 4.
What is Sheik's favorite number? Two.
Why two? Because, Sheik says "TU!" every time (s)he jumps in Melee.

Sheik:sheikmelee: is in Melee, and Mewtwo:mewtwomelee: is also in Melee.
"TU!" "Two!" Mewtwo! :mewtwomelee:MEWTWO CONFIRMED.:mewtwopm:
But in all seriousness:

Sakurai has already said: "We are thinking about it." in response to a question about Mewtwo's inclusion in Smash 4.
Would you look at that? Please? Thanks. http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/34700/sakurai-considering-mewtwo-for-next-smash-bros-games
With the announcement of Charizard:4charizard: as an alone character in Smash 4, a lot of people have been speculating that Pokemon Trainer:pt:(I like to call him Red but, whatever.) has been de-confirmed, therefore removing Ivysaur:ivysaur: and Squirtle:squirtle:.
So... Greninja:4greninja: replaces Squirtle:squirtle: and Mewtwo:mewtwopm: replaces Ivysaur:ivysaur:?
I'm not sure, but that seems like something "The Smash Team" would do.

:troll::roypm:Oh, and Roy too.:roymelee: :troll:

Top Bottom