• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Strange input lag issue online

Satnav

Smash Rookie
I've recently started to play Smash 4 more often with friends and online, but there's a considerably larger amount of input lag online than locally.
The people I'm playing with don't really affect it either; I've played with someone from France and another who is from the US (I'm from the UK) but there has been minimal change.
I'd say the delay is roughly 20/25 frames (1/4 to 1/3 of a second) which makes shielding, dodging and predicting attacks a lot more difficult.
My internet itself isn't an issue, my ping is often below 15 and my up/down speed is fine.
I've seen people recommend a LAN Adapter, but my Wii U is in such an inconvenient spot in my house I couldn't possibly connect it to my router.
Are there any internet settings I could change/ other methods I could use for less input lag online?

Top Bottom