• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

story mode problem

smashbro29

Smash Champion
NNID
Smashbro29
3DS FC
2724-0750-5127
is pt going with the pokemon in the background? also to make his story serious there just to be mewtwo and lucario as seperate playable characters (has nothing to do with anything but i thought id throw that in)

Rakath

Smash Ace
Trainer will probably follow his minion around, otherwise you can't do Change. It would be interesting if they made some stages single Pokemon only as a part of Storyline (akin to the X-Men fighting game where Wolverine goes through a match without supers and regeneration due to a loss of powers).

tirkaro

Smash Champion
hehe, its rakath from the BnG forums.

anyway, obviously red will follow his pokemon around. how exactly that will work is beyond me, makes just as much sense as red on rumble falls

Silent_Hill_Crossing

Smash Apprentice
is pt going with the pokemon in the background? also to make his story serious there just to be mewtwo and lucario as seperate playable characters (has nothing to do with anything but i thought id throw that in)
Mewtwo and Lucario would be seperate characters. Akin to Pikachu. No PT there.

And I'm guessing PT will be in the back ground following his Pokemon. Sort of odd but yeah.

Rakath

Smash Ace
hehe, its rakath from the BnG forums.

anyway, obviously red will follow his pokemon around. how exactly that will work is beyond me, makes just as much sense as red on rumble falls
What gave me away... aside from my lack of imagination with forum screenames? ^_^

Zallipus

Smash Cadet
I imagine most of the stages involving Pokemon Trainer will allow him to easily be in the background and such, though I don't remember if you can revist stages or not.

Cinder

Smash Master
Trainer will probably follow his minion around, otherwise you can't do Change. It would be interesting if they made some stages single Pokemon only as a part of Storyline (akin to the X-Men fighting game where Wolverine goes through a match without supers and regeneration due to a loss of powers).
Good idea...

Last time I checked, PT wasn't a cripple...he CAN walk...

You know, it's funny...I thought my computer saved my post, but I guess it never got through -__-

SonicSpeed

Smash Journeyman
I think the cutscenes will involve him but during the battles and actually moving and what not it will be all the pokemon.
How BA would that be if the music from the cartoon where two trainers fight is playing in the background?

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I think that in the cutscenes Pikachu will be shown as one of PT's pokemon, similar to the Anime and Pokemon Yellow where he isn't in the pokeball.

Darkraid

Smash Champion
Maybe he doesn't appear at all! Sakurai must know of a way to deal with this problem.

~*Ice Climbers*~

Smash Cadet
Easy

He can walk on 'walkable' stages

He'll be in a platform with moving stages and such

If he isn't in there at all...How would the pokemon change?

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I have a feeling PT will be paired up with Pikachu during adventure mode
I doubt it. The design for the trainer is from Red and Blue, and I'm not sure Nintendo really counts Yellow as anything more than follow-up to the anime...

Silver Flame

Smash Ace
it makes sense that he would meet up with the seperate playable pokemon and they would travel togeather, there could be a cutscene where PT's pokemon talk to the other pokemon ( pikachu, possibly jiggy, mewtwo(seems more like a boss like character for PT), lucario(hope!)) and try to convey that this pokemon wishes to come with him and help fight this evil. however they would remain *wild*(seperately playable).

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Having a flying PKMN carry him around nooks and crannies would make sense. I doubt that he'd just vanish from the scene like Nana does when Popo is knocked out of the ring. That would seem so half-*****. )=

As for partnering, I could totally see Pikachu adventuring with him too.

yoshi_friend

Smash Apprentice
What would happen when the pokemon are attacked into the air?
would he fly up with them?
if they jumped off, would he jump off too?

Vincent Vega

Smash Journeyman
It would be cool if PT's story mode was like 3 mini story modes for each of his pokemon. That way it won't look weird having him just follow in the backround.. o_0

Darky Dee

Smash Journeyman
Maybe his story has to do with his three Pokemon getting stolen from another 'evil' Pokemon Trainer, and he has allied himself with the Subspace Army, and the Pokemon Trainer character doesn't appear at all. So after running away from the 'evil' Pokemon Trainer, you only see the Pokemon that you're controlling, and Pikachu lends a hand to help you find your trainer.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
bike is okay, but it runs into trouble in stuff like huge jumps and platforms and stuff like that

Top Bottom