• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stopping samus

Liquid Swords

Smash Rookie
no matter how hard i try, samus keeps getting to me with her missles. one of my friend is notoriously known for just keep distances and wavelanding homing and super missles. i try air dodging, spot dodging, back air, everything and try to get close, and when i get next to him he usually will always spot dodge or drop a bomb, then dair to dsmash. the thing is he is so good at shooting missles, that he has time to space between me and easily counter any attack i throw at him. if anybody has any vids or approaches on samus's, who plays like my friend, please let me know.

thanks.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
When you hit her off the stage, if she is far away and below the stage coming back, throw turnips. if they connect a good 2 to 3 times you can send her backing. If she is above you, create a wall of turnips and throw them at her.them when she comes down slowly, hit her with a N-air or some else to keep her off, If he is hanging on the edge, Float over it and do a FC to D-air, then N-ar her for the kil (time it)

when you fight her on the ground, at times you have to be evasive with her. watch for missiles, its always good to have a turnip in your hand and follow up with a combo.. Use the FC techs, to take her out and make the match hard for her. Samus cant really do much about that. Also be patient when fighting her. Watch how the samus moves. watch how they come at you and all.

If getting comboed, DI away. Don't try to get a hit in before her. get some space then go into the fight. Back off when getting comboed
If samus throws you down, DI away from her cause she will hit you with a N-air
Move around alot, wave dash, Dashdance, and Use FC techs, try not to stay still so much. Confuse them in your movement
Watch for her missiles, if you have to retreat go ahead and get some space from her, then you think you got it, go back into the fight. nothing wrong with running away and getting space
Mix up your grabs and dash attacks.
Don't crouch cancel aginst samus too much, you will get owned for it hardcore.

Shakugan

Smash Journeyman
when i play a samus i try to say in there face the whole time so they cant shoot missles. try to throw off there flow by spamming turnips. also if u can try to play a samus on a small lvl so they cant camp the whole time

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
jus try ur best...maybe keep rolling to get out of the way of most/some missiles til u get in good reach
and then pile on teh combos - maybe down smash near the edge to send samus diagonally down off the stage then float/turnip edge guarding

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
jus try ur best...maybe keep rolling to get out of the way of most/some missiles til u get in good reach
and then pile on teh combos - maybe down smash near the edge to send samus diagonally down off the stage then float/turnip edge guarding
If you roll against a spammer, your gonna get hit. You will be left open for a short period of time and you cant do anything about it. air doge or side step while getting close with a turnip.

and I already explain how to edge guard her. that Dsmash soike wont work all the time. for she can sweet spot the edge if done right.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Keep in mind that only the sweetspot of your attack will go through the missile: nair must hit with the hands, bair with the buttocks, dair with the feet, fair don't even bother trying to sweetspot.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
as a samus main, its safe to say that pretty much everything dark peach said is right lol. take his advice

Top Bottom