• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Storybook Series Ballet - Ch. 5 Voting (Closed)

Who should be discussed after Rosalina & Luma?

• Bowser Jr.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Charizard

• Dark Pit

• Donkey Kong

• Dr. Mario

• Dunk Hunt

• Falco

• Ganondorf

• Greninja

• Ike

• Jigglypuff

• King Dedede

• Kirby

• Link

• Little Mac

• Lucina

• Mario

• Marth

• Meta Knight

• Mii Brawler

• Mii Gunner

• Mii Swordfighter

• Mr. Game & Watch

• Olimar

• Pac-Man

• Palutena

• Peach

• Pit

• R.O.B.

• Robin

• Samus (Powersuit)

• Shulk

• Toon Link

• Wii Fit Trainer

• Yoshi

• Zelda

• Rediscuss past character (specify)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
As I would like to keep simple voting posts out of the main thread, I'll be creating these threads to condense discussion of who to talk about in the future. Please consider your choices, as this affects progress. Also, I'm going to make votes public because I want to know who is voting on what; and, whether or not they have (good) reasons to back up what they wish to talk about. If I see any trolly votes or those that seem a bit outlandish, I'm going to disregard them unless I'm certain that something will come about putting the character forth.

... As for what constitutes a dumb vote...? Well, that should be according to the criterion I posted in the master thread. Unless there's something about Charizard, for example, that we just HAVE to know about, I think it would be more logical if we talked about rising metagame stars, or problematic matchups for Sonic like those with strong projectile/zone-control games... of which I could give you a laundry list, I'm not going to give specific names.

A note to those reading: I've decided to limit votes to one. I understand that some people may want to talk about multiple matchups or can't decide on which one may be more important to bring up sooner; but, you have to understand, this project is in its baby steps. I need to take it slow, and I want to move at a consistent pace. If I feel that progression can happen more quickly, I'll allow it then; but, for now, I'd like to keep it simple and clean.

Please cast your vote wisely!
New week, new gauntlet. Choose your fighter!

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
I agree with the need of the Diddy talk, but I'd rather see a discussion about Captain Falcon, as I personally think he is a hard match up for us.

I always have troubles with falcon's players, maybe it's just me.

By the way, really nice initiative, Kinzer

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I agree that Falcon is a lot more of a threat to Sonic than people would like to admit.

:093:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Really? I've fought some Falcon mains and didn't have much problem. His recovery is perfect
for our Spring gimps.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, edgeguarding him is by far our strongest domain but…

If you SDR into shield and SDJ, that's basically a free OoS Bair from Falcon if they know anything about this game, and that Bair can now kill as early as 90%.

His Uair juggles wrack up damage like mad and make landing even more of a hell than it already is, and his overall movement, speed, and combo game makes it quite manageable for him to keep up with us. Besides his Bair, a lot of his moves KO far earlier for no real reason. His jab and tilts have more range than ours too. He was already like, a near even match-up for us in Brawl when he was trash (Ally would CP with Falcon against Sonic a lot), and now that Falcon got buffed and is actually good again, he can be really frustrating.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Yes, Falcon is one of those characters who can easily punish both a SJ if you don't Spring out of it and the HA on shield.

Still, I don't think this is too bad since he can't approach well from the air and thus relies a lot on dashgrabs and dash attacks.. And I feel that that's what Sonics really want opponents to do: initiate so we can punish accordingly.

Last edited:

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
That's all you need to do really. Get a lead, then laugh because Falcon is as good at approaching as Sonic is.

:192:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I guess the match-up could be easier if you just camp him out…

Fun.

Myst_R

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ellyde
But how do you deal with a campy Falcon ? A Falcon that overly rolls and spot dodge

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Forgot not that Falcon wasn't the only one to get some nice toys in the new smash.

This version of the fight is basically what Brawl's should've been. Combos and moving 'round at the speed of sound 'n shizz.

Edit: Simple. You predict their roll and grab or dash / smash attack.

Last edited:

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Vote is tied between Diddy and Fox at two.

I'd like to keep this open for one more day and bump this to see if anybody else has a way to swing the votes into somebody's favor.

... I also need the extra day to finally post my write-up on the Rosalina matchup. I may not be 6WX; but, I would like to think that my experiences with her can be valuable to someone who has absolutely none.

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Hard to choose between fox and diddy. I struggle with fox a lot more, but diddys more common. I'll go with diddy this time.. We should do fox next tho.

:242:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom