• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stormy's Video Thread

storm92

Smash Ace
I haven't seen the main video thread updated for a good while, so yeah, I'm posting my own.
Hooray.
You all now get to see my terrible online/Wi-Fi Kirby. =D
As I said in the description of my video, I'm just getting used to my new controller because my last one broke at the latest tourney I went to ( =( ), plus the whole Wi-Fi + wireless controller thing makes for a bit of lag. So ignore my random stupid moves, Fsmashes when I mean to do Bair, etc.

vs Samuelson (Lucario)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ofaVsVPwks

Will update more laterzzzzzzzz.

poorboy93

Smash Cadet
Why do you fastfall Bair? I could understand Fastfalling Nair but bair?
Do you use the C-stick? You coulda had like a few more bairs in there.
Nice Fthrow to hammer tho

storm92

Smash Ace
Yeah, I use the C-stick for literally everything.
It's my new controller plus Wi-Fi that makes me seem much worse than I am.
I need to get used to the online lag I guess.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
fastfallin Bair is critical to speeding up ur Kirby, lets say i SH FF my Bair and i also use Bair at the last second so i get full extension and then immediate cancellation. I can then follow up with Utilt to defend myself if i missed or go into another shorthop. It makes ur game much much faster making it harder for ur opponent to approach u and easier for u to make openings. Also SH (shorthopping) helps u to mindgame in a normal jump Bair or other aerial. All in all it makes u faster and gives u more options.

poorboy93

Smash Cadet
Gonzo I know about shorthopping. I just thought it was better to not FastFall after every bair tho. How can you use a SHFF Bair at the last second? Do you mean before your going to hit the ground you Bair than SHFF?
I should have fully explained my self. He FF most of his bairs. He shoulda mixed it up and spaced some or do an empty SS once in a while.
Oh and sometimes he fully jumped bair'ed than FF. So I was kinda confused.

storm92

Smash Ace
Bair just before you hit the ground and it cancels the animation while keeping the hitbox out, kinda like the ground-canceled lasers.
About the full jump Bairs, occasionally I used them for spacing and getting out of the way of Lucario's ranged attacks then FF'ing a Bair to hit him after his move ends, but like at 1:45 I just accidentally full jumped.
I actually did space some, you can see when I hit with the tip of the feet or just seemingly did them randomly.

~Gonzo~

Smash Ace
i mean u SHFF then Bair so u get the longest reach but right after u get the longest reach u hit the ground and cancel the Bair so u can perform an Utilt or w/e else u want

poorboy93

Smash Cadet
OH ahah I get you, you mean hit them with bair, but SHFF it cancels the animation to combo into anything right?

Top Bottom