• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Storing needles without shielding

4tlas

Smash Lord
When I watch other Sheiks, most of them store the needles instantly without shielding. How do you do that? I always have a slight delay while I shield, which is rarely a problem but would be nice to avoid.

4tlas

Smash Lord
So don't full press? I thought I tried that and it didn't work...

Edit: So I tried it a bunch at my weekly tonight. I got it to work once, and that seemed to be when i let go of B and pressed shield at exactly the same time. Just a light press didnt work for me any of the other times. Fluke?

Last edited:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I store Needles just fine without getting a delay by just lightly pressing the shield button, in this case R. There's nothing more to it then that, as far as I know.

Can you explain your problem in more detail?

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
They press+release shield faster than you, simple as that. If you're pressing your shield button long enough for the shield to actually appear, you're holding it way too long. A quick tap is all it takes.

4tlas

Smash Lord
Ok I'll try that. Thanks!

Edit: Ok I've been able to get it occasionally now. I just need to practice now that I know what to do. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Captain Faceroll

Smash Apprentice
I store my needles by pressing Z.

Which means never having to worry about the shield thing or ever messing up :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom