• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Straight outta Space - Earthworm Jim - Makes it Groovy

MightyBone

Smash Rookie

Earthworm Jim who's dat Dude ?

So to the people that not knowing Jim and his humourful style here a short history lesson towards dat Worm.

"Earthworm Jim was a 1994 run and gunplatforming video game developed by Shiny Entertainment and published by Playmates Interactive Entertainment, featuring an earthworm named Jim in a robotic suit who battles evil. Created by Doug TenNapel and designed by David Perry, the game was released for the Sega Genesis in 1994, and subsequently ported to a number of other video game consoles such as the Snes.
The game was noted for its fluid, cartoon-like animation and 'off-the-wall' humour. It was well received by critics, and received a sequel, Earthworm Jim 2, in 1995"(1)

Plot:

Jim is a normal earthworm, until a special "super suit" falls from the sky and allows him to operate much like a human, with his "worm-part" acting as a head and the suit acting as arms, body, and legs. Jim's task is two-fold, he must evade the game's many antagonists, who are after him because they want the suit back, and also rescue and protect Princess What's-Her-Name from them. The game plays out with Jim eluding and defeating all enemies, and saving Princess What's-Her-Name. However, not only does she not return Jim's affection, but she is also crushed by the flying cow that was launched at the beginning of the game by Jim himself.

Later titles of the series made it to the Gameboy Advance aswell - the sad ending for Earthworm jim was long forgotten and recieved 2010 an awful consider remake.

Enouigh history lesson's let's fit some Argument's for Jim and put some illustration in so you can guy's make some opinions on him.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthworm_Jim | *1

In what kind of a crank world this worm lives ?

Just a normal day in the world of Earthworm Jim. A pile of Car Wheel's Cow's
and fridge's. Who wouldn't enjoy this lovely place ?

Using you're body as a body rope to pass a deadly looking version of the Grand
Canyon in Space and passing a lonely looking Dog House ? Everything is possible
in the World of Jim.

Last but not least some ingame footage without commentate

Argument's why Jim would make a great Dlc Char or not !

Pro's:

1. Jim has a unique kind of being he's something different from other Char in current roaster
  2. Jim could include a kind of different playstyle which his remarkeable use of his head as fighting tool (Gameseries) and everyone aswell lover Lazer's :D
  3. He's so homourful and need's some love.

Con's:

1. He's not a original Nintendo Char
  2. Jim might be a kind to bit crazy for smash
  3. It's a earthworm and you consider this as a fighter ? Kappa

PS: Looking up the forum's i discover a very old thread with less effort put into so I decide myself making a new one with more effort put into and give some background knowledge.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Yes.

Yes, I would like this.

Who owns Interplay these days and why don't I have Clay Smashers 65 2/68ths as a better Smash ripoff than Playstation All Stars was?

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Yes.

Yes, I would like this.

Who owns Interplay these days and why don't I have Clay Smashers 65 2/68ths as a better Smash ripoff than Playstation All Stars was?
Double Helix Games

Which is owned by Amazon.

lol.

Top Bottom