• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Straight from the Isle of Armor... Its the (now updated) Urshifu Support Thread

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
Last week, during the January Pokémon Direct, a lot of awesome new content was revealed... Now that the Isle of Armor is released and we know more about this pokémon, i've slightly uodated my thread...

One thing that really caught my eye was the new Legendary Pokémon, Urshifu. I just had to rush to be the first to make a support thread on Smashboards, since a lot of others are turning him down because he looks like a furry... Here we go...

I initially forgot, but the image where it shows his percent will show both of there heads in a match. There roster picture will just show SS Form's head. Once selected & choosing colors, both can be seen standing in the image.

downloadfile.jpg

When the match starts, Urshifu will actually enter as his Single-Strike Form. He enters by popping out of a Pokéball, like Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon.

Let's Deal with Kirby... He'll be covered in blackish fur and have the ribbon-like things of whichever form of Urshifu he inhaled.

Next, Let's handle Urshifu's alts. There will be a seperate section for both forms. They are numbered, and each corresponds with that same number on the other form list.

Single Strike Alts:
1. Normal

2. Gigantimax
(Urshifu looks like he does in his single-strike gigantimax form)

3. Shiny
(While it is unknown whether urshifu will have any type of shiny, I believe he will. All his colors just change to his shiny form)

4. White
(All the fur on Urshifu turns white.)

5. Cubchoo
(Urshifu is colores white and blue to resemble the pokemon Cubchoo)

6. Cubfu
(Urshifu is turned a sandy brown color to resemble his p re-evolved form Cubfu)

7. Blue
(All white fur on him is now dark blue. All Yellow turns black)

8. Green
(All black fur on him is now green)

Rapid Strike Alts:
1. Normal

2. Gigantamax
(He always appears as his Gigantimax Rapid-Strike form)

3. Shiny

4. Black
(To be the Yang to White Single-Strike Form's Yin, all fur, no matter the color, turns deep black)

5. Cubchoo
(Same as Single-Strike Form, light blues & whites are used to resemble Cubchoo)

6. Cubfu
(Same as SS Form, dusty browns & whites create a palette to resemble Cubfu)

7. Red
(All White fur on Urshifu turns Red, and all yellow fur turns black)

8. Yellow
(All black fur on him turns a goldish-yellow)

Urshifu would be the first character added as DLC, that originated as DLC in his game.

And Now for the big part... The Moveset...
Except I don't currently have a complete one yet, because we know almost nothing about this Pokémon.
(Although I do know that Urshifu has a different final Smash for both of his forms)
So here's what I have:

D Special - Style Switch
(Switches Urshifu's Form, similar to pokémon trainer)

Final Smash (SS Style)- Gigantamax Swipe
(Urshifu gigantamaxes to giga bowser-like size, and swipes from the left side of the screen, all the way to the right.)

Final Smash (RS Style)- Gigantamax Comet
(He gigantamaxes and throws down multiple giant chops and pucnhes down on the stage. This deals Water Type Damage, as Urshifu is a water type in this form)

I haven't updated the moveset, since I haven't gotten the Isle of Armor! Drop Moveset ideas below, and I'll come up with my own version soon...

What do you guys think? Would you like Urshifu to be the Gen 8 Rep in Smash?

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I think a gen 8 rep is pretty damn inevitable. Especially considering Sakurai has apparently been playing a lot of SwSh.

Honestly the biggest reason I want a gen 8 rep is for the music, but I want a cool Poke to go along with it. Pokemon are usually very unique in Smash, so I think whatever we get will end up being good. Who I think will be the best however is a different matter.

The starters don't really appeal to me. I don't want Rilaboom JUST because they're a grass starter you know? Urshifu, more than any other gen 8 mon, just screams Smash to me, and I think they would be a great addition. Seems pretty likely too, as they may want to use them to promote the DLC.

I don't personally feel Sakurai will go for making two complete movesets for Urshifu, but I do see both single and rapid strike style being implemented within the same moveset.

Last week, during the January Pokémon Direct, a lot of awesome new content was revealed...

One thing that really caught my eye was the new Legendary Pokémon, Urshifu. I just had to rush to be the first to make a support thread on Smashboards, since a lot of others are turning him down because he looks like a furry... Here we go...

I initially forgot, but the image where it shows his percent will show both of there heads in a match. There roster picture will just show SS Form's head. Once selected & choosing colors, both can be seen standing in the image.

View attachment 257365
When the match starts, Urshifu will actually enter as his Single-Strike Form. He enters by popping out of a Pokéball, like Pokémon Trainer's Pokémon.

Let's Deal with Kirby... He'll be covered in blackish fur and have the ribbon-like thinks of whichever form of Urshifu he inhaled.

Next, Let's handle Urshifu's alts. There will be a seperate secion for both forms. They are numbered, and each corresponds with that same number on the other form list.

Single Strike Alts:
1. Normal

2. Gigantimax
(Urshifu looks like he does in his single-strike gigantimax form)

3. Shiny
(While it is unknown whether urshifu will have any type of shiny, I believe he will. All his colors just change to his shiny form)

4. White
(All the fur on Urshifu turns white.)

5. Cubchoo
(Urshifu is colores white and blue to resemble the pokemon Cubchoo)

6. Cubfu
(Urshifu is turned a sandy brown color to resemble his p re-evolved form Cubfu)

7. Blue
(All white fur on him is now dark blue. All Yellow turns black)

8. Green
(All black fur on him is now green)

Rapid Strike Alts:
1. Normal

2. Gigantamax
(He always appears as his Gigantimax Rapid-Strike form)

3. Shiny

4. Black
(To be the Yang to White Single-Strike Form's Yin, all fur, no matter the color, turns deep black)

5. Cubchoo
(Same as Single-Strike Form, light blues & whites are used to resemble Cubchoo)

6. Cubfu
(Same as SS Form, dusty browns & whites create a palette to resemble Cubfu)

7. Red
(All White fur on Urshifu turns Red, and all yellow fur turns black)

8. Yellow
(All black fur on him turns a goldish-yellow)

Urshifu would be the first character added as DLC, that originated as DLC in his game.

And Now for the big part... The Moveset...
Except I don't currently have a complete one yet, because we know almost nothing about this Pokémon.
(Although I do know that Urshifu has a different final Smash for both of his forms
So here's what I have:

D Special - Style Switch
(Switches Urshifu's Form, similar to pokémon trainer)

Final Smash (SS Style)- Gigantamax Swipe
(Urshifu gigantamaxes to giga bowser-like size, and swipes from the left side of the screen, all the way to the right.)

Final Smash (RS Style)- Gigantamax Comet
(He gigantamaxes and throws down multiple giant chops and pucnhes down on the stage. This deals Water Type Damage, as Urshifu is a water type in this form)

And remember, I will update this post as soon as more is known about Urshifu and his moves.

What do you guys think? Would you like Urshifu to be the Gen 8 Rep in Smash?
LOL! Furry huh? People are weird.

Last edited:

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
I honestly expected this thread to be bigger, I've seen so many urshifu supporters everywhere, and yet theres only two supporters here.
I've expected a lot more supporters too... I've seen this all over the internet and I'm surprised Igot to make this thread first... I hope it booms when we k ow more about this Pokémon

傑明洛

Smash Cadet
Although I'm a pretty big Pokémon fan, I personally don't want another Pokémon in this fighter's pass, especially since it would just feel like a gen 8 advertisement... However, I do agree that pokemon fighters tend to be unique, much better than FE characters imo. I also agree that Urshifu would probably be the best gen 8 rep and would fit well in Smash. I hate the fact that people ask for Rilaboom just cause we "need" a final grass starter, that's dumb and he's not a popular enough pokemon to be in Smash!

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Although I'm a pretty big Pokémon fan, I personally don't want another Pokémon in this fighter's pass, especially since it would just feel like a gen 8 advertisement... However, I do agree that pokemon fighters tend to be unique, much better than FE characters imo. I also agree that Urshifu would probably be the best gen 8 rep and would fit well in Smash. I hate the fact that people ask for Rilaboom just cause we "need" a final grass starter, that's dumb and he's not a popular enough pokemon to be in Smash!
Two misconceptions I needa break here
1. Most FE characters are unique (Corrin, Byleth, Robin, Ike, and Marth are all the original ones. Roy is a Marth clone, Lucina is a Marth echo, and Chrom is a Roy echo, which by all technicality, means he's a Marth clone. That's three unoriginal characters. That definitely need fixing honestly.
2. As owner of the Rillaboom thread, the grass typing thing is only a side thing, another extra reason for wanting rillaboom, never the main reason.

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
1. Most FE characters are unique (Corrin, Byleth, Robin, Ike, and Marth are all the original ones. Roy is a Marth clone, Lucina is a Marth echo, and Chrom is a Roy echo, which by all technicality, means he's a Marth clone. That's three unoriginal characters. That definitely need fixing honestly.
2. As owner of the Rillaboom thread, the grass typing thing is only a side thing, another extra reason for wanting rillaboom, never the main reason.
Personally, i chose Sobble, but my second choice was grookey, so I'd be happy with either of their evo's too! (Middle or fully).

And I actually think Lucina is perfectly fine, and don't like Marth... Just an opinion, but I hope she doesn't get taken off a roster any time soon

傑明洛

Smash Cadet
I'm saying, to me, pokemon characters are usually more unique not only in movesets, but especially designs. There's only so many anime sword fighters I can see before they just feel generic. I also just hate that all but two of the FE characters have a down b counter.
Also, of course rillaboom has a fanbase, every pokemon does. But MANY people have just been wanting a grass starter. Although I would argue sceptile is much more of a fan favorite, people have been guessing rillaboom cause he's the most recent and therefore more likely. I don't hate rillaboom, but I definitely don't see him as enough of a fan favorite that'll make it into Smash.

Last edited:

BUFF MY PUFF

Smash Apprentice
I'm saying, to me, pokemon characters are usually more unique not only in movesets, but especially designs. There's only so many anime sword fighters I can see before they just feel generic. I also just hate that all but two of the FE characters have a down b counter.
Also, of course rillaboom has a fanbase, every pokemon does. But MANY people have just been wanting a grass starter. Although I would argue sceptile is much more of a fan favorite, people have been guessing rillaboom cause he's the most recent and therefore more likely. I don't hate rillaboom, but I definitely don't see him as enough of a fan favorite that'll make it into Smash.
Sorry, it's a bit late for Sceptile. However, I'm pretty sure that gen 3 is the only gen where there isn't a starter nobody likes.

Personally, I'd most want:
Cinderace, set being
B Blaze Kick, basically Falcon punch
Side B Pyro ball, charged shot, kicked like a soccer ball
Up B Flame Charge, like Ganon's up B except long, faster, weaker, burn damage
Down B Counter- You think of a better idea

Iv'e just seen and known people who want Rillaboom.

Voodoo7995

Smash Journeyman
Sorry, it's a bit late for Sceptile. However, I'm pretty sure that gen 3 is the only gen where there isn't a starter nobody likes.

Personally, I'd most want:
Cinderace, set being
B Blaze Kick, basically Falcon punch
Side B Pyro ball, charged shot, kicked like a soccer ball
Up B Flame Charge, like Ganon's up B except long, faster, weaker, burn damage
Down B Counter- You think of a better idea

Iv'e just seen and known people who want Rillaboom.
I think it would be fun to have a basic, 1st evo, and second evo starter for every gen. They could put in Solo Squirtle, Solo Charizard, and Solo Ivysaur as echo of PT for this.

Gen 2:
Basic- Chikorita (Just felt she had to be right here)

1st- Croconaw (I just like it's design)

2nd- Typhlosion (easily the most qualified of the 3)

Gen 3: (this was super hard, becuase I think they are all awesome)
Basic- Torchic (seems super capable of fighting, even without any arms)

1st- Grovyle (well-known thanks to mystery dungeon, and is super capable as a grass type fighter)

2nd- Swampert / Mega Swampert (My favorite of the 3)

Gen 4: (again, love all of these, and no, i didn't realize this is the same pattern as gen 3 until after I finished it)
Basic- Chimchar (my favorite of the Basics)

1st- Grotle (Just an awesome mon, and one of my most favorites)

2nd- Empoleon (Water and Steel is an Awesome typing,and Empoleon is an amazing pokémon)

Gen 5: (Seriously? The bigfest dex addition and no playable pokemon in Smash?! WHAT?!)
Basic- Snivy (I actually do want Snivy Playable)

1st- Pignite (Deal with it)

2nd- Samurott (Just down-right awesome)

Gen 6:
Basic- Chespin

1st- Braixen

2nd- Greninja (obviously)

Gen 6:
Basic- Popplio (Slow and small, but could be cool)

1st- Dartrix

2nd- Incineroar (Duh...)

Gen 8:
Basic- Scorbunny

1st- Drizzile OR Thwackey

2nd- Inteleon OR Rillaboom

Just opinions

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Though I've never been a huge Urshifu fan, after playing through the Isle of Armor, I got really attached to my Urshifu. I'd love to see it in Smash, though I don't know exactly how they would implement its two forms. I would prefer if it could transform freely between its forms. Even though that's not exactly accurate to the games, it feels more accurate than having one moveset that's a combination between the two forms.

Top Bottom