• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stork for Sm4sh - yeah

thoughts?

• Yes pls

Votes: 34 42.0%

Votes: 47 58.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
You insanely brilliant man. How did I not think of this? It's exactly what Sakurai might do. It's odd, but it makes perfect sense in the end.

Sign me up.

(still a big fan of Kamek, but I wouldn't complain if the stork got in over him)

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
You insanely brilliant man. How did I not think of this? It's exactly what Sakurai might do. It's odd, but it makes perfect sense in the end.

Sign me up.

(still a big fan of Kamek, but I wouldn't complain if the stork got in over him)
Added.

I like kamek, he could pretty much resume many of the koopaling powers, plus, the magic that change size, but he doesnt really represent the yoshi series THAT well :L

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Added.

I like kamek, he could pretty much resume many of the koopaling powers, plus, the magic that change size, but he doesnt really represent the yoshi series THAT well :L
He is basically the main antagonist. If we're talking importance, I'm sorry to say, but Kamek probably has the Stork beat. However, since Sakurai is looking for unique characters this time (otherwise, we would have gotten Toad over Rosalina), the Stork may have a better chance.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
the Stork may have a better chance.
.... The stork may have a better chance....?
..........The STORK may have a better chance..........
So long as we're supporting characters of the Stork's caliber, I'm throwing in my lot with DK's Banana Hoard.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
.... The stork may have a better chance....?
..........The STORK may have a better chance..........
So long as we're supporting characters of the Stork's caliber, I'm throwing in my lot with DK's Banana Hoard.
lol, I worded that badly.

...since Sakurai is looking for unique characters this time...the Stork may get in over him.

Though, frankly, I expect neither of them.

Welshy91

Smash Ace
lol, I worded that badly.

...since Sakurai is looking for unique characters this time...the Stork may get in over him.

Though, frankly, I expect neither of them.
I like a lot of the people in this thread but you all need serious help if you believe that the Stork should be anything more than a trophy. Then again this is probably a troll thread and I fell for it.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I like a lot of the people in this thread but you all need serious help if you believe that the Stork should be anything more than a trophy. Then again this is probably a troll thread and I fell for it.
Could, should, and will are all very different things.

The Stork is foremost "could".

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I did the thread because is a character i like and nobody seems to care, thats all, is fun to talk about it.

He is basically the main antagonist. If we're talking importance, I'm sorry to say, but Kamek probably has the Stork beat. However, since Sakurai is looking for unique characters this time (otherwise, we would have gotten Toad over Rosalina), the Stork may have a better chance.
mnah, bowser himself fits better as the main antagonist, he is so boss, and i dont think thats the reason why we got rossy btw.

- -
Kamek doesnt even have a rivality with yoshi, he cant work as a seriesi representative without the babies, thats the only reason why they fight in first place.
He will end being just a bowser's sidekick or something (a terrible representation), or the worst case imaginable: we end having baby mario, baby luigi and baby bowser in the game... the problem is, the yoshi series dont even spin around the babies, BUT AROUND YOSHI.

There is a reason of why Yoshi Story (only one game) is so important in smash compared to the baby wars (all the other games minus universal gravitation).
And not saying i dont want kamek, he can be a cool mario character, but as a yoshi character it just seems too odd.

But Stork is different, he can very well represent this part of the series without trully spining around the babies or even around yoshi, is a character itself and can do anything he wants in smash, is almost like rossy and luma in that sense, just another rep, and thats exactly why i love this idea, is simply perfect, everybody wins ;)

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I did the thread because is a character i like and nobody seems to care, thats all, is fun to talk about it.

mnah, bowser himself fits better as the main antagonist, he is so boss, and i dont think thats the reason why we got rossy btw.

- -
Kamek doesnt even have a rivality with yoshi, he cant work as a seriesi representative without the babies, thats the only reason why they fight in first place.
He will end being just a bowser's sidekick or something (a terrible representation), or the worst case imaginable: we end having baby mario, baby luigi and baby bowser in the game... the problem is, the yoshi series dont even spin around the babies, BUT AROUND YOSHI.

There is a reason of why Yoshi Story (only one game) is so important in smash compared to the baby wars (all the other games minus universal gravitation).
And not saying i dont want kamek, he can be a cool mario character, but a yoshi character it just seems too odd.

But Stork is different, he can very well represent this part of the series without trully spining around the babies or even around yoshi, is a character itself and can do anything he wants in smash, is almost like rossy and luma in that sense, just another rep, and thats exactly why i love this idea, is simply perfect, everybody wins ;)
Eh, I still prefer Kamek, but whatever.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Im just saying that kamek is not so likely as a yoshi's newcomer, he have a better chance as a mario rep, just a step behind bowser jr.
I just think it's more likely for Kamek to get in as a Yoshi character than for Kamek to get in as a Mario character, simply because of the ridiculous amount of competition in the Mario series.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I just think it's more likely for Kamek to get in as a Yoshi character than for Kamek to get in as a Mario character, simply because of the ridiculous amount of competition in the Mario series.
Toad, Bowser Jr, Paper Mario.... uhm, who else? waluigi and fawfull?
Nintendo want to represent the yoshi series as far from mario as possible, but Kamek will do the exact opposite thing in both mario and yoshi... so, a mario rep.

Last edited:

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Toad, Bowser Jr, Paper Mario.... uhm, who else? waluigi and fawfull?
Nintendo want to represent the yoshi series as far from mario as possible, but Kamek will do the exact same thing in both mario and yoshi... so, a mario rep.
Every single one of those characters is popular, though. Like, extremely so (except Fawful).

In the Yoshi series, there's...Kamek, Stork, and the Baby Bros.?

That's not a lot of competition.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Every single one of those characters is popular, though. Like, extremely so (except Fawful).

In the Yoshi series, there's...Kamek, Stork, and the Baby Bros.?

That's not a lot of competition.
Is not that simple.
If yoshi gets a new rep is going to be something that represent yoshi, not mario.
The yoshi series help kamek to be in the game, yes, but he if he does im sure is going to be as a mario rep, because thats what he is.

Even poochy can represent the yoshi series better than kamek, come on...

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Is not that simple.
If yoshi gets a new rep is going to be something that represent yoshi, not mario.
The yoshi series help kamek to be in the game, yes, but he if he does im sure is going to be as a mario rep, because thats what he is.

Even poochy can represent the yoshi series better than kamek, come on...
Eh, I do think he represents the series fairly well, though. I mean, he is basically the main bad guy if you don't count baby Bowser, which I don't.

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Eh, I do think he represents the series fairly well, though. I mean, he is basically the main bad guy if you don't count baby Bowser, which I don't.
By itself no, he doesnt, he needs the babies to work, and is better choose baby mario in that case, but again, yoshi series are about yoshi, not the babies.
This all conversation is because you said kamek beats stork btw.

Why dont count baby bowser?

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
By itself no, he doesnt, he needs the babies to work, and is better choose baby mario in that case, but again, yoshi series are about yoshi, not the babies.
This all conversation is because you said kamek beats stork btw.

Why dont count baby bowser?
I personally think it's more likely that Sakurai will choose the more popular choice, but, to be honest, I'm not terribly sure.

I don't count Baby Bowser because he's literally just Bowser. It doesn't really make sense to me that they would include him. (Then again, this is a non-canonical crossover, so I suppose it's at least possible.)

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
I don't count Baby Bowser because he's literally just Bowser. It doesn't really make sense to me that they would include him. (Then again, this is a non-canonical crossover, so I suppose it's at least possible.)
Baby bowser and adult bowser have interacted each other in the games, i dont see the problem...

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
? Was that in Partners in Time?

I still do prefer Kamek, though. Nothing personal, I just do.
Yoshi Island DS.

Nothing personal? i dont have any problem with that xD im just not agree neither with kamek being the main antagonist or him being over stork, thats all.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Yoshi Island DS.

Nothing personal? i dont have any problem with that xD im just not agree neither with kamek being the main antagonist or him being over stork, thats all.
Hm, I didn't know that.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Except on that the Stork is an awesome idea.

Crap-Zapper

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3540-1100-9470
Wow, You actually made me think Stork is the best Yoshi character.. You made me want him xD
Add me as a supporter !

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
aww yeah.

you guys do know why I was so enthusiastic about kamek, right? it was because Kamek was the best Yoshi rep. but I didn't even THINK about this one. it would be SO AMAZING.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I'M THROWING MONEY AT THE SCREEN, BUT NOTHING IS HAPPENING!!!!

I SUPPORT ALL THE DAMN WAY!!!!!

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
I have to admit, this is my favorite idea on the forums since my very own Daitoryo. I've put Stork into one of my out-there rosters now, actually.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Sorry for the double post, but could you tell me where you got that stork image in the OP? It's really nice, and I want to get someone to make an icon out of it.

BridgesWithTurtles

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3523-2059-7939
This idea is a lot better than revamping Yoshi to use babies in his moveset, if you ask me. I'd rather they add the stork than change Yoshi.

But only if this is literally his ledge-hanging pose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom