• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stos' Matches. All on spaces animals though.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Stos (Link) Vs. NB$ (Fox)

Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SKz_RVHGgg

Stos (Link) vs. NBS (Falco)

Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL-uyROtgvg
Match 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOFPtO_fKDA

Stos (Link) vs. Owned (Fox)

Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4Y8YV25BIs
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbkomkpP8vM

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Those are the videos, and yes, maybe some Link players would ask me why don't you use spin attack? Answer: I hate it. I only do it sometimes as an offensive move. So please tips, rate and also talk about the video. But only in this thread. Aight iam outy

EDit also if the link doesn't work, click it again.

Dark_Crono

Smash Journeyman
-Dont try to grab fox TOO much because youll miss, that fox could have punish you a lot of times with his Usmash.
- Always play safe against fox and falco.
- Even if you dont like it sometimes you have to use the spin attack and spike because its a guaranteed kill.

Well if you like to grab so much at least try to tech chase with the Dthrow against fox and falco when they are at low damage and then you can use your Uthrow for combos.
Another thing i saw is that your abusing the Nair you could go for more damage with the spinning sword

tHrilla`

Smash Journeyman
im not going to give you any advice, simply because there's probably no advice you haven't heard a million times over by now; the same goes for any experienced player. for instance, i doubt you learned something new from what dark crono had to suggest.

i watched the first match of each set, and i enjoyed them. mainly because it felt like i was watching myself play. we play a very similar style of link, very. i'm a link main and i'm obsessed with dash-dancing>wave-dashing, lol.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
thrilla lol i didn't learn any **** from those post's, :p i mean link i just love to grab and grab :p, and yes i don't play safe i just go and f*ck up the opponent, :p, and still won't use up and b, i hate it! very much, but i love it when iam recovering and bomb jumping, :p and yes its 6:47 toronto time and its morning, i couldn't sleep lol, that why your seeing a lot of this :p. and yes if you give me an advice (no offence dark crono) make it long , well not that long i mean something that will ACTUALLY help me, no **** like pull out a bomb infront of fox. aight iam out and BTW i have skool! :p:p:p

MASAHIROx

Smash Lord
iight...dude the best advice i can give is to find better comp...i know its hard in NE but wheres cort at!? i would get to be friends w/ him....seriously...thats whats is gonna make you better the fastest..not telling what you are doing wrong but getting to be friends with a very good experienced smasher....who will just tell you as you guys play...

nice link...bit choppy...both foxes seemed to not tech well enough or DI...nice combos especially on the first vid even tho he ran into it.

i grab a lot just like you cuz i love it...i get punished for it but i still love it!!! =) but i up b and projectile spam wAYY more than you doo...

dawg come check out my vids now...everybody hates me in this room thingy...

my friend doll ( hes in some of the vids ) was trained under husband and wife and now hes one of the best peach players on the east coast...get to be tight w/ someone thats better than theses foxes...no offence, but my best advice

NOW COME TAKE A LOOK AT MY VIDS!!! i need mad help...

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
lol sorry man for the short post but im not the kind of guy who can right you a whole page of 3 videos of smash
lol my bad i think i was bit to harsh :p and yes the grab thingy kinda helped me out at todays match :p

Aeramis

Smash Ace
Yeah, you were ok but those foxs/falcos weren't that good from those matches I saw. I agree with MASAHIROx and Dark_Crono big time with most everything they said but against fox/falco, I would have thrown in more range attacks to tackles then combos to smash. Shffled forward airs are my link's best friend along with tons and tons of bombs/boomerang chucking to keep the enemy at bay or stunned. Sex kicks are good for finishing enemies trying to come back (if they come back high, if low just use spin spike) but keep in mind if they are out of range to where you can edgehog kill them go for that. Grabbing is good when they try to attack and are stuck in animation, like tackles (aka shield grabs). If you like grappling for offense alot use a boomerang on the ground 1st hard upwards then run towards your enemy and grapple right before it come back. They will be forced to shield or try to dodge all of it if done correctly. Seems to work well for me. Your wavedashing was pretty good for most part. I wouldn't over use it with link though, I do like his dash short hop wavelandings for suprise attacks or closing in on the enemy. Hope that helps alittle.

Top Bottom