• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Storyline importance is not everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
Many think that storyline importance is everything for being playable in Brawl. Storyline importance is not the biggest factor for being playable in Brawl. Zeela12 is an example of that. A Boba type character is a character who has a significant fanbase but has little or no storyline importance. A Jar Jar type character is a character who has significant storyline importance but is poorly received. Jar Jar type characters do not necessarily have a chance of being in Brawl. Ayra is considered by some to be an example of a Boba type character, while Eliwood is considered by some to be an example of a Jar Jar type character. Zeela12 thinks Jar Jar type Fire Emblem characters have a higher chance of being playable in SSB series than Boba type characters. I think otherwise.

RWB

Smash Ace
Eliwoods chances are greater than Ayras, his sword is uniquely styled in the FE-games(Durandal), him actually being the main character of FE7 with Hector and Lyn as secondary Lords(being a main character does heighten your chances quite a bit).

Eliwood isn't a Jar Jar in the western part of the world.

The only things going for Ayra is retroism and possibly gender.
Ayra has a style which could be used by any character with an acrobatic swordstyle such as Mia(who appeared in the poll, ranking high, is also female, stars in two games), Lyn(Secondary main character, quite popular in the west, also female), or even Ike!
Ayra is only liked much in Japan, where there is still more people liking Sigurd better just from her own game.

I think Eliwoods chances are slim, but not quite as slim as Ayras.

Zeela12

Smash Ace
Lol, we were talking in another thred and I guess he liked a character a bit too much for his own good. I told him that that character has a very slim chance of getting in (Ayra) and he got mad at me, so now hes trying to flame me this way -^

I don't need to say anything else anymore, cus RWB says my exact point, and trust me, any one with common sense would agree.

Chidosengan

Smash Lord
Wow! I actually get what this guy's saying!

I think what he's saying in a nutshell is that the significance of a character's role in said game shouldn't be a factor to decide which characters to be chosen for brawl. In other words, supporting characters should have as much chance as main characters.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Star Wars Metaphors = You wont be takes seriusly for making yourself look like a nerd

Its harsh, but its the truth.

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
The only things going for Ayra is retroism and possibly gender.
Ayra has a style which could be used by any character with an acrobatic swordstyle such as Mia(who appeared in the poll, ranking high, is also female, stars in two games), Lyn(Secondary main character, quite popular in the west, also female), or even Ike!
Ayra is only liked much in Japan, where there is still more people liking Sigurd better just from her own game.

Ayra is one of the most well received Fire Emblem characters in Japan. Since Super Smash Bros. Melee, she has been gaining a lasting foothold in the United States. I am one of the biggest western Ayra fans ever. Her chances of being in Brawl are obviously underrated due to common misconceptions.

Ayra is NOT the least deserving of any Fire Emblem character to be in Brawl, unlike what many believe (based on a common misconception about her role in the story). Her chances are no slimmer than any GBA Swordmaster. She does have significance in the story of Fire Emblem: Seisen no Keifu, including the Isaacian-Grandbellian War which triggers the story. She started the Swordmaster class, which is arguably the most popular Fire Emblem class. Eliwood is not as well received as the other GBA Fire Emblem Lords. The GBA Lords are supported only by the western audience.

As the thread title implies, the significance of a character's role in his or her original game's story should not be the dominant factor for being playable in the Super Smash Bros. series. Jar Jar type characters will more likely be a flop if they get to be playable in the Super Smash Bros. series.

LostAddict

Smash Apprentice
...So essentially, you've made three topics, all to praise Ayra. Some generally unwanted Fire Emblem character. Wait, 4, cause you made another one saying you won't like the game unless she's in it. So, I guess, you won't be liking Brawl, cause her chances are slim. And that's putting it nicely.

DH_Ninja

Smash Ace
Like i said before on a previous thread. Your kinda going overboard with this don't you think??

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
how dare you dompare eliwood to jar jar. i mean, i get what you're saying, but cmon, thats just harsh man! JAR JAR!?!?!?

"yousa follow me now okiday?"

just die you big eared freak.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Tedius, get a clue.

Your precious Ayra's chances of getting into Brawl are slim to none. Stop making a whole bunch of bloody threads about her.

Smooth Criminal

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace
Tedius, get a clue.

Your precious Ayra's chances of getting into Brawl are slim to none. Stop making a whole bunch of bloody threads about her.

Smooth Criminal
heheh.......

tedius by name.....tedius by nature! HAHAHAAA!! i is teh funnay man!

seriously though, hes right. you do make a lot of threads. and hoping for ayra is a fools hope. and we all know how Mr T feels about fools.

Tedius Zanarukando

Smash Apprentice
Tedius, get a clue.

Smooth Criminal
No, Ayra's chances are highly underrated, based on common misconceptions, and biased against (only because of me). You all have misconceptions about her role in her story and rely on storyline importance alone.

My favorite Nintendo character was originally Luigi, throughout most of my life. Shortly after Melee was released, Marth happened to overtake Luigi as my favorite Nintendo character. By the time the Nintendo DS launched, Ayra became my favorite Nintendo character.

LukeFonFabre

Smash Lord
Ayra is one of the most well received Fire Emblem characters in Japan. Since Super Smash Bros. Melee, she has been gaining a lasting foothold in the United States. I am one of the biggest western Ayra fans ever. Her chances of being in Brawl are obviously underrated due to common misconceptions.
And there lies the problem of Arya's chances. Her chances are not underrated at all, she's simply an unrealistic chioce due to her lack of significance in her own story and her Japanese exclusivity. And I love how you forget to say that both of the Lords in the game where she comes from are far more popular than she is, and instead you hate one Eliwood.

And why have you made so many ****ing topics on this. Instead of just keeping it in the Arya thread, you've made this topic, made the 'underrated' character topic to again display your love for Arya (you only mentioned the other characters so it didn't look like a blatant Arya support thread), then you make an 'overrated' character thread just to flame Eliwood and Mia (and Lip for some reason) because you can't face the fact that they are far more likely than Arya. Seriously, what is your problem, you're freaking obsessed with this girl.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Ayra sucks.

I've never played Fire Emblem, but if you're going to make three topics about a character I've never heard of, I'm going to have to close them with a biting remark.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom