• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strange G&W Random ''Idle'' Invincibility

_Tiamat_

Smash Apprentice
This replay is very old but I finally got an SD card and can now share this with G&W players. I was doing random vs random with a cpu and something weird happened. This is not the well-known up b invincibility, G&W was standing still and completely ignored an IC ftilt then proceeded to fsmash.

I was planning to upload this but due to the Wii's way of storing replays as .bin files, all I can do is upload it for everyone interested to download.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zq5bpyqh2krqdrs

For those who don't feel like paying close attention to the whole thing, it happens shortly after a sopo CG toward the right of FD, on G&W's second stock.

I'm sorry if this is irrelevant or nothing special but it did seem VERY strange to me, as far as I know IC's ftilt cover everything right in front of them. I tried to recreate it on a G&W standing still in training mode and it never happened again. Maybe this could be a strange ''possibly exploitable'' hole in G&W's hurtbox? Or maybe a very weird invincible frame in his idle stance?

I'm interested to have this explained by someone with a lot of knowledge of the game.

Top Bottom