• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Story Mode for BRAWL!

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I always liked the adventure mode.So if they really go all out I'll be happy.:)
Imagine something adventursome, like a big immerse level for every series repped in Brawl. I imagine walking in Hyrule's fields and down the bridge of Eldin, fighting all over Donkey kong's nutty island, sneaking around Shadow Moses Island, battling in Pokemon Collosiums, hitting ! blocks in Mushroom Kingdom, getting attacked by random villagers in Smashville, etc.

Just something with gameplay depth, fun, challenge, and AI that can at least be half as good as the ALTTP AI (preferably the Zelda II AI, now that's 1987 hard! :laugh:). I hope it stays somewat the same, like teaming with random cpus, random appearances (within certain reason), etc. Maybe some story would be nice, and I imagine a big story and gameplay for Miis. Like you want to enter a fighting tourney at Pokemon Collisium, and you have to fight villiagers to train, and then take a train to Mushroom Kingdom and win some coins or something.

Just something nutty, fun, intresting, and challenging like a Super Mario Bros. side-scroller, a Zelda free roaming adventure, a DKC world map, hard AI, coop play, random but reasonable crap, and the classic SSB style! Maybe not that much focus on story, but definitely focus on gameplay and gameplay depth. I want to be able to free roam diffrent worlds and levels alike, not do the same ones over and over again in the same boring order. Put some ketchup and mustard on the adventure mode. Make it a endlessly fun adventure Sakurai, without taking away any multiplater and vs. mode components! :) ;) :psycho:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Those are some pretty cool ideas......btw don't double post..
I didn't even know my first post went through, and it got all erased. Then I rewrote it, and realized the post got posted, when it said cannot find server. It's the servers fault not mine. Expect some of that to happen since there are currently some server errors. Also, I can't use the edit button at all, so that kicks in too.

On-Toic: Ya, pretty much I want freeroaming. I want to hear SMB playing in the backgound, have a Lakito (those cloud guys) drop spikeys on me, hit blocks, and be fighting Luigi in some random Mushroom Kingdom spot as a Mii. It doesn't even have to be that big, heck one area the size of the Mushroom Kingdom adventure mode stage for each series would be fine with me.

Also some dugeon levels like the Temple one would be awsome too. But these are just my ideas, imagine what Sakurai could be thinking, imagine the genius. I'm sure he'll craft it beatifully. Even if the AI sucks, walking around your fav areas from your fav games in co-op is awsome! :) But again, those are my thoughts. ;)

Brockman5

Smash Ace
I didn't even know my first post went through, and it got all erased. Then I rewrote it, and realized the post got posted, when it said cannot find server. It's the servers fault not mine. Expect some of that to happen since there are currently some server errors. Also, I can't use the edit button at all, so that kicks in too.

On-Toic: Ya, pretty much I want freeroaming. I want to hear SMB playing in the backgound, have a Lakito (those cloud guys) drop spikeys on me, hit blocks, and be fighting Luigi in some random Mushroom Kingdom spot as a Mii. It doesn't even have to be that big, heck one area the size of the Mushroom Kingdom adventure mode stage for each series would be fine with me.

Also some dugeon levels like the Temple one would be awsome too. But these are just my ideas, imagine what Sakurai could be thinking, imagine the genius. I'm sure he'll craft it beatifully. Even if the AI sucks, walking around your fav areas from your fav games in co-op is awsome! :) But again, those are my thoughts. ;)
It's fine it wasn't your fault...
It must've sucked..you had to type all that over again...

Yeah imagine hitting some ! blocks with Capt. Olimar..awesome..
Hopping on a Yoshi..with Metaknight..think of the possibilities..

I have faith in Mr.Sakurai he is pure genius..and what ever happens you know it will be great because he hasn't failed us yet...and hopefuly he doesn't anytime soon..:) :lick::laugh:

NukeA6

Smash Master
Imagine something adventursome, like a big immerse level for every series repped in Brawl. I imagine walking in Hyrule's fields and down the bridge of Eldin, fighting all over Donkey kong's nutty island, sneaking around Shadow Moses Island, battling in Pokemon Collosiums, hitting ! blocks in Mushroom Kingdom, getting attacked by random villagers in Smashville, etc.

Just something with gameplay depth, fun, challenge, and AI that can at least be half as good as the ALTTP AI (preferably the Zelda II AI, now that's 1987 hard! :laugh:). I hope it stays somewat the same, like teaming with random cpus, random appearances (within certain reason), etc. Maybe some story would be nice, and I imagine a big story and gameplay for Miis. Like you want to enter a fighting tourney at Pokemon Collisium, and you have to fight villiagers to train, and then take a train to Mushroom Kingdom and win some coins or something.

Just something nutty, fun, intresting, and challenging like a Super Mario Bros. side-scroller, a Zelda free roaming adventure, a DKC world map, hard AI, coop play, random but reasonable crap, and the classic SSB style! Maybe not that much focus on story, but definitely focus on gameplay and gameplay depth. I want to be able to free roam diffrent worlds and levels alike, not do the same ones over and over again in the same boring order. Put some ketchup and mustard on the adventure mode. Make it a endlessly fun adventure Sakurai, without taking away any multiplater and vs. mode components! :) ;) :psycho:
That's how I pictured what Melee's Adventure mode would be but it sure didn't go that way. I was disapointed in the end (except when Giga Bowser showed up). Maybe they'll get it right this time.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
It's fine it wasn't your fault...
It must've sucked..you had to type all that over again...

Yeah imagine hitting some ! blocks with Capt. Olimar..awesome..
Hopping on a Yoshi..with Metaknight..think of the possibilities..

I have faith in Mr.Sakurai he is pure genius..and what ever happens you know it will be great because he hasn't failed us yet...and hopefuly he doesn't anytime soon..:) :lick::laugh:
I've litterally written what would be essays over again today, so that was nothing. I should get credit for English class for next year just for that, it was so bad. Then to find out you already wrote it, is really annoying! :mad:

Yeah, just imagine crative characters like IC, G&W, maybe even Balloon Fight, Mach Rider maybe, Olimar for sure, and Miis for sure in Brawl and in this type of setting. It would be perfect I tell you, perfect. It would cover Melee's biggest and only real flaw, for sure as long as the AI is good, and the worlds are big. Just something original, but based off the old formula, ya know. It would be cool, trust me! :)

Hydde

Smash Lord
NNID
Rahrthur
My view of the brawl story mode:

-Cooperative
-able to roam stages
-Some nice plot
-dificult
-Tough bosses at the en of stages
-Mini games
-Sakurai for final boss (now he seems to the the ones behind the master hands =P)

HeroOfTime64

Smash Cadet
Apparently... In the new, This World, confirmation, Is seems as though there actually will be a story mode.

For the first time in Super Smash Bros history, We have Science behind the Smash, Method throughout the Melee, and.... Brownies? ...Within the Brawl.

We have found solid information about why everyone of our noble heroes are fighting, even though in actuality, they wouldn't normally do this. Why they are fighting Master Hand in the end makes perfect sense now.

They broke the rules. And Master Hand must make them pay.

Apparently, in the opening of Brawl, it shows Mario and Kirby forced to fight. When Kirby loses, Mario brings Kirby back to life out of guilt. This is clear violation of the rules and the clouds get dark and the Halberd emerges from the shadows appears...

...Is that... An evil version of Sandbag? A Mii?

Oh, well. Whatever. But we know that there's even more of a likelyhood of a Story Mode.

D

Deleted member

Dude, do you want me to make another thread?

I could compile all the known info we got today, if you want.

Top Bottom