• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Story Mode: A MMORPG?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I just thought of this idea, if Nintendo wanted to make a social environment like Miiverse, they could add some sort of RPG-like Story Mode. You have all the RPG elements, you travel through many different Nintendo worlds in 2D perspective. You could travel as if you are playing Kirby 64 to give a sense of exploration. Some ideas can emerge from here:

-Certain trophies could be claimed only in Story Mode, as if you were going to a temple and getting rare treasure.
-You can claim costumes for characters that you can only get from Story Mode.
-Lets say if you were playing New Super Mario Bros. U, you see Pikachu fighting off Goombas and Koopas in the background, this indicates that someone right now is play Story Mode and are now in the Acorns Plains Stage. This could be a pretty cool crossover mechanic and a great way to show off the Wii U's capabilities

Those are the ideas I can come up with right now? What do you think of it? Do you have any other ideas?

Orngeblu

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1846-4809
Uuh...do you mean Smash 4 story mode as an MMORPG, or a separate game?

Honestly, this sounds cool. I'm not sure how well it would do, though.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
A story mode where you can traverse across nintendo's locales freely is what I dreamed up. You select a fighter and walk from location to location sidescroller style but inbetween towns ya gotta fight off koopa's and such. In the towns ya can punch a trash can for coins or hop down a chimney into a hidden art room, shop at Tom Nook's for stickers to upgrade your stats and sign up at the local fighting tournament for cash prize.
Actually, traveling as your mii would make sense, as the smash bros gameplay is a bit outta whack for a sidescroller. But when ya enter a fight you select a member in your party ( Mario, Link, Pikachu etc...) to do the fighting.

Online multiplayer could work, and again I wouldn't mind the mii's so long as they don't do the fighting.

Top Bottom