• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Straight Airborne PK Fire

ethadream

Smash Rookie
I know this has been posted before, but I can't find the old thread.

Overview: If you use PK Fire at a certain height in the air, Ness will land, and PK Fire will shoot out horizontally. This gives mobility to PK Fire.

In the old thread, this was deemed useless because it was too hard to pull off.

However, today, I pulled off about 5 consecutive ... um ... straight airborne PK Fire? Someone please give a name to this, lol. I'm sorry I don't have video proof, I'm poor :p. Even if it was in training, and I wasn't moving in any directions, this means that straight airborn PK Fire (darn it, I need a name) IS USEFUL.

I am by no means a great competitive player, and no one has heard of me. I mainly play Yoshi and Ness offline with my friends, but I can do most of the advanced techniques. If I can pull of 5 consecutive you-know-what, anyone can.

As an aid, if you short hop, you should see Ness' arm going up. When his arm is about to be perpendicular to his body, you activate PK Fire. The timing is around that time.

I don't know the mechanics of this.

I just want to bring this up again, so people don't forget about this.

Together with this, PK Fire Lag cancel, and PK Jump, Ness' Pk Fire will be so much better.

By the way, I was wondering how exactly to do Pk Fire lag cancel. I read the AT guide, but I still couldn't figure it out.

Thanks,
Ethadream

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Doesn't Ness have to land for it to be straight? If so how will you PK Fire Lag Cancel theres not enough time to air dodge.

acojan

Smash Apprentice
u can killis SAP-K fire or RAPKF (redirected airborne pk fiyah)

i still haven't been able to pull it off T_T

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Hmm... you say you got a SHHPKF (short hop horizontal PKF) done 5 times in a row?
That's crazy.

But where exactly did you do this? Because, it isn't useless just because its hard to do, but also because the PKF goes directly into the ground, making it travel hardly anywhere before it goes away. This makes it only possible if you used it near an edge or on a level with uneven ground that is lower than you (ex. Yoshi's island). This is actually the main reson it's not so useful.

I tried the timing and you are right my man. It's very accurate, and pretty easy to tell. Now Pirate ship is even better for Ness! It's right about when his fists reach his neck.

For the PKFLC, you cannot PKFLC everything. Only aerial PKFs.
To see it in action, just try full jumping and using PKF as soon as you leave the ground. Not near the peak of the jump, but ASAP. Before you land, press L and instead of those big poofy white clouds of smoke, you will see these thin grey ones in the shape of a circle.

To PKFLC, you must cancel the aerial drop lag. Ness experiences lag when you PKF in the air, but it's a strange kind. Ness can do anything he wants in the air before he lands as if there were no lag. But if you land without any action, he gets a LOT of lag.

Because of Ness' ability to cancel this "drop lag," he can PKFLC, but it's only doable at certain heights.
The height of this technique can be easily achieved with a full jumped PKF, PK Jump, or Firebound.

ethadream

Smash Rookie
Oh right, I just noticed the whole time I had been doing this on the edge of Final Destination, no wonder when I try to fire it inland, it doesn't work. But it feels so cool when you do it. This might make the Pillar Spiking thing easier.

Thanks on the info about PKFLC

Top Bottom